ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker dependant maintenance amount

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aaj2111
Newly Registered
India

Skilled worker dependant appying from UAE (India passport)

Post by aaj2111 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:06 am

Hi all,

I am currently on Tier-2 visa since mid 2020 and planning to apply for the dependant visa for my wife and child in start of 2021. They are in UAE (hold Indian passport).

1. Does anyone know if there is any difference in documentation to be provided and process when applying from a different country from nationality ie in this case Indian passport holders applying from UAE.

2. We have been married for more than 6 years. Do you think we need to provide any evidence to substantiate relationship -photos / whatsapp/ FB etc - read about this in the forum. Have marriage certificate and bank statements.

Thank you for your help. Cheers.

aaj2111
Newly Registered
India

Skilled worker dependant maintenance amount

Post by aaj2111 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:11 am

Hi all,

I have a query regarding maintenance amount. I am currently on Tier-2 visa since mid 2020 and planning to apply for the dependant visa for my wife and child in start of 2021.

Amounts and minimum period of holding as per guidance and main site differs. Does anyone know which is the final version?
https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children
Your partner and children must have a certain amount of money available to support themselves while they’re in the UK. You - or your partner or child - will need:

£285 for your partner
£315 for one child

You - or your partner or child - will need to have had the money available for at least 28 days in a row. Day 28 must be within 31 days of you or them applying for this visa.

While guidance says:
88. For example, the Tier 2 migrant is making an application at the same time as their spouse and
two children. They must show that they have £630 for their spouse and a further £630 for each
child,

at least 90 days

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled worker dependant maintenance amount

Post by sah10406 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:27 am

aaj2111 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:11 am
While guidance says:
88. For example, the Tier 2 migrant is making an application at the same time as their spouse and
two children. They must show that they have £630 for their spouse and a further £630 for each
child,

at least 90 days
You are looking at the current Skilled Worker rules, but then at the old Tier 2 guidance. Hence the difference.

Skilled Worker replaced Tier 2 for applications from 1 December 2020.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

aaj2111
Newly Registered
India

Post by aaj2111 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:34 am

Thank you for the quick response @ sah10406.
Is there a guidance available for skilled worker dependants. Could not locate it. Can only find the document tier 2
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5

Could you please share the link if you are aware of it.

Thanks a lot. Cheers.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:52 am

aaj2111 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:34 am
Is there a guidance available for skilled worker dependants. Could not locate it. Can only find the document tier 2
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5
There appears to be no such document. With the new routes like Student and Skilled worker the idea is that the relevant Immigration Rules and gov.uk web-pages have been improved, simplified and streamlined, so there is no need for applicant guidance. Any relevant guidance is now only for sponsors and caseworkers.

See Appendix Skilled Worker and Appendix Finance for "guidance" on dependant applications -- actually Rules, not guidance.

However, the Skilled Worker caseworker guidance does also say on page 7 that there is (or will be) separate guidance about dependant applications, so maybe they are working on something.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

aaj2111
Newly Registered
India

Re: Skilled worker dependant appying from UAE (India passport)

Post by aaj2111 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:03 pm

aaj2111 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:06 am
Hi all,

I am currently on Tier-2 visa since mid 2020 and planning to apply for the dependant visa for my wife and child in start of 2021. They are in UAE (hold Indian passport).

1. Does anyone know if there is any difference in documentation to be provided and process when applying from a different country from nationality ie in this case Indian passport holders applying from UAE.

2. We have been married for more than 6 years. Do you think we need to provide any evidence to substantiate relationship -photos / whatsapp/ FB etc - read about this in the forum. Have marriage certificate and bank statements.

aaj2111
Newly Registered
India

Re: Skilled worker dependant appying from UAE (India passport)

Post by aaj2111 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:39 am

aaj2111 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:06 am
Hi all,

Any help on this query appreciated. Thank you in advance.Cheers.