ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aurnoc

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by aurnoc » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:51 am

@shahakram

Thank you and I am keeping all of you in my duas! Going to apply in August for my FLR M then SET M, inshAllah. Fingers crossed its less stressful as v r taking PEO option.

Zaidii

Post by Zaidii » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:02 pm

Shah's comment to kusNagi

Dear Kusanagi ,

Sorry to interrupt on the advice that you can apply 21st Sep , i will not agree on it , there is no such rule for Long Residency route applicant to apply on the visa date stamped and you travalled with in 28 days of the visa issue ...

i am afraid , this is not written any where and if so kindly share the link ,

so kindly don't get confuse on it , there is no option in the application form as well when your visa was stamped ?, however there is the question on the form when did you arrived in this country first / date of entry clearance as you CLOCK will start from the date you landed in this country . i.e in your case is 4th oct .

SO, you can apply 28 days before 4th oct , i.e on 6th Sept or after 6th sept

so now check when your last visa is finishing so according to the given information in those 45 days if you have included those 28 days then you can minus those 28 days so you will left with 17 days short and if you calculated your 45 days excluding the 28 days then there are different ways you can regularise your stay by applying some different category so by the time you will be processed for fees ,bio metric and decision and it reaches the 6th sept then you can apply for ILR on Variation of application ..

And there is a clear question on SET( LR) that "are you applying 28 days before the completion of the 10 years ?"
so Don't get confuse and don't mess up with 28 days and be very careful to avoid any disappointment ...
but i am sure that any one can apply 28 days before the completion of the 10 years ,
for your information yes , it is also true you will find some solicitors who never take any chance to apply before 28 days in the cases like you where they are short of 45 or more then 28 days short and it is also a good practise to play safely . hope you understand what i mean here so keep their clients on safe side they are advising this to their clients so HO can not make issue of those 28 days .....

I am not sure how to file for the variation of application ..you can still wait for some times so any one can give you advise on it or simply ask to the solicitor as we can only discuss the cases here to give you some options and ways or there are few solicitor where you can ask on TV SHOW ....HOPE you will get some useful advice on it .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kenXi1WcGow probably you may get the similar case in their tv programs ....some of them are available on you tube ...
.BUT
make sure there are some rules to do the variation of the application which i am not 100% sure what they are but if your FLR or any other category decision will come before 4th oct then obviously you will get the right to appeal and most likely you will get discretionary leave as your children are born here and you are living here with your wife and children but if your 10 years will complete before the court hearing or appeal date then you can not apply for SET( LR) straight away as variation ...they recently has changed the procedure where variation of application will be applied on your appeal hearing day in the court before your flr decision will start in the court on the same date where you will explain them that your 10 years are completed so judge will make decision on the same day and will refer your case to HO to accept his application for SET( LR) ...

And just in case if you will not get your FLR decision before 4th oct so you can apply for variation of application ...i am not sure about the procedure of that variation ....wether you have to with draw your current application and applied for the set( lr) same day or through some other process and also keep in mind that withdrawing application and applying for variation may regularise your stay or not ...there is a confusion on it ..in some cases they treat withdrawing an application and applying for the new one as VOID and VOID will consider as gap so please seek some good solicitor advice on it ,....or make sure you are following the right procedure to applying as variation of application..

Again i will say if you don't want to apply through solicitor make sure you are applying for the right application to cover your 45 days short in order to keep YOUR STAY REGULARISED , so kindly look into every possible way and take your decision wisely and make sure you follow the timings and procedure , to not to give HO any weak point other wise if incase your application will refuse it would go for appeal and although you will get ILR in the end because your personal cicumstances and your ties with this country but it may take longer because of appeal and hearing dates and so on ..so avoid any delays and disappointment make sure follow the correct procedure ..
i can understand that applying with family and solicitors fees will be very expensive to afford ....

wish you all the best

Keep updating us

With Regards ,
Shah[/quote]

@shah

Hi I'm afraid the advice/info shah gave is not correct.
Your clock starts from the entry clearance date/visa issue date,only if you've travelled to UK within 90 days of that date. And if you've traveled within 90 days then you can apply 28 days before the entry clearance date which is your visa issue date.
Please look at the below link and I have seen it on the ukba website too

Regards

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... years_long
Last edited by Zaidii on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:11 pm

aurnoc wrote:Hi guys,

I am posting my husbands ILR application timeline.

Syed F Ahmed
App sent: 13th March 2014
Ackn : 18th March 2014
Bio enrolled : 27th march 2014
ILR Approval: 14th July 2014
Docs Rcvd : 16th July 2014
BRP pending

Wanted to thank you all for sharing so much information. Its very helpful for all of us. Praying that everyone else (esp insomnia) also gets good news soon inshaAllah and its a double Eid for us all :)
congrats:)

did you apply 28 days earlier of qualifying period of 10 years ???

please share

regards
helostar

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:16 pm

vimi wrote:
hassan5805 wrote:
vimi wrote:Dear All

I am a silent reader of this forum. I want to thanks each and all of you here, this forum has been very useful. I have got my ILR today. 10 yrs route as a student, one of the ccl survivor. Thanks to the almighty God i have gotten it today.

Again thanx to all.

I want to ask one question, i have to send my child's application now. So is it the MN1 i should be sending.

So happy. Gudluck to each of those who are waiting, it wont be long, keep faith and be positive.

Vimi
Many many congragulations..You mind sharing your timeline please??
Thank you all.

My timeline as follows:

Application sent: 22/02/2014
Biometric done:13/03/2014
ILR Approved and received card today.

congrats:)

did u aply 28 days earlier of your qualifying period of 10 years????

regards
helostar

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:52 pm

aurnoc wrote:Hi guys,

I am posting my husbands ILR application timeline.

Syed F Ahmed
BRP pending

Wanted to thank you all for sharing so much information. Its very helpful for all of us. Praying that everyone else (esp insomnia) also gets good news soon inshaAllah and its a double Eid for us all :)
Many many Congratulations sister!
That,s great. first news this week for us. and thanks for your wishes and prays. In Sha Allah we This Eid will bring us Double happiness. Still waiting.... Good luck for your future plans

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:10 pm

@helostar: He applied few days after completing 10 years.

@insomina: inshaAllah bro, we were keeping ur timeline as our comparison point since the biometrics dates matched. Will specifically be praying for u.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:25 pm

helostar wrote:did you apply 28 days earlier of qualifying period of 10 years ???

please share

regards
helostar
Hi are you planning to apply 28 days earlier of qualifying period of 10 years ???

If so me too, as I am short of 40 day;
40 - 28 = 12

so kinda 12 shortage. Just looking for a bit of luck
N/A

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:25 pm

@shah

Hi I'm afraid the advice/info shah gave is not correct.
Your clock starts from the entry clearance date/visa issue date,only if you've travelled to UK within 90 days of that date. And if you've traveled within 90 days then you can apply 28 days before the entry clearance date which is your visa issue date.
Please look at the below link and I have seen it on the ukba website too

Regards

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... years_long[/quote]

@ zaidii,
Thanks for sharing the link ...it's really a very long link ... I just go through roughly , however the matter you are arguing here are only valid for those who are applying for ilr on Hsmp and five years route to ilr not for the long residency route of 10 years ..

And also I have mentioned this earlier that there is clearly no any question in application form that when you were granted visa ? However they asked about the date you enter in this country ...

And also this forum is not build to give any one legal advise .. So this should be clear to all the members that this forum never take the responsibility to give any member a legal advice on any matter however we are here to share the views , suggestion and discuss any thing regarding to the immigration under correct heading or category ..

So please keep sharing your ideas , views , suggestions which you think that benefit others ...

I also declaration that I m not a practicing lawyer or advisor so take every advise on your own risk however I am also mentioning it that I have shared my views on 28 days rule according to my understanding after reading and understand all the rules which are changing every month so I hope that we the members of this forum , keep sharing our views , update here on this forum ,

And also I have mentioned that particularly 10 years ilr long residency is really a sensitive matter and one mistake can put you on long waiting and disappointment ... To avoid any disappointment or disponcy follow the rules and regulation according to the updated information on ukba website ... And about before 28 days rule I will again advice every one don't take a risk to apply before 28 days of completion of 10 years ..

Thanks
Shah

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:50 pm

@ zaidii ,

An extract from the link you have shared here

Employment Routes: Continuous Residence

Q. I received my grant of leave but delayed my entry to the UK, when does
my 5 year continuous period for settlement (ILR) start?

A. Provided the delay was no longer than 90 days from the date leave was
granted your 5 year continuous period for ILR can start from your entry
clearance date.

For example, if you were given permission to come to the UK on 1 October
2007 but didn’t enter the UK until 1 December 2007, you may qualify for
settlement from 1 October 2012.

Q. If I delayed my entry to the UK by less than 90 days, can I still apply
at a PEO 28 days before my leave expires?

A. Yes

So those who are applying on Hsmp and employment base route to ilr are allowed to start their clock on of valid period towards ilr ...

If you not agreed with me then please kindly share the extract of that information from the link you have share here and also those question are bit old as well as those question are based on old rules and regulation ...

Thanks
Shah

fizzy888
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by fizzy888 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:11 pm

sky1234 wrote:hi ,
i am new in this boards ,
i am applied in may ,
any one
waiting for feb application ?
waiting for march application ?
waiting for April application ?

if all member reply then we can know how many application of each month still pending ,

my timeline

date of application 9 may 2014
biometric done , 10 jun 2014
still pending ????????????????
hello sky1234,

applied 1may,14
biomatric etc done
now waiting??

im expecting a response by the end of august/early sept.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:15 pm

Guys to just quick update.

Rang to home office and the lady on other side said still under process and she cannot give the timeline and she also said we are currently dealing with the March applicants and you will be hearing soon

Best Regards

ashoknairs
Newly Registered

Post by ashoknairs » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:15 pm

Dear All,

This is my first post. I just called up HO. The lady said my application is under consideration. I have applied for 10 years long residency ILR. 5 years as student, 3 years as dependent of Tier4 student and 2 years as PSW dependent, no gaps - pretty straight forward application. The timeline of my application is as below :

App sent: 24 March 2014
Bio received : 01 May 2014
Bio enrolled : 05 May 2014
ILR Approval: Waiting...

Dont know how long the wait will be ... When I spoke to HO, that lady said they have started processing on March 2014 applications.. so fingers crossed.. will update the post accordingly...

All the best everyone...

Regards,

Ashok...

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:33 pm

hassan5805 wrote:Guys to just quick update.

Rang to home office and the lady on other side said still under process and she cannot give the timeline and she also said we are currently dealing with the March applicants and you will be hearing soon

Best Regards
hi

i think i spoke to the same lady this afternoon. She told me exactly the same thing as she told you.

regards;
march_ilr
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March

tanz5656

Post by tanz5656 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:27 pm

hello,
i sent my wife application for flr(m), and submitted english certificate from trinity college london B1 , and also on page 33 on home office approved english test is mentioned Trinity graded exam is mentioned A1, A2 and B1 in speaking and listening. Did some one got the visa with same certificate. Anyone ??????? or i need to do A1 as b1 is higher than A1. can some one advise..

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi All

I am also calling Home Office everyday same lady named Machel pick up phone and same reply application is pending you have to wait.

I don't understand why this lady pick up call every time .Is there only one person on customer service?

Congrats to all those whose received their visa and prayers are with all members who are waiting especially March one.

Kind Regards

tanz5656

Post by tanz5656 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:46 pm

[quote="tanz5656"]hello,
i sent my wife application for flr(m), and submitted english certificate from trinity college london B1 , and also on page 33 on home office approved english test is mentioned Trinity graded exam is mentioned A1, A2 and B1 in speaking and listening. Did some one got the visa with same certificate. Anyone ??????? or i need to do A1 as b1 is higher than A1. can some one advise..[/quote]

Lemar
Newly Registered

Post by Lemar » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi tanz5656

My husband used trinity college b1 when applying for flr(m) and visa was approved. He had his visa appointment about a week and a half ago.

Hope his helps.

vimi

Post by vimi » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:47 pm

Spatacus wrote:

I am a silent reader of this forum. I want to thanks each and all of you here, this forum has been very useful. I have got my ILR today. 10 yrs route as a student, one of the ccl survivor. Thanks to the almighty God i have gotten it today.

Again thanx to all.

I want to ask one question, i have to send my child's application now. So is it the MN1 i should be sending.

So happy. Gudluck to each of those who are waiting, it wont be long, keep faith and be positive.

Vimi
Yes if your child is born in the UK then use MN1 form for your child's application to register as a BC.

Hope this helps
Dear Spactatus

Thank you for ur reply.

My child is not born in the uk but a solicitor told me its the same fom to use. im a bit confuse as it really is for british citizen. can someone here shed some light on this, i'll be grateful.

Thanx

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:51 pm

vimi wrote:
Spatacus wrote:

Again thanx to all.

Vimi
Yes if your child is born in the UK then use MN1 form for your child's application to register as a BC.

Hope this helps
Dear Spactatus

Thank you for ur reply.

My child is not born in the uk but a solicitor told me its the same form to use. im a bit confuse as it really is for british citizen. can someone here shed some light on this, i'll be grateful.
Thanx

Hello Vimi,

it will serve us all better if you provide us with more details about your child.
1) where was he/she born?
2) when was he/she born?
3) what Visa Category is she/he on presently?

if you can provide us with answers to the above questions then we "the forum members" will be able to help you with accurate information and the way forward for your child's application.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:53 pm

aurnoc wrote:Also forgot to mention that we called on Friday 11th and they said application is in process. Hubby asked if its been assigned to case worker but the lady said not yet. His approval letter is dated 14th.

Syed F Ahmed
BRP pending

congratulations auronic on the successful application of ILR.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

vimi

Post by vimi » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:01 pm

Dear Spactatus

Thank you for ur reply.

My child is not born in the uk but a solicitor told me its the same form to use. im a bit confuse as it really is for british citizen. can someone here shed some light on this, i'll be grateful.
Thanx[/quote]

Hello Vimi,

it will serve us all better if you provide us with more details about your child.
1) where was he/she born?
2) when was he/she born?
3) what Visa Category is she/he on presently?

if you can provide us with answers to the above questions then we "the forum members" will be able to help you with accurate information and the way forward for your child's application.[/quote]

Thank you again. To answer your questions, she is born in seychelles, she is 17 yrs old and right now she is on dependant visa as i was on student before i get my ILR. her visa will expire in November. So as i got my ILR i thought she can get it automatically being a minor.

tanz5656

Post by tanz5656 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:28 pm

Hello lemar

thanks for your help , my wife did grade 5 exam in speaking and listening level b1 from trinity college London which is also mentioned on home office list of approved centre and my course is on page 33 of approved test. So do u think is it OK and if you can see list and let me know so I can sleep in peace

Thanks

tanz5656

Post by tanz5656 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:29 pm

[quote="tanz5656"]Hello lemar

thanks for your help , my wife did grade 5 exam in speaking and listening level b1 from trinity college London which is also mentioned on home office list of approved centre and my course is on page 33 of approved test. So do u think is it OK and if you can see list and let me know so I can sleep in peace

Thanks[/quote]

vimi

Post by vimi » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:20 pm

@spactatus

Thank you again. To answer your questions, she is born in seychelles, she is 17 yrs old and right now she is on dependant visa as i was on student before i get my ILR. her visa will expire in November. So as i got my ILR i thought she can get it automatically being a minor.[/quote]

Lemar
Newly Registered

Post by Lemar » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:37 pm

Hi tanz5656

Just checked the certificate and it is grade 5 b1 from trinity college so should be fine.

Sleep well