ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Type C visa for German RC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ewald
Newly Registered
South Africa

Type C visa for German RC

Post by Ewald » Wed May 04, 2016 8:28 am

Hi

I am in Germany now with my British wife. I am South African and applied for a visa in South Africa as a family member of an EU citizen and got issued with a short stay type C visa by the German embassy.

We have registered our address and we called the Aliensauthority in Munich today regarding an appointment. They said we should go on Friday to see them and schedule an appointment for the Residence card.

The gentleman on the phone seemed rather confused about my visa type and it made me worry if I am not supposed to have a type D visa?

Will my type C visa be sufficient for the RC application? I have read numerous times that this is OK but I need to make sure.

Thank you

Member of Standing

Re: Type C visa for German RC

Post by member » Wed May 04, 2016 8:45 am

Ewald wrote:Hi

I am in Germany now with my British wife. I am South African and applied for a visa in South Africa as a family member of an EU citizen and got issued with a short stay type C visa by the German embassy.

We have registered our address and we called the Aliensauthority in Munich today regarding an appointment. They said we should go on Friday to see them and schedule an appointment for the Residence card.

The gentleman on the phone seemed rather confused about my visa type and it made me worry if I am not supposed to have a type D visa?

Will my type C visa be sufficient for the RC application? I have read numerous times that this is OK but I need to make sure.

Thank you
How many days are you given by the visa as indicated by "Duration of stay"?

Ewald
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Ewald » Wed May 04, 2016 9:22 am

The embassy gave me 5 weeks. As that was when my return ticket is for. They don't issue 90 day visas for Germany anymore and they only issue a visa for what your flights say. I know I didn't have to show them flights as I am an EU spouse but because I had them I submitted the information to avoid and mishaps. I have 4 weeks left on my visa

Ewald
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Ewald » Wed May 04, 2016 9:24 am

member wrote:

Thank you
The embassy gave me 5 weeks. As that was when my return ticket is for. They don't issue 90 day visas for Germany anymore and they only issue a visa for what your flights say. I know I didn't have to show them flights as I am an EU spouse but because I had them I submitted the information to avoid and mishaps. I have 4 weeks left on my visa

Member of Standing

Post by member » Wed May 04, 2016 9:32 am

Ewald wrote:
member wrote:

Thank you
Where did you get married?
Did you present your marriage certificate when making the visa?

Ewald
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Ewald » Wed May 04, 2016 11:03 am

Where did you get married?
Did you present your marriage certificate when making the visa?[/quote]

Got married in South Africa. We used an unabridged marriage certificate from the High court for the visa. The normal certificate that gets issued on the wedding day is not sufficient.

candy2012
Newly Registered

Post by candy2012 » Wed May 04, 2016 12:07 pm

hi,
Normally you dont need appointment.My wife got 7 days german visa.I went to foreign registration office and asked them to extend visa without appointment in EU window. and lady at desk asked marriage certi and my Self employment details. I told her that I am thinking to start my business and she gave one paper stating family member of eu citizen covered six month visa and told me to submit my job details in six month.
I hope its help

Ewald
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Ewald » Wed May 04, 2016 1:25 pm

candy2012 wrote:hi,
Normally you dont need appointment.My wife got 7 days german visa.I went to foreign registration office and asked them to extend visa without appointment in EU window. and lady at desk asked marriage certi and my Self employment details. I told her that I am thinking to start my business and she gave one paper stating family member of eu citizen covered six month visa and told me to submit my job details in six month.
I hope its help
Thank you yes that does help a lot. We were told to go there on Friday so I am sure it will be sorted then. We have all our paperwork in order.

mak35

Post by mak35 » Sun May 15, 2016 9:52 am

Ewald wrote:
candy2012 wrote:hi,
I hope its help
Thank you yes that does help a lot. We were told to go there on Friday so I am sure it will be sorted then. We have all our paperwork in order.
Hi Ewald,

What was the outcome of your appointment at the aliens office? Did you successfully applied for the residence card and did they tell you how long will it take for them to issue you with RC?

Ewald
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Ewald » Tue May 17, 2016 8:54 am

Hi.

My application is only going in next week. The people were really helpful and friendly though. They said it should take a month if all the paperwork is in order. It helped a lot that we had my sister in-law with us who speaks German. It really isn't as complicated as some people make it out to be .

mak35

Post by mak35 » Sun May 22, 2016 12:03 pm

Ewald wrote:Hi.

My application is only going in next week. The people were really helpful and friendly though. They said it should take a month if all the paperwork is in order. It helped a lot that we had my sister in-law with us who speaks German. It really isn't as complicated as some people make it out to be .
Hi Ewald,

Please can you share with us how was your experience at the Aliens office in Munich? Which documents were required of you to submit an application for your Residence Card?

Ewald
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Ewald » Mon May 30, 2016 10:31 pm

mak35 wrote:
Ewald wrote:Hi.

Hi Ewald,

Please can you share with us how was your experience at the Aliens office in Munich? Which documents were required of you to submit an application for your Residence Card?

Hi

The office was really helpful and efficient. I had to submit oour passports. Work contract for my wife. Marraige certificate. 1 x biometric photo. Registered address in munich. It was all fine for me as I have been preparing for it for some time. I did see people getting turned away as they did not have the correct documents

heetdpatel

Post by heetdpatel » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:08 pm

Hi

Do you have any update mate, please share your experience.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:05 pm

heetdpatel wrote:Hi

Do you have any update mate, please share your experience.
Member in question is evidently busy sorting out paperwork & etc; he has not visited our community for 2.5 months or so.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.