ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application & away from UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kh_st
Newly Registered

ILR application & away from UK

Post by kh_st » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi, does anyone know if we have to be in the UK for a full six months right before submitting ILR Application? I know you can't be out of the country for at 180 days a year, but was wondering if I can spend 2-3 months away, leading up to ILR application, and be back just in time for it.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application & away from UK

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:21 pm

kh_st wrote:Hi, does anyone know if we have to be in the UK for a full six months right before submitting ILR Application? I know you can't be out of the country for at 180 days a year, but was wondering if I can spend 2-3 months away, leading up to ILR application, and be back just in time for it.

Thanks
You better ask this in the ILR forums.
You should be fine as long as your absences within any 12 consecutive month period of the 5 year continuous period do not exceed 180 days, when you apply for ILR.
As long as you apply on time within the UK and meet the above target, you should be fine.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kh_st
Newly Registered

Re: ILR application & away from UK

Post by kh_st » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:32 pm

Thank you Zimba, you're right I will ask this in the ILR forum. Thanks!