ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit to ILR - Any experience about Job Title & ch

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

skam2013
Newly Registered

Work Permit to ILR - Any experience about Job Title & ch

Post by skam2013 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:38 pm

My ILR through WP 5 year route is in progress. My company appointed an immigration lawyer to submit a postal application. However this lawyer raised a point that because my job title has changed and salary increased since coming to UK, it can be problematic for ILR. He asked my company to submit a Technical Change Notification and attached a copy of that form in my ILR application. To me it's providing more information than needed to UKBA and unnecessory make case complicated. Any experience that ILR getting refused or accepted due to change in job title? Does the SOC codes at the time of WP and now exactly match? Thanks

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:01 pm

Your lawyer is trying to be on the safer side which he should be doing exactly. I was on 5 year work permit, my position got changed so did my location though within the same company with increase In salary. So we did notification of a technical change form 6 months before applying for ILR.

When are you eligible to apply for ILR?

The position which has been changed, is that similar to one you were when you got your work permit?

Also keep Im mind, home office do take 3-4 months to update their system after you have submitted the technical change form

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:06 pm

You need to get a SOC match, nearest to your Job Title. Some times you will not find an exact match.
Nice to know some people are getting increased salaries and other perks after getting ILR. Good Luck.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:07 pm

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:09 pm

Many Thanks for the Prompt reply and express service.

skam2013
Newly Registered

Post by skam2013 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:38 pm

Many thanks Gagan. As my company didn't know about Tech Change, they found out when the ILR was due! So the Tech change and ILR application went out same time. The lawyer inserted a note that "Tech Change update pending". I am praying that UKBA accepts this and clears ILR. My question is does the ILR department looks at this & how seriously even if other documents are OK?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:41 pm

why did your solicitors send a postal application?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:45 pm

skam2013 wrote:Many thanks Gagan. As my company didn't know about Tech Change, they found out when the ILR was due! So the Tech change and ILR application went out same time. The lawyer inserted a note that "Tech Change update pending". I am praying that UKBA accepts this and clears ILR. My question is does the ILR department looks at this & how seriously even if other documents are OK?
ILR case working department team don't deal with technical change forms and enquiries. So I believe that technical change form will be ignored.

All depends on how big the change is and it's been how long you have been working in a different position. If it is a minor change, CW might overlook it.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:23 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:why did your solicitors send a postal application?
Since it is a Postal Application,it's going to take time for you to get a decision regarding your ILR.

Micok
Newly Registered

Post by Micok » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:05 pm

Hello.
I just received ILR approval and I was also told that it might be better if I submit Tech Change by my consultant when I applied, but finally I didn't.
Because, as someone said above, me nor my employer did not realise at all about it and when my consultant advised me was just one month before the expiry date.
For my case, my job title was a bit different from the WP letter but I was also in the same field. For example, I was a staff in "Human Resource & General Affairs" dept at the time of WP, but I am in "HR" dept and not care for GA dept at all now. Also salary has been changed since the WP obtained.
SOC was not there when I had WP, and there is no exact match code for me. I put just the nearest code.
Anyway, at the end, it was no problem and I could get ILR.
Good luck.

skam2013
Newly Registered

Post by skam2013 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:07 pm

Pleased to inform all that my ILR applicatio is through. The immigration lawyer informed me that it helped to move the process faster because of the Technical change letter he submitted in parallel. Anyway we are pleased with the outcome. All the Best Wishes & Good Luck to all.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:39 pm

Congrats both

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:Your lawyer is trying to be on the safer side which he should be doing exactly. I was on 5 year work permit, my position got changed so did my location though within the same company with increase In salary. So we did notification of a technical change form 6 months before applying for ILR.

When are you eligible to apply for ILR?

The position which has been changed, is that similar to one you were when you got your work permit?

Also keep Im mind, home office do take 3-4 months to update their system after you have submitted the technical change form
Congratulations. To inform UKBA for a Technical Change by how much should the salary be above the SOC Code salary. If the list of duties and Job Title remains the same as in original WP.??

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:22 pm

skam2013 wrote:Pleased to inform all that my ILR applicatio is through. The immigration lawyer informed me that it helped to move the process faster because of the Technical change letter he submitted in parallel. Anyway we are pleased with the outcome. All the Best Wishes & Good Luck to all.
Well done. Solicitors like to claim credit when things go right.