ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

allwell46
United Kingdom

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by allwell46 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:44 am

My wife came to UK in June 2009 as Tier 1 PSW dependant, then became Tier 1 General Dependant, then got tier 1 general dependant extension, recently Got FLR M in July 2014.

I had tier 1 general before I got ILR on long residency basis.

Can someone please guide me to right directions what I suppose to do, They have not given us right of appeal as my wife have visa its not run out. I don't think there is any administrative review please correct me. The only option I see is just to write someone who is in charge of Solihill premium service centre (PEO) chielf immigration officer I am not sure
Can someone please explain in details how can I satisfy caseworker on 287 (d)???

Plz help help

malik15 wrote:
allwell46 wrote:Dear respected Shahjee, amber, casa, and other members

Please I need your help here
I had premium service appointment at solihill Birmingham for my wife's ILR on set (M). But unfortunately her ILR is been refused on the basis of 287 (d) of immigration rules.

A bit history of case is as follows.
I had applied for ILR on long residency basis in Feb 2014 and were granted in July 2014, I had applied for my wife's FLR M on 03 April 2014 before the new rules came into effect on 06 Apr 2014. As soon as I was granted ILR they granted FLR M visa of 2 years to my wife in July 2014.

Now they are saying that my wife has not completed a period of 2 years as a spouse of a person who is present and settled in UK so refused her ILR. I had explained them that she was granted FLR M of 2 years not two and half as she was protected under transitional arrangements of part 8 of immigration rules. So now as per immigration rules her time spent as PBS dependant and Time spent as FLR M can be combined which makes her eligible to granted ILR. But they did not listen anything and refused the visa.

Their cruality does not stop here, they even changed her 2 years FLR M to 2 and half years and kept the BRB and will send a new one in post. meaning they have put things up as per new rules of 5 years FLR (2.5 + 2.5) under appendix FM.

This is sadest day of my life, I am so sad so as my whole family, I was thinking to sueside but wont do it as its Haram, I will not do it, But I will fight for our rights.
Could you please put me in right directions

Kind regards

shahjee1234 wrote:Dear members and silent readers,
First of all Happy Eid day to all members who celebrate Eid.
I am writing to let you guys know about our experience at Croydon PEO for my wife and daughters SET(M).
We reached Lunar house Croydon PEO at around 11:00 am appointment time, the guards at the door were brilliant and as appointment was already booked so we were taken almost straight in. One of the security guy took us to the 3rd floor where at the first count the appointment time was checked and the fee paid receipt was checked and a ticket number issued.
We were than directed to wait for our turn in the cafeteria/waiting area. The screen there was helpful for us to know that it was about to be our turn. Next we were called to another desk to get the application registered and do the computer input, that was around11:27 am.
Next we were send to wait in another area to get the biometric done, that took another 30 minutes.
We were told to leave all the application material and supporting documents with them and go and wait in the cafeteria. They said that it might take another 90 minutes for them to decide and if there is any thing they will call us to discuss.
We go back to the waiting area and than it was a non stop look at what was happening to our ticket number. On the screen it keep gone through the stages of verifying the biometric details, than it jumped to case waiting for consideration and than to case under consideration, and at this final stage it just took 10- 15 minutes and than it jumped to documents ready for collection and that the ticket number will be called in some time.
Finally after a total wait of almost 2 hours we were called and given the good news that the application is successful and that biometric cards will be send out in 7-10 working days. No questions asked, absolutely brilliant. I made sure get the photocopies of all the documents that I was submitting, and looks like all that was welcomely received by the Home Office. Over all a very smooth and nice experience.
For the people who don't know about my dependents visa history, I give it as under
My SET(LR) was pending when I realised that Home Office was about to change the rules on the 06th April 2014, regards to SET(LR) dependents, and after that they will lose on any time that they have already spend in this country and have to start all over again and spend 5 more years to qualify for their ILR, hence I sprung into action and applied for their FLR(M) on the 02nd of April 2014 and requested the Home Office to hold the decision on their application till my case is decided.
My SET(LR) was granted on the 12th of June and immediately after that on the 16th of June FLR(M) was granted for my wife and daughters for 2 years under old rules, as they were pre July 2012 PBS dependent and also they applied before the rule change of 06th April 2014.
I applied for their SET(M) for today's date at Croydon PEO, and you guys know the rest of the story.
Many thanks for all the best wishes that we have received for all that time. My best wishes for all you guys who are waiting and who are about to apply.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Really sorry to hear your news. It seems that HO has got it wrong as everyone in this forum who applied before the rule change managed to get ILR by combining time spent on PBS.

Can you please share when was your wife granted her first PBS visa and in which category? Also, what was your status before you got ILR?

malik15

Post by malik15 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:48 am

[quote="allwell46"]My wife came to UK in June 2009 as Tier 1 PSW dependant, then became Tier 1 General Dependant, then got tier 1 general dependant extension, recently Got FLR M in July 2014.

Can someone please guide me to right directions what I suppose to do, They have not given us right of appeal as my wife have visa its not run out. I don't think there is any administrative review please correct me. The only option I see is just to write someone who is in charge of Solihill premium service centre (PEO) chielf immigration officer I am not sure
Can someone please explain in details how can I satisfy caseworker on 287 (d)???

Plz help help

When did she switch to tier 1 general dependant?

redrosekhan
Newly Registered

Post by redrosekhan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:02 am

NasirNNN wrote:
malik15 wrote:Hi all,

I applied on 17th March and am still waiting. Is there anyone who applied around the same time and is waiting for the decision as well.

I called the HO again today but heard the same reply " still pending".

Regards
Malik
Hi Malik

I applied on 17th of March i am still waiting,i called home office and lady give same reply still pending when i ask her is case with caseworker then she said to me hold for some time and she said a packet was sent to me on friday she gave reference no ,although i didn't receive packet yet as i can't trace it yet but hopefully will receive packet tomorrow,remember in ur prayers and best luck for ur ILR hopefully u will receive in couple of days

Regards
i applied on 17th march 2014 got my approval letter on 27 july 2014and got my BRP today on 29 july 2014

allwell46
United Kingdom

Post by allwell46 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:00 am

Applied for tier 1 general dependant visa on December 2009 and was issued on January 2010. Visa started date was January 2010.

malik15 wrote:
allwell46 wrote:My wife came to UK in June 2009 as Tier 1 PSW dependant, then became Tier 1 General Dependant, then got tier 1 general dependant extension, recently Got FLR M in July 2014.

Plz help help

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:54 am

Thanks for the good wishes rehan01 and shahjee, If migrant80 gets his approval today, then ours, march_ilr should follow soon, I am praying for all of us even if the waiting depressing.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:08 am

allwell46 wrote:Applied for tier 1 general dependant visa on December 2009 and was issued on January 2010. Visa started date was January 2010.

malik15 wrote:
allwell46 wrote:My wife came to UK in June 2009 as Tier 1 PSW dependant, then became Tier 1 General Dependant, then got tier 1 general dependant extension, recently Got FLR M in July 2014.

Plz help help

Contact immigration solicitor to seek professional advice. It really seems that they have got it wrong.

Was it the caseworker or you asked to speak to someone senior?

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:28 am

rehan01 wrote:@ match _ilr .... In Shaa Allah u wil have good news soon as people who applied same time as u r getting their decisions ......... I will say stop bother award winning customer services and soon you wil get ur decision .

Regards
march_ilr wrote:
Mrs.P wrote:Congratulations to you guys on receiving your visas and thanks for your good wishes, I am still waiting, I am thinking to call HO on Friday for an update, it will be great if I hear from them before then.
Called HO today and guess what? ..same reply...really fedup with HO's award winning customer service..
thanks for your wishes. i'll take your advice. i shall not call them anymore.
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 am

shahjee1234 wrote:Guys looking at the time line, I would say any one from malik15, march_ilr and Mrs P, will be the one giving us good news soon. Guys almost there. Our best wishes and prayers all the way with you guys and all others who are waiting. Take care all.
Kind regard
Shahjee
Thanks for those kind words Shajee.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:00 am

[quote="allwell46"]Dear respected Shahjee, amber, casa, and other members

I had premium service appointment at solihill Birmingham for my wife's ILR on set (M). But unfortunately her ILR is been refused on the basis of 287 (d) of immigration rules.

I had applied for ILR on long residency basis in Feb 2014 and were granted in July 2014, I had applied for my wife's FLR M on 03 April 2014 before the new rules came into effect on 06 Apr 2014. As soon as I was granted ILR they granted FLR M visa of 2 years to my wife in July 2014.

Now they are saying that my wife has not completed a period of 2 years as a spouse of a person who is present and settled in UK so refused her ILR. I had explained them that she was granted FLR M of 2 years not two and half as she was protected under transitional arrangements of part 8 of immigration rules. So now as per immigration rules her time spent as PBS dependant and Time spent as FLR M can be combined which makes her eligible to granted ILR. But they did not listen anything and refused the visa.

Their cruality does not stop here, they even changed her 2 years FLR M to 2 and half years and kept the BRB and will send a new one in post. meaning they have put things up as per new rules of 5 years FLR (2.5 + 2.5) under appendix FM.

This is sadest day of my life, I am so sad so as my whole family, I was thinking to sueside but wont do it as its Haram, I will not do it, But I will fight for our rights.

Kind regards

allwell46,
I am really sorry to hear this bad news, I am utterly disgusted with what the incompetent staff at the PEO have done to your case. This is like taking a personal revenge of some sort. Frankly I am not very sure what can be done, except to challenge the legality of the decision in a Judicial review at the High Court. Although it is going to cost a lot but at least you will have the hope to get some positive result. Another thing that you could do is to write to them again for an administrative review, not sure if you can do that in country or not, other seniors and gurus please your feedback on the issue is urgently needed.
It is tough times my brother but please stay focused and make sure don't let them get away with it. May Allah help you in this crucial times. Take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

malik15

Post by malik15 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:17 am

Hi all,

By the grace of God I've received my ILR today. BRP arrived this morning still waiting for the docs.

I applied on 17 March and the approval is dated 28 July.

Strangely, I called home office yesterday at 4:40 and was told that the application is still pending and has not been assigned to any caseworker when the decision was made a day ago. So it goes to show that the customer service helpline is utterly useless.

I'm now waiting for wife's FLR(M) applied on 4 April.

I received a latter back in May that her application is on hold not sure if I have to now notify them of my approval or will that be done automatically.

We are still a long way away from the finishing line as not sure if we get 2 or 2.5 year FLR also submitted B1 English test and worried as one person was refused few weeks ago for not sending A1.

Thank you for all your help so far and please pray for us that the rest of our journey goes smoothly.

I'm not disappearing from the forum and will be checking posts daily and will pitch in where I think I can help.

Regards
Malik
Last edited by malik15 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:20 am

Congratulations malik15

Good news to start my day with and all the best to you n family for future

Regards

By the grace of God I've received my ILR today. BRP arrived this morning still waiting for the docs.

Strangely, I called home office yesterday at 4:40 and was told that the application is still pending and has not been assigned to any caseworker when the decision was made a day ago. So it goes to show that the customer service helpline is utterly useless.

I received a latter back in May that her application is on hold not sure if I have to now notify them of my approval or will that be done automatically.

We are still a long way away from the finishing line as not sure if we get 2 or 2.5 year FLR also submitted B1 English test and worried as one person was refused few weeks ago for not sending A1.

Thank you for all your help so far and please pray fir us that the rest of our journey goes smoothly.

I'm not disappearing from the forum and will be checking posts daily and will pitch in where I think I can help.

Regards
Malik
ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

malik15

Post by malik15 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:21 am

rehan01 wrote:Congratulations malik15

Good news to start my day with and all the best to you n family for future

Regards

Thank you for all your help so far and please pray fir us that the rest of our journey goes smoothly.

Regards
Malik
Thanks Rehan

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:32 am

Thank you for all your help so far and please pray for us that the rest of our journey goes smoothly.

Regards
Malik
congrats bro and enjoy ur freedom

best of luck for future

Regards

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:33 am

Regards
Malik
Congrats Malik Bhai!!! Best wishes for your future.
Did you get the BRP with the normal royal mail delivery or by different company's parcel/document delivery?

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:45 am

shahjee1234 wrote:
allwell46 wrote:Dear respected Shahjee, amber, casa, and other members

Kind regards

allwell46,
I am really sorry to hear this bad news, I am utterly disgusted with what the incompetent staff at the PEO have done to your case. This is like taking a personal revenge of some sort. Frankly I am not very sure what can be done, except to challenge the legality of the decision in a Judicial review at the High Court. Although it is going to cost a lot but at least you will have the hope to get some positive result. Another thing that you could do is to write to them again for an administrative review, not sure if you can do that in country or not, other seniors and gurus please your feedback on the issue is urgently needed.
It is tough times my brother but please stay focused and make sure don't let them get away with it. May Allah help you in this crucial times. Take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee
allwell46 bro sorry to hear this bad news.but i think this ignorance on part of case worker.I think you need to print the old rule shahjee or some other member might have copies of that rules and right to case worker and explain about rule if same reply then call them and write to some senior at that PEO and tell them to reconsider the case and threaten them for judicial review.

Hope fully that will work senior members plz give some advice to allwell what can done.that is so nasty of case worker.

bro try to be claim and look at all options going judicial review is last option as it time consuming and cost more.

my prayers are with you

Regards

migrant80

Post by migrant80 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:51 am

Hi all
Received a letter from caseworker asking a certificate to show English language qualification but as my set lr application is a variation I have already submitted my masters degree from uk university with my tier1 ent application and was awarded points for that already .
I am writing a letter to explain this to caseworker.
Is there anyone who faced the same situation ? PLease guide me in this matter
Kind regards

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:29 pm

Belated Eid Mubarak and Congratulations to everyone who got their ILR approved :)

I went for my FLR (M) on 28th at PEO Croydon, 11am with the Section 7A filled in actual form and Section 7B filled and taken just in case they need it. Was advised to do this by the lawyer, although he did say 7A n 7B doesnt matter in my case as 18600 requirement is fulfilled. When we submitted docs, my hubby asked the lady that v were confused 7A or 7B so please guide us. She said caseworker will call if there is any issue. Hence submitted form with 7A filled.

Got approval letter in 90mins Alhumdolillah. BRP still awaited. I did ask at Customer Service counter about settlement eligibilty. She asked passport number and said y did i apply FLR M, have i failed life in uk or ESOL. I told her i was swtiching category to ILR dependent. She said 3 years complete so we will see u again in 2 years time for settlement. In my heart i said InshaAllah (God Willing) I can apply for settlement in 2 years, really I will take mithai for that lady in 2016 :D

raihankhandaker
Newly Registered

Post by raihankhandaker » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi guys,

I got my ilr last month. Now want to apply for my wife. Within short time can't show 18600 salary. So I decide to apply on FLR FP.

So my question is that can I do it on peo interview and I am in the right route or not. Please reply. Thanks.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:40 pm

march_ilr wrote:

Regards
Malik
Congrats Malik Bhai!!! Best wishes for your future.
Did you get the BRP with the normal royal mail delivery or by different company's parcel/document delivery?
It was DX, the same guy show delivered my tier 1 card.

Funny story: I called HO again today and guess what I was told that my application is pending no decision had been made.

So I told the lady on phone that I received my BRP and was wondering if she could give me tracking no for docs. She said nothing has been sent to me I don't know what's going on. Normally you get docs first I got card and no sigh of docs.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:46 pm

Congratulations malik15.

Migrant80, if I remember correctly there was a forum member by the name of Hardikishan who was asked for degree certificate as well, he wrote a letter explaining and got his visa after a few weeks, look in the forum around January time you may find his posts.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:05 pm

Hi Malik Bahi congratulations, great news.
I should have predicted it earlier, just yesterday I felt that it is your turn (if you check my yesterday night post) and soon is going to be march_ilr and Mrs P turn INSHALLAH. Good news mate well done.
Your Mrs should get a 2 years visa, and than is a straight ILR through SET(M) INSHALLAH, as she applied before 06th April rule change, so she is still covered under the transitional arrangements. You will get her FLR(M) visa very soon, as they would have clubbed your and your Mrs case, so you don't need to tell them they know already that your application is successful, hence they will send her visa very soon. So every thing is falling nicely at its places Malik sahib.
I wish you all the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:26 pm

aurnoc wrote:Belated Eid Mubarak and Congratulations to everyone who got their ILR approved :)

I went for my FLR (M) on 28th at PEO Croydon, 11am with the Section 7A filled in actual form and Section 7B filled and taken just in case they need it. Was advised to do this by the lawyer, although he did say 7A n 7B doesnt matter in my case as 18600 requirement is fulfilled. When we submitted docs, my hubby asked the lady that v were confused 7A or 7B so please guide us. She said caseworker will call if there is any issue. Hence submitted form with 7A filled.

Got approval letter in 90mins Alhumdolillah. BRP still awaited. I did ask at Customer Service counter about settlement eligibilty. She asked passport number and said y did i apply FLR M, have i failed life in uk or ESOL. I told her i was swtiching category to ILR dependent. She said 3 years complete so we will see u again in 2 years time for settlement. In my heart i said InshaAllah (God Willing) I can apply for settlement in 2 years, really I will take mithai for that lady in 2016 :D
Hi Aurnoc,
Congratulations on the FLR(M) great news. But the most funny thing is that We had the appointment pretty much at the same time at Croydon PEO for my Mrs and kids settlement(ILR) and we got the good result and they even received their BRP today through DX, so it was a good day over all.
One thing is a bit confusing here, and that is, that we were under the impression that FLR(M) after 06th April, is under the new rules of Appendix FM, and that dependents have to start the qualifying time all over again, and any time previously spend is null and void. But listening to what the customer service informed you that you have already spend 3 years and spend 2 years more and you get settlement, means that previous time still counts ?? That is going to be great news for so many members, who were effected due to the new rules change. Only time will tell what is the going rule, until we get test cases like this. So members please share your FLR(M) and settlement experiences, so that other members are not caught out on any small little discrepancies. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

joanie

Post by joanie » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:06 pm

Hi Shahjee,
Congratulations on your and yours mrs and kids ILR. You are being so helpful in this forum that I also wanted to ask you a question. I understand through your posts that you had asked the home office to put hold of your wife's decision while your ILR decision was pending. In a section while filing flr m it asks when our partner got the ILR. I was wondering what should we write there or leave it blank? Plus did you inform the HO for your wifes FLRM after you got a decision?
Regards Joanie

joanie

Post by joanie » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:15 pm

c4551m wrote:Hi Everyone and Eid Mubarak..
Alhamdullilah , received my documents at my solicitor that ILR granted, Double Happiness Eid and Approval. Will share my whole story later. Thanks to all who supported in this forum specially Amber :)
Hi C4551m
Congratulation on your ILR. I was waiting for your whole story but I couldn't wait anymore. I wanted to ask you some questions. Hope you will help me getting the answers. how many days were you short for 10 years? Did you vary your application after actually completing 10 years or 28 days before? Also Did you vary your application aftet submitying biometrics? I am also short of 35 days for completing 10 years. Stressed out here.
Thank you. Joanie

malik15

Post by malik15 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:56 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:Hi Malik Bahi congratulations, great news.
I should have predicted it earlier, just yesterday I felt that it is your turn (if you check my yesterday night post) and soon is going to be march_ilr and Mrs P turn INSHALLAH. Good news mate well done.
Your Mrs should get a 2 years visa, and than is a straight ILR through SET(M) INSHALLAH, as she applied before 06th April rule change, so she is still covered under the transitional arrangements. You will get her FLR(M) visa very soon, as they would have clubbed your and your Mrs case, so you don't need to tell them they know already that your application is successful, hence they will send her visa very soon. So every thing is falling nicely at its places Malik sahib.
I wish you all the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thanks Shah Jee.

I've only won a battle the war is still on going