ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple payments in salary credit, Traffic offence - ILR through Skilled worker visa 5 year route - main applicant only

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajcp1
Newly Registered
India

ILR and absence of 165 days

Post by rajcp1 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:03 pm

Hello All,
I am about to submit my ILR application via skilled worker visa 5 year route. I had a specific absence of 165 days in India during the covid situation due to flight ban/hotel quarantine etc. I opted to stay back in India until the situation is back to normal. However I was still employed and was working from India through out this extended period of time in India. At no given 1 year period, I wasn't away for more than 180 days from UK.
Do I need to be worried about the approval of my ILR in this scenario due to the extended absence?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Really appreciate.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR and absence of 165 days

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:03 pm

No you will not face any issues as long as you have your employer letter.

See: All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rajcp1
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajcp1 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:31 am

Thanks Zimba for the quick response. Appreciate it. I assume this is not a letter from employer about this specific absence part, rather the letter stating that they need my services for foreseeable future? Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks again.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:42 pm

rajcp1 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:31 am
Thanks Zimba for the quick response. Appreciate it. I assume this is not a letter from employer about this specific absence part, rather the letter stating that they need my services for foreseeable future? Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks again.
Such a letter is not needed. The advice in the link is clear. Follow as I explained there
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rajcp1
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajcp1 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:46 pm

Thanks Zimba. Appreciate the responses. I will get back to this forum with the outcome of my application.

rajcp1
Newly Registered
India

Multiple payments in salary credit, Traffic offence - ILR through Skilled worker visa 5 year route - main applicant only

Post by rajcp1 » Wed May 01, 2024 7:02 pm

Dear Team,
I am due for submission of my ILR application, I have couple of questions about the latest payslip and bank statement to be submitted & traffic offense- appreciate your time and response.

Q1: I received my salary in my bank account as 2 payments, payment 1 followed by the second payment - both on the same date (30th of April). And both amounts adding up to the exact figure in the payslip.
This was an error from employer which they rectified same day.
Do I need to worry about this?
Also, do I need to add a cover letter explaining this as an accountant error or leave it as it is?

Q2: 2 years back I received a "notice of intended prosecution" for offence of speeding - exceed 30 miles per hour. I was driving at 34 mph and I was offered an option of Driver Awareness Training which I accepted and completed. I wasnt fined on that.
Do I need to declare this in the application and say "YES" to the relevant question about traffic violations in the online application form?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Multiple payments in salary credit, Traffic offence - ILR through Skilled worker visa 5 year route - main applicant

Post by zimba » Thu May 02, 2024 10:06 am

1. No issue
2. No need to declare this

rajcp1
Newly Registered
India

Re: Multiple payments in salary credit, Traffic offence - ILR through Skilled worker visa 5 year route - main applicant

Post by rajcp1 » Thu May 02, 2024 10:11 am

Appreciate the response Zimba.
So I take it as I don’t need to have a cover letter to explain the multiple payment.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 02, 2024 10:13 am

No.

rajcp1
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajcp1 » Thu May 02, 2024 10:18 am

Thanks again. I had a speeding ticket 7 years back when I was in US on work visa. For which I had to pay the penalty but no court appearance. I don’t have any details of that at the moment. Not sure if that need to be declared? If so - do I need to add any document evidence in the form of penalty notice etc which I don’t have.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 02, 2024 10:26 am

rajcp1 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:18 am
Thanks again. I had a speeding ticket 7 years back when I was in US on work visa. For which I had to pay the penalty but no court appearance. I don’t have any details of that at the moment. Not sure if that need to be declared? If so - do I need to add any document evidence in the form of penalty notice etc which I don’t have.
No this is not relevant to your ILR

rajcp1
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajcp1 » Thu May 02, 2024 10:29 am

Thanks for all the responses. Appreciate that.
I will update this thread with the outcome in 3 weeks. Fingers crossed.

rajcp1
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajcp1 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:37 am

I wanted to provide an update on this,
My ILR application has been successful and I followed the advice given per this thread.
Once again thanks and appreciate the help.
Here are the timelines if thats helpful for someone else:
Route - 5 year tier 2 General + Skilled worker visa
Main applicant only
Date of entry clearance as stamped in the Passport - 06/06/2019
Date of ILR application submission and fee payment - 08/05/2024
Date of biometric appointment at Sopra Steria London - 10/05/2024 (opted for 5 days priority decision)
Date of Approval email from home office :) - 13/05/2024