ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval Letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Approval Letter

Post by juliajules1979 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Hiya

I got my approval letter today and it lists the documents that I sent with it. I included a Certified copy of my passport, but on the list of documents it says:

Birth certificate, marriage certificate etc... and then Photocopy of documents.

Wil this be a problem that they think my certified copy of passport is a copy or will the caseworker when processing see it is all fine.

Also they have put my surname wrongly on the letter, my surname is double barralled and they have only put the last bit of my surname down, will they correct this when processing do you think?

Anyone else have any probs with this?

Many thanks

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:25 pm

Is it your approval letter (ie your invited to become British) or acknowledgement letter (ie they say they've received your application)?

I believe the letters are all standard as it mentioned things like photocopies etc on ours when we didnt send any photocopies.

I would raise the name being wrong though to try and avoid a potential issue in the future. Our name was double barreled but unhyphenated and it causes problems left right and centre.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Hiya

Many thanks you for your reply. It was an acknowledgement letter. Did they muck up your citizenship certiificate with your incorrect name. I am worried they will with mine. I called them to tell them and they said call in 2 weeks if i'm concerned. I wrote them a letter today instead.

Yes I know what you mean, the double barrel is always causing a problem. I hyphenate it where I can to save confusion, but as my passport doesnt show that I worried that if I did it on the form it would cause probs!

Can't win can you!

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:35 pm

They got the name right this time, unlike the PR card which they spelled the name wrong on.

Had similar issues with the holiday company recently where they stripped the space and so wrote it as a single name. They said their system couldnt cope with double surnames and so I suggested hyphenating it but they said "no because that isnt how it is in the passport" I pointed out but it isnt written as 1 name in the passport either!!

It almost always takes a couple of months between acknowledgement and response so I wouldnt be too worried. Personally would phone back but certainly back it up with a letter.

I do wonder who does their data entry and QA sometimes!

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:11 am

Yes I know I really wish they would do everything correctly the first time' it would save so much worry on our part. I have written them a letter explaining that they have put it wrong, just hope they read the letter!