ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5-year address history

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dancull
Hungary

Re: 5-year address history

Post by Dancull » Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:59 pm

Hi All,

Do I need to inform the Nationality team about the new passport?

For context, I currently hold a Chinese passport but I'm eligible to have a Macau passport ( special administrative region of the People's Republic of China)

I'm thinking of obtaining one because I have a plan to travel to Europe with my partner for a family visit and also have a small wedding in the city where he was born. (tried so many times to obtain an appointment for a visa, but it seems impossible)

As far as I know, I will need to link it to my E-visa but not sure how will it impact the ongoing application.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:35 pm

Shouldn't have an impact, but you can't go wrong with informing the HO about this change in circumstances.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:51 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:35 pm
Shouldn't have an impact, but you can't go wrong with informing the HO about this change in circumstances.
Thanks as always.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:02 am

Morning all,

Can I straight to the ICE process without a formal complaint review?

I got the response from the initial complaint after 2 months delay as per usual they couldn't uphold it. and I have forwarded it to the review team for a formal review straight after. But I suspected or worried they might deliberately delay or not respond at all. (I apologise for the negative tone, I had completely lost faith in the process. A lot had happened)

Thank you.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:09 am

You can, but it is very likely that it will not be considered without a formal review as that is their process.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:36 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:09 am
You can, but it is very likely that it will not be considered without a formal review as that is their process.
Thanks contorted_svy, it really is a pickle for me as there won't be any guarantee they will reply to the review request. or should I wait 20 working days if no response from their side and submit the ICE complaint without it and attach the cover letter explaining that I have attempted to complete the process but to no avail, will it give a better chance for them to look at my case?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:13 am

It is hard to answer the question - we know that they expect to receive a complaint review in order to look at the case. Hard to know if there is anything that would make them deviate from their process. You could also try to escalate your case to the new Under-Secretary of State for Migration and Citizenship https://members.parliament.uk/member/4253/contact