ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where are they on Tier 1 out-of-country apps?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Rooroo
Newly Registered

Where are they on Tier 1 out-of-country apps?

Post by Rooroo » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:34 pm

Prevously, the UKBA site posted that they were reviewing apps from on or before Nov 2nd during the week of Dec 20th. Now they've updated to say they will be reviewing apps from on or before Oct 26th during the week of Jan 3rd. They're going backwards...My app went in Nov. 16th, so I was hoping for a mid-January decision. If they really are only on Oct. 26th, I guess I'm looking at late February.

Any body have any idea where they may be in the process?

MattDell

Post by MattDell » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:57 pm

If you are looking at this page: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/

Then that is for in-country applications. I made the same mistake before.

The best assessment of where they are in the applications is this thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=60576

Seems like they have some late November, but mostly December applications to get through. Turnaround times have been around 1 to 1.5 months on average lately. But, it also appears that there is no longer a monthly cap and they will just start giving visas to all who qualify beginning on January 4th.

Happy New Year!
-Matt

Rooroo
Newly Registered

Post by Rooroo » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:12 pm

I am indeed looking at that page. Good to know that's not where to look, but still leaves me puzzled about why it's gone backwards. Oh well, lots of puzzles in this world?

I've been looking at the forum you recommended but had to quit looking for my sanity. People applying after me were getting in and I still haven't heard :( I'm SOOO ready to go!

Thanks for the info.

MattDell

Post by MattDell » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:54 am

When did you apply, Rooroo? And which Consulate (NY/LA/Chicago)?

-Matt

Rooroo
Newly Registered

Post by Rooroo » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:16 pm

I applied online and paid my fees on Nov. 16th. But I didn't get my documents to them until Dec 2 (witing on the last bank statement). I'm in PA, so filed in NY.