ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous medical treatment on NHS

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

happydragon
Newly Registered

Previous medical treatment on NHS

Post by happydragon » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:21 pm

Could somebody please offer me some advice on this matter.

I'm a British citizen and my Russian wife is about to apply for a spouse settlement visa.

I think we have most things in order but at present one thing concerns me.

My wife has made several previous trips to the UK on a visitor visa and on her most recent visit she went to see my local GP, where she was temporarily registered, for a minor ailment. She had a consultation but nothing more and didn't require any medication or a prescription.

We have been filling in the online application form and wonder if she needs to declare this visit in the 'medical treatment' section of the form. We certainly don't wish to hide anything and are quite happy to pay any outstanding debts to the NHS. I have contacted the GP surgery and asked if we should pay for the consultation but was told that we don't. This, however, is contrary to what I expected and to what I think I have read or heard from somewhere. Should I for example contact the local health authority on this matter?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Previous medical treatment on NHS

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:12 pm

Yes it needs to be declared as HO can and possibly will check. If she has had medical treatment, it needs to be paid for and a receipt issued and submitted with the application to prove it was paid as a private patient.

The GP surgery should charge you as she was not entitled to free NHS, they should also be very aware of this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

happydragon
Newly Registered

Re: Previous medical treatment on NHS

Post by happydragon » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:31 am

Thanks for the prompt reply. I asked the GP surgery again today and the receptionist seemed to think she shouldn't pay. I'll try to speak to the manager on Monday and force my money on them.