ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (G) Extension Application Urgent Withdrawal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

karen.cnuk
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (G) Extension Application Urgent Withdrawal

Post by karen.cnuk » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:19 am

Hi Guys,

I've had a bit of concern about my visa application, which was submitted on 12th Apr and received by UKBA (I tracked the special delivery) on 13th.

However, it has been 3 working days since they've received my application, no fee has been charged from my account. I'm worried that something's wrong...

Any advice?

Update:

The original application was sent back to my home address 4 working days prior to the visa expiry date. I was able to make a fresh application in persion on the very last day (2nd May)

From the date of filing the urgent withdrawal request till the day they sent out the package, 5 working days in total. I would say it's very very efficient!

Anyway, thanks to all of you who have given me kind support and helpful advices on the forum!

All the best

Karen
Last edited by karen.cnuk on Fri May 10, 2013 8:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:21 am

you can use the old form for 21 days but your application will be considered under the immigration rules at the date of your application and the relevent fee applicable at the date of application, therefore your application will be rejected as invalid as you have not paid the correct fee - they can't charge you £1500 if you only signed the payment details form with your card details to pay £1000.

karen.cnuk
Newly Registered

Post by karen.cnuk » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:33 am

Greenie wrote:you can use the old form for 21 days but your application will be considered under the immigration rules at the date of your application and the relevent fee applicable at the date of application, therefore your application will be rejected as invalid as you have not paid the correct fee - they can't charge you £1500 if you only signed the payment details form with your card details to pay £1000.
Thank you Greenie.

Do you know roughly how soon will they return invalid application though?
Last edited by karen.cnuk on Fri May 10, 2013 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:53 am

My suggestion will be to Phone UKBA, tell them the whole story and see if they can suggest any thing different.

karen.cnuk
Newly Registered

Post by karen.cnuk » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:03 am

Sahib wrote:My suggestion will be to Phone UKBA, tell them the whole story and see if they can suggest any thing different.
Hi Sahib,

Thanks for your advice. Have done that three times today. Got 3 different answers from 3 different people.
One said, if the application is received on 13th, and no money has been taken within 48 hours, then something's definitely wrong with the payment.

One said, they usually take payment when the case worker get the application, which can take weeks.

One said, they can take 1500 pounds or they can take 1000 pounds. But no matter what, someone will write to me within 2 weeks time to acknowledge the receipt of my application and tell me what to do.

But the problem is, my current visa expires in 2 weeks. By the time I've got any bad news and the original documents, I'd be an overstayer...

I don't know who's answer is more true. Is there any one else I can get in contact with and ask for help?

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:35 am

I can completely understand but am sorry i can not suggest you anything else as my knowledge is very limited.

The only thing i can say is, there should be way for you as you made a mistake due to a geniune reason (injury, medicine etc) and it will not be fare if you become overstayer due to this.

I would also request others, if any one can help you.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:03 am

even if your application is returned as invalid after your LTR expires, your original date of posting will be taken as date of application when you reapply

at least that was the case for applications where payment was declined for various reasons
Manka

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:05 am

Manka10 wrote:even if your application is returned as invalid after your LTR expires, your original date of posting will be taken as date of application when you reapply

at least that was the case for applications where payment was declined for various reasons
this is incorrect.

if an application is rejected as invalid it is treated as if it has never been made, therefore if the application is returned after the OP's leave expires, she will be treated as an overstayer.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:08 am

karen.cnuk wrote:
Sahib wrote:My suggestion will be to Phone UKBA, tell them the whole story and see if they can suggest any thing different.
Hi Sahib,

Thanks for your advice. Have done that three times today. Got 3 different answers from 3 different people.
One said, if the application is received on 13th, and no money has been taken within 48 hours, then something's definitely wrong with the payment.

One said, they usually take payment when the case worker get the application, which can take weeks.

One said, they can take 1500 pounds or they can take 1000 pounds. But no matter what, someone will write to me within 2 weeks time to acknowledge the receipt of my application and tell me what to do.

But the problem is, my current visa expires in 2 weeks. By the time I've got any bad news and the original documents, I'd be an overstayer...

I don't know who's answer is more true. Is there any one else I can get in contact with and ask for help?
they can't take £1500 if you have only signed the form to say that you consent to £1000 being taken. You could try sending them the payment details page from the new form but there are no guarantees this would work. However if you do this and they subsequntly reject the application as invalid after your leave expires you may then have scope to argue that they have not acted fairly and that your subsequent application should be treated as in time.

I am afraid there is no set timeframe for applications to be returned. If your application is returned after your leave expires you will still be able to apply again in country but if the application is refused you will not get a right of appeal unless you can argue that it should be treated as in time as explained above.

karen.cnuk
Newly Registered

Post by karen.cnuk » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:28 am

Sahib wrote:I can completely understand but am sorry i can not suggest you anything else as my knowledge is very limited.

The only thing i can say is, there should be way for you as you made a mistake due to a geniune reason (injury, medicine etc) and it will not be fare if you become overstayer due to this.

I would also request others, if any one can help you.
Thanks Sahib. The injury is really a silly consequence of an idiotic action. I wish I could have foreseen the complication before making the decision to go hiking during Easter. However, it has been done, and it really is my fault.

I've asked around and see if anyone else has experienced similar situation and what suggestion they may have.

I wish the payment department could just contact me and ask for alternative payment solutions. But I also am aware that to them, my application is just one case out of many. It'd be hard for them to devote the same amount of concern and concentration on it as I do. Thus it's more likely that they will just reject me for the sake of convenience.

I truly hope whatever decision they make, they make it quick though. Just so I can have the chance of submit a brand new application before my current visa runs out.

Anyway, thank you for your kind words.

Karen

karen.cnuk
Newly Registered

Post by karen.cnuk » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:52 am

Greenie wrote:
karen.cnuk wrote:

they can't take £1500 if you have only signed the form to say that you consent to £1000 being taken. You could try sending them the payment details page from the new form but there are no guarantees this would work. However if you do this and they subsequntly reject the application as invalid after your leave expires you may then have scope to argue that they have not acted fairly and that your subsequent application should be treated as in time.

I am afraid there is no set timeframe for applications to be returned. If your application is returned after your leave expires you will still be able to apply again in country but if the application is refused you will not get a right of appeal unless you can argue that it should be treated as in time as explained above.
Hi Greenie,

Thanks for your explanation. I've phoned a couple of more people. Though still getting different answers, it seems more likely that they can't charge me 1500 pounds, just like you said.

Sending them the payment details page from the new form would be probably the only option at this stage for me. Though, there's no guarantees, it's better than wait and do nothing. I have the special delivery number as application reference. Guess this can help a bit.

It's good to know that I can still apply again in UK even if my Tier 1 expires. I didn't know that, so was really worried. Thought I had to immediately leave the country, despite I have job and property here.

And a big thank you on the suggestion to produce appeal supporting material by resending payment details page.

Karen

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Greenie wrote:
Manka10 wrote:even if your application is returned as invalid after your LTR expires, your original date of posting will be taken as date of application when you reapply

this is incorrect.

if an application is rejected as invalid it is treated as if it has never been made, therefore if the application is returned after the OP's leave expires, she will be treated as an overstayer.
This thread says different
Manka

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:03 pm

no it doesn't. It makes no mention of whether the OP's subsequent application was treated as in time or out of time and indeed the OP did not even come back to say whether or not the application was eventually successful.

Unless the UKBA specifically states that a person has a set number of days to resubmit a valid application, the date of the application will be the date of the valid application and not the original invalid application.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:31 pm

so it does, thanks for pointin, here's something for the OP, a different category of visa but nearly same circumstances

havent compared the old & new T1 forms myself but if there is an additional section in the new one which needs a signature then there could be more trouble apart from just the payment issue, the picture doesnt look rosy am afraid, brace yourself for struggle & enlist a solicitor right from now if you can
Manka

karen.cnuk
Newly Registered

Post by karen.cnuk » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Thank you to both of you.

Have managed to get a reply from the payment department. It's very unlikely for them to ask for payment details page from the new form once they come to my application. My application will almost certainly be rejected and returned as an invalid one. But to go through the standard channel, regardless that I have provided an pre-paid special delivery envelope, it's gonna take weeks. By the time I get my original document, my visa will almost definitely be expired.

It seems like the best thing to do at this stage is to withdraw the application and to collect all document in person to speed up the process, so as to ensure I get everything I need for a new application prior to my visa expires. Then find myself an appointment to apply in person would be even better, but that's stage 2.
I've heard that it can be done, and are currently working on it.

Will keep you updated with the progress, for the sake of helping anyone else who might have done stupid things like I have. :)

In the meanwhile, wish me luck!

Best

Karen

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:40 pm

karen.cnuk wrote:withdraw the application and to collect all document in person to speed up the process
not sure UKBA would entertain anyone showin up to personally collect their documents after withdrawing the application
Manka

karen.cnuk
Newly Registered

Post by karen.cnuk » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Manka10 wrote:
karen.cnuk wrote:withdraw the application and to collect all document in person to speed up the process
not sure UKBA would entertain anyone showin up to personally collect their documents after withdrawing the application
Yea. I've just stated that I'm willing to go the extra mile if they allow me to.
Have faxed them the urgent request and am waiting for response at the moment. 7 working days till my current visa expires. Really not pleasant feeling.

Someone has recommended to contact the local MP for help. Has anyone here done this before?

bluetopaz6
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bluetopaz6 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:59 am

i had the payment problem with my tier4 application, so my advice to you is to withdraw your application and make all the errors correct and resubmit your application.

you believe me or not UKBA is not going to ask you for alternative mode of payment or something you might be expecting, they will simply INVALID your application and will return all your documents, they might return in a day or even in months, you never know.

so just ask UKBA to return your documents back and resubmit the application again on correct version.

thanks and GOOD LUCK.

karen.cnuk
Newly Registered

Post by karen.cnuk » Wed May 02, 2012 4:30 pm

Update:

The original application was sent back to my home address 4 working days prior to the visa expiry date. I was able to make a fresh application in persion on the very last day (2nd May)

From the date of filing the urgent withdrawal request till the day they sent out the package, 5 working days in total. I would say it's very very efficient!

The MP's office helpt a great deal! I never had to use my plan B.

My recommendation to anyone who's in the position of withdrawing application in a hurry:
1. seek for all available help: employer, visa agency, legal, MP
2. prepare for both Plan A and Plan B scenarios.
If I waited till I actually have got the orignal documents back, then tried to book a PEO, it would be very risky.
3. keep calm so you can think!

Anyway, thanks to all of you who have given me kind support and helpful advices on the forum!

All the best

Karen

sabir111

Post by sabir111 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:10 am

karen.cnuk wrote:Update:

The MP's office helpt a great deal! I never had to use my plan B.

My recommendation to anyone who's in the position of withdrawing application in a hurry:
1. seek for all available help: employer, visa agency, legal, MP
2. prepare for both Plan A and Plan B scenarios.
If I waited till I actually have got the orignal documents back, then tried to book a PEO, it would be very risky.
3. keep calm so you can think!

All the best

Karen
I made the request on 12 April for the withdrawal of my application but I am still waiting, I send them a fix three time but they are not responding, I contact with MP as well but thing happened, UkBA saying wait and I got an emergency in back home