ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion in UK Dependent Child Visa Application - Declaration & Consent

Only for Start-Up Visas and Innovator Visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

farb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Confusion in UK Dependent Child Visa Application - Declaration & Consent

Post by farb » Fri May 03, 2024 11:42 am

Hi everyone,

I'm applying for a UK visa for my child who was born in the UK. I'm currently on a Tier 1 Innovator visa. I'm stuck on a couple of things in the application form and hoping someone can clarify.

Declaration Section:

I selected "I am the parent or legal guardian..." as I'm applying on my child's behalf.
However, the next page asks for a "Third Party Declaration" with "In what capacity are you representing the applicant?"
Here's the confusing part:

When I choose "Family Member," it asks, "How are you related to [my name]?" (It shows my name, not my child's.)
Is this a mistake in the form, or should I answer "Parent" even though it refers to my name?

Consent Section:

The form asks:

Consent
Are you relying on evidence from someone else to prove your financial circumstances? (Yes/No)
Since my child is a dependent, and I'm sponsoring their visa, should I select "Yes" here? Or No ? I am not sure its the question form asking to applicant that is my child , or its a question to parent that is me ?

Thanks in advance for any help!