ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wait for US (London) Consular Appointment

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, Administrator

AlabamaHanna
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Wait for US (London) Consular Appointment

Post by AlabamaHanna » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:49 pm

Hi, I'm in the UK. My American husband is in Alabama. We started the process 2 years ago. USCIS cleared. NVC completed, paid & accepted. No word since then. Does anyone know how long before Consular appointments are scheduled please?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Wait for US (London) Consular Appointment

Post by Ticktack » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:37 am

AlabamaHanna wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:49 pm
Hi, I'm in the UK. My American husband is in Alabama. We started the process 2 years ago. USCIS cleared. NVC completed, paid & accepted. No word since then. Does anyone know how long before Consular appointments are scheduled please?
Once the NVC is received and you've been allocated your case number and USCIS receipt number, you would be required to pay for US visa fee.

Have you gotten the letter from the embassy yet? Usually delivered by post.

Within 2-3 months from this juncture, your spouse should get an email from the IV section of the embassy with instructions on how to schedule an interview on the online portal.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!