ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are my options for Spain?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dory1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

What are my options for Spain?

Post by dory1234 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:50 pm

Hi

I am looking at how I can move to Spain to be with my partner/future husband, we are looking to get married now but would still need to go through a visa process to do this.

I am a British national and he is from Belgium. He lives in Spain and has residency. I am currently receiving UC and unemployed but looking for a remote working position so that I can work whilst in Spain.

In an ideal world we would both like to live in Spain so I am just concentrating on this option for now and wondered how I can do this.

I had an appointment to speak about this but I got confused and they seemed to suggest that I needed 9000 Euro to do this and I do not have any savings.

Any help please?

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: What are my options for Spain?

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:34 pm

There is a family reunification route (reagrupación familiar) which is fully explained on the official immigration websites.

The financial requirement is for your partner living in Spain. The applicant bringing family to Spain needs to demonstrate financial capacity to cover everyones' expenses, unsure what the amount is for a spouse. This is not too different of the financial requirement for British citizens to bring spouses from abroad.

I suspect your partner speaks Spanish, most of the relevant information can be easily found online. The translation into English is not always good. I don't think you need a solicitor for this, as long as any of you speaks the language.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: What are my options for Spain?

Post by Angel99 » Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:42 am

dory1234 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:50 pm
Hi

I am looking at how I can move to Spain to be with my partner/future husband, we are looking to get married now but would still need to go through a visa process to do this.

I am a British national and he is from Belgium. He lives in Spain and has residency. I am currently receiving UC and unemployed but looking for a remote working position so that I can work whilst in Spain.

In an ideal world we would both like to live in Spain so I am just concentrating on this option for now and wondered how I can do this.

I had an appointment to speak about this but I got confused and they seemed to suggest that I needed 9000 Euro to do this and I do not have any savings.

Any help please?
Hi,

If your husband has Belguim citizenship you can apply for EU family member visa not Family reunification visa as the other person stated above.

*You will just need you and your spouse passport or his ID,
*Your marriage certificate translated in Spanish.
*If not married, Proof of cohabitation and long term stable relationship.
*Proof he is travelling with or already in Spain (If he is already there; copy of his NIE number and registration certificate)
*Your reserved flight ticket (if it's cheap just book it).

After arrival to Spain, apply for ;

Familiar de Ciudadano de la Unión