ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch From Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 : minimum 6 month employmen

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gorgeous_Worrier
Newly Registered

Switch From Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 : minimum 6 month employmen

Post by Gorgeous_Worrier » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:55 pm

Dear All,

I am on PSW Tier 1 and currently employed in engineering field

I am looking forward to switch from PSW visa to tier 1 General sponsored visa.

I got very simple question.

How important is to work for the sponsor company for atleast 6 month or less than six month?

As what I believed that it is mandatory to work at least for 6 month for sponsor company.

It would be better if any senior people help me with this.

Thanks in advance !

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:19 am

Tier 1 (General) is closed. You mean Tier 2 (General). It's not mandatory to work for your potential sponsor for six months, but if you don't your situation will have to be subjected to the resident labour market test.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:26 am

The requirement for a psw holder to have worked for an employer for 6 months in order to be exempt from the RLMT has been removed since 6 April to put psw migrants in line with tier 4 migrants.

stan7

Post by stan7 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:01 am

Greenie, what about applicants who submitted prior to April 6th.
My girlfriends ( holding PSW visa) sponsor undertook the RLMT and acquired the COS number, followed by submission ( postal application march 11th )

She has received an acknowledgment letter but is yet to receive a call for Bio-metrics

if the application process continues until the end of April, she would have made 6 months of employment

Will HO continue to process application based on original arrangements here.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:32 am

stan7 wrote:Greenie, what about applicants who submitted prior to April 6th.
My girlfriends ( holding PSW visa) sponsor undertook the RLMT and acquired the COS number, followed by submission ( postal application march 11th )

She has received an acknowledgment letter but is yet to receive a call for Bio-metrics

if the application process continues until the end of April, she would have made 6 months of employment

Will HO continue to process application based on original arrangements here.
Her application will be considered according to the rules in place prior to 6th April but given that they undertook the RLMT i am not sure what you are concerned about.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:36 am

For the sake of clarification, the changes i referred to above make it easier for a psw migrant to switch into tier 2 as from 6 April they no longer need to be working for the employer for 6 months to be exempt from the RLMT. However this only applies to applicants who apply on or after 6 April.

Rajeev123

Post by Rajeev123 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:13 am

Greenie, Just want to confirm- I have a friend whose visa expires on 30th june 2012 and he has been working for this company since Jan 27th 2012. Does this means that his company can now sponsor him and he do not have to be employed with the company for last six months.

Gorgeous_Worrier
Newly Registered

Post by Gorgeous_Worrier » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Greenie wrote:The requirement for a psw holder to have worked for an employer for 6 months in order to be exempt from the RLMT has been removed since 6 April to put psw migrants in line with tier 4 migrants.
Hi Greenie,

What I understood from your wording that now, for psw tier 1 holder who has worked for the company for less than 6 months can be sponsored without any resident market labor test. is this correct?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:52 pm

yes

mandy_h
Newly Registered

Post by mandy_h » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi Greenie,

I've got a few questions here for my application...

My Tier 2 application, submitted in February, has been refused because on the CoS, my salary was below 20k. The company realised after they issued the CoS that there was a salary requirement or £20,000 and increased my salary accordingly, but rather than issuing a new CoS, they just provided a letter to explain that my salary was 20k as of the date of the application, which I posted it along with my application. In fact, before I got the refusal letter from UKBA, I came to realise that my salary is still lower than the corresponding salary of the code they put in my CoS. So I wasn't surprised I got refused.

To solve the problem, the company has issued a new CoS with different code and adjusted my job title. I'm thinking to send out a new application within my 10 days 'right to appeal' time.

I'm now wondering about a few things:

Should I explain the mistake of my previous application in cover letter, or should I just not mention it at all?

Do I use send out application by post or face to face (but not premium service)?

According to your experience, do you think there are any other issues that I might not have considered that might make my new application fail?

Thank you very much for your help!

Mandy