ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How To Better Explain My Situation (Job)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SgtBellPepper

How To Better Explain My Situation (Job)

Post by SgtBellPepper » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi all,

I need some urgent advice.

I work as international cabin crew for a major UK airline out of Heathrow.

I'll let you guess which one.

I currently have an application pending for my daughter (MN1).

When I applied (under the residency section for myself) I noted that I am international cabin crew and as such fly in and out of the country with the airline. When we get there we might stay a night or two and then operate back. I said I couldn't give an exact list of dates and destinations as you can imagine that over 3 years that's a lot of flights operated!

Didn't think it was an issue of major importance but wanted to be totally open and honest.

Let me be very clear. I reside in the UK with my partner and children. They go to school here. We shop here, pay NI here, along with tax etc.

Now I'm being asked for further proof of my residency for the last 3 years and that I wasn't absent for too long.

Did I maybe not explain myself and my job correctly?

They have sent a list of documents but I'm not sure what to do or send.

The list names examples like P60 and payslips and work letters etc.

Any advice would be very useful.

Thanks.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:54 pm

UKBA has understood it correctly and that is why they are asking what they are asking.

Airline crews based in UK are not treated as absent when they are staying away as part of their job.

The main thing they are concerned about and want the proof of is, that you are "based" in UK.

Documents such as P60 and payslips and work letters etc will prove that you are based in UK, and not overseas. You can include some utility bills too.

SgtBellPepper

Post by SgtBellPepper » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:19 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply.

All understood.

Will send the paperwork tomorrow.

Hopefully it won't delay the process too much.

SgtBellPepper

Post by SgtBellPepper » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:58 am

Are P60's covering the last 3 years sufficient?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:09 am

What they are looking for is, that you were not absent for more than the periods allowed for naturalisation.

P60's on their own might not prove it beyond doubt, but a caseworker might just accept P60's as proof.

I would thing that P60's, few bank statements spread over 3 years, plus a few bills spread over the period would do the job.

If your line manager or HR could write a brief simple letter that you have been employed with them for x years, and that your are cabin crew, and that you are based in x location in UK.

Reading from my previous post, I think you should be able to work out which documents will prove what you want to prove.

What caseworker is trying to establish is that you really are a cabin crew who needs to fly out of UK regularly, and not just someone who is trying to cover-up access absences.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:12 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:What they are looking for is, that you were not absent for more than the periods allowed for naturalisation.

P60's on their own might not prove it beyond doubt, but a caseworker might just accept P60's as proof.

I would thing that P60's, few bank statements spread over 3 years, plus a few bills spread over the period would do the job.

If your line manager or HR could write a brief simple letter that you have been employed with them for x years, and that your are cabin crew, and that you are based in x location in UK.

Reading from my previous post, I think you should be able to work out which documents will prove what you want to prove.

What caseworker is trying to establish is that you really are a cabin crew who needs to fly out of UK regularly, and not just someone who is trying to cover-up access absences.
The burden of proof is much less - balance of probabilities rather than beyond reasonable doubt.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:41 am

D4109125 wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:
The burden of proof is much less - balance of probabilities rather than beyond reasonable doubt.
Still what I have said is relevant. Caseworker had some doubts that why they have asked to provide proof of 3 years residence, otherwise they would just be content by the mention of occupation as "cabin crew" and the employers being abc airline.

Now, the documents I suggest will prove beyond reasonable doubt that the applicant is a cabin crew and need to be away from UK due to the type of work.

Now if something is proved beyond doubt, then there will surely be no need to think about "balance of probability" :wink:

What I said was relevant to the query and towards a favourable outcome of the naturalisation application.

I don't know how proving the point that its "balance of probability" and not "beyond doubt" is of any help to OP.

SgtBellPepper

Post by SgtBellPepper » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:22 pm

In the end I sent the 3 P60's, plus my payslips from the airline for the last 3 years (every single month), and a letter from my employer confirming my employment along with my job title and start date etc. I have also included a council tax bill and child tax credits award certificate.

I hope this is sufficient, whether I need to meet a balance of probability, or even provide proof complete of residence and employment in the UK (including being based here for my job).

Thanks for the input.

I'll update as and when I have an answer.