ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Maintenance fund requirement

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gaurav0098
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Maintenance fund requirement

Post by gaurav0098 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:24 am

Hi,

We are living in UK for last 2 years and my wife is on Tier 2 Dependent visa.

She is planning to start a NQF level 7 course for one year and I will be going on her Dependent visa. I have 2 questions, if you can please help us with.

The course is in Birmingham, hence what is the maintenance fund required?

I read on the website of UKBA that £820 for applicant + £460 for 1 dependent is required upto a maximum of 9 months. Going by this calculation do we need to show £11520 in bank account????? or it is less? what is the time period for which these funds should be present in the account?

Also, can you please clarify if I can take up full time employment on Tier 4 Dependent visa?

shaq1

Re: Tier 4 Maintenance fund requirement

Post by shaq1 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:14 am

gaurav0098 wrote:I read on the website of UKBA that £820 for applicant + £460 for 1 dependent is required upto a maximum of 9 months. Going by this calculation do we need to show £11520 in bank account????? or it is less?

It is not less and the period is 28 days. Please check the Tier-4 policy guidance

If she is studying at an Uni then we will get the work permit otherwise the answer is no.