ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR paper vignette and NTL application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dolphin21
India

ILR paper vignette and NTL application

Post by dolphin21 » Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:24 pm

Hi everyone,

A very specific question:

My parents have ILR but have been spending most of their time abroad to sort out some property/other issues for the last few years. But they have never been out of UK for more than two years and therefore retained their ILR. Based on new rules, it seems they need to apply for BRP via NTL application and then for an e-VISA. Will this create a problem ie that they have been spending most of their time abroad and does this need to be explained? Also, in terms of evidence of not being out of the UK for more than 2 years, will stamps in their passport suffice since they are retired and do not have any other evidence as such? I understand NTL is only an administrative decision and not an immigration application but would appreciate views/guidance.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR paper vignette and NTL application

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:36 am

dolphin21 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:24 pm
Hi everyone,

A very specific question:

My parents have ILR but have been spending most of their time abroad to sort out some property/other issues for the last few years. But they have never been out of UK for more than two years and therefore retained their ILR. Based on new rules, it seems they need to apply for BRP via NTL application and then for an e-VISA. Will this create a problem ie that they have been spending most of their time abroad and does this need to be explained? Also, in terms of evidence of not being out of the UK for more than 2 years, will stamps in their passport suffice since they are retired and do not have any other evidence as such? I understand NTL is only an administrative decision and not an immigration application but would appreciate views/guidance.

Thanks
If someone has not been absent from the UK for more than 2 years, they retain their ILR status. UKVI may ask for evidence of residence but this should not create a problem as long as the ILR status is retained.

A BRP application could take up to 6 months and note that all BRPS will be useless as they will all be replaced by eVisas by the end of the year. The eVisa system is not fully rolled out so I suggest waiting a bit longer and they should just apply directly for a digital status and skip the BRP step.

Information on eVisas as all BPRs will be phased out from 1st Jan 2025
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dolphin21
India

Post by dolphin21 » Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:37 am

Thank you, Simba.

You say UKVI may ask for evidence of residence - can this be just their passport stamps since they have not really been staying here much in the last few years although not away for more than 2 years?

Secondly, I understand what you say about BRPs taking more than 6 months - do you know if there is a priority service available for NTL applications.

Thanks again,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:49 pm

dolphin21 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:37 am
Thank you, Simba.

You say UKVI may ask for evidence of residence - can this be just their passport stamps since they have not really been staying here much in the last few years although not away for more than 2 years?

Secondly, I understand what you say about BRPs taking more than 6 months - do you know if there is a priority service available for NTL applications.

Thanks again,
Any evidence is just used to evaluate that they have not spent more than 24 months outside the UK. There is no priority BRP application.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice