ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to Tier 1 & Funding

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gaurav0098
Newly Registered

Tier 2 to Tier 1 & Funding

Post by gaurav0098 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi All,

I have got access to personal funds of around £55,000 and want to setup a business. Currently I am on Tier 2 (ICT) visa. I was looking to shift to Tier 1 visa and start my own business.

I have 3 questions over here.

1. I see on website that it is stated that £50,000 requirement can't be a personal fund. It needs to come from one of the 3 specified sources. In case I am unable to get an ok from one of these, can I not start my own business in UK?

2. Is there any other category of visa under which I can start my own business with my own money?

3. Can I shift to this other category or Tier 1 visa from Tier 2 (ICT) visa?

sindhoo

Re: Tier 2 to Tier 1 & Funding

Post by sindhoo » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:28 pm

Please correct me If I am wrong from Tier 2 to Tier 1 Entrepreneur you need to have access to 200k route not 50k .

samaygrg

Re: Tier 2 to Tier 1 & Funding

Post by samaygrg » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:58 pm

yes, that's what written in the guidance provided by HO, this especial provision is only for those who are switching to T1Ent from PSW status via in country application.