ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Coronavirus & Pregnant

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AmyHigh20
Newly Registered
Romania

Coronavirus & Pregnant

Post by AmyHigh20 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:30 am

Hi all, I'm hoping I could please get some advice about my situation. I have paid for my citizenship application a few days back and my 45 day deadline for getting my biometrics sorted is 8th of May.

However, I didn't anticipate (or could check) how very few appointments are available at Sopra Steria. The closest appointment I could find is on the 9th of April in Nottingham (about an hour drive from where I live).

I am currently 34 weeks pregnant and yesterday the government has put pregnant women in the vulnerable category for Coronavirus and indicated they should self isolate for 12 weeks (or until birth I guess).

What are my options in this situation? I've seen Sopra is willing to refund the cost of the appointment if you're self-isolating, however I'll be 37 weeks by 9th of April and will definitely have given birth by May 8th. So booking another appointment within that timeframe is useless as I'll still be either in isolation or recovering from birth and unable to travel. Worst case scenario is also that if I get a C section I won't be able to drive for 6 weeks and can't get lifts from anyone.

Has anyone had any experience of delaying that 45 day deadline at all? I'm not sure who to contact and ask or whether Sopra even has the ability to make such a decision since it's all standard government practice. What should I do? Thank you!