ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding naturalisation application form (Form 8)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Regarding naturalisation application form (Form 8)

Post by zepman » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:38 pm

Hi all,

I will be making a standard naturalisation application (based on having 5 years residence) next month.
I have some (seemingly silly) questions regarding Form 8 (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%208 ... n%2015.pdf)

1) As per the instructions, if a question is not applicable to me, I should write "N/A" in the box provided. However, what should one do if the answer is expected in the form of a tick on the given check boxes (e.g., Q13.5 on the form)?

2) The form has 16 pages and they are numbered. However, some of these are instruction pages, and two of the three declaration pages do not apply in my case. So, should the completed form that I send on to the INIS contain all 16 pages? If yes, then is it expected that some declaration pages might be uncompleted because they're not applicable?

J_Karim
BANNED

Re: Regarding naturalisation application form (Form 8)

Post by J_Karim » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:47 am

All question must be answered but if a question is not applicable to you just write n/a besides it or in the box.
But appropriate all question you should be answered by you if its applicable.By the way if your application based on 5 years residency its not applicable for you.

I can answer it well if I know, based on what is your is your residency stands for ? (like if you are married to eu citizen or married to an irish citizen or others).

And there 3 pages of STATUTORY DECLARATION you should fill out only page 13(if your application based on 5 years residency) infront of a solicitor and rest of the two pages which is 14 and 15 leave empty..or on both pages you can give cross or on the top put n/a for peace of mind.
hope it helps

J_Karim
BANNED

Re: Regarding naturalisation application form (Form 8)

Post by J_Karim » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:20 am

by the way you need to send page 6 to 16. because 1 to 5 is guideline for the applicant not for them