ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stopping payment on NCS + JCAP application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

n8net
- thin ice -

NCS really necessary

Post by n8net » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi,

thinking of applying for BC and wonder what are the advantages of doing it through NCS ?

what everyone think about this ?

n8net
- thin ice -

Re: NCS really necessary

Post by n8net » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:31 pm

they charge £ 55, and the immigration history is straitforward. will going thu NCS make the process quicker ?

thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:32 pm

n8net wrote:they charge £ 55, and the immigration history is straitforward. will going thu NCS make the process quicker ?

thanks
No, but you will be able to retain your official documents including your passport while the application is being processed.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:39 pm

n8net wrote:Hi,

thinking of applying for BC and wonder what are the advantages of doing it through NCS ?

Remember all that unplanned emergency travel you have coming up - its really handy to be able to hold on to your travel documents, just in case.

And they are almost certain to pick up one or two little gotchas with your application as the devil is in the detail.

Date of interview is date of application.

No other photocopying charges due; (plus time saved).
No secure posting costs.

You get a sneak preview of where Oath-taking ceremony could be held.

Sometimes its good to talk; officials are OISC-qualified/registered (to some degree).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:09 pm

You can also apply for naturalisation and passport using the JCAP scheme through NCS, which is not possible if you apply yourself.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:25 pm

n8net wrote:they charge £ 55, and the immigration history is straitforward. will going thu NCS make the process quicker ?

thanks
Considered postal application myself, but NCS saved me from an expensive mistake, though my history was straight forward. Had two appointments at £60 each, cheaper than loosing the application fee. And you keep your valuable originals!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:03 am

thanks a lot guys for the answers. it is just that I hv not gone to anyone for my immigration applications so far. But I am inclined to go through an agent this time based on your answers.

1) ability to apply for passport as well
2) savings on postal - so they send all the docs and application ?
3) will they also fill the application, or I hv to fill and they will check ?
4) i live yards away from a NCS center

keeping a travel docs in not important to me as my home country passport is already expired...

my only question is around referees, I looked at the guidance, and looks like i need a professionally certified person who known me for 3 ys..can't think of one... given the NCS center is a council, can they help me with this ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:14 am

2) savings on postal - so they send all the docs and application ?
Yes
3) will they also fill the application, or I hv to fill and they will check ?
No, you have to complete the forms yourself.

How long ago did your passport expire?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:17 am

3) You fill the form!

Pharmacist?
Dentist?
Pub landlord?
Corner Off-license manager?
Bank official?

You can't have lived under a rock these past years, and, as its a well known requirement, it would have been prudent to cultivate such relationships early.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:49 am

hi,

my passport expired in April 2016 . is this likely to be a problem ?
but I got my ILR in Apr 2015 and as I understand this I could have applied in Apr 2016. is this a problem.

regarding referees.. I have not been to GP in the last 5 yrs, but registered with one yr ago just in case and know no one in professional capacity who hv known me for yrs...but I knoe several who have British passports who have known me, but not professional.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:04 pm

You will need to provide documentary evidence that you were resident in the UK since your passport expired.

Anyone at work that can sign as professional that has known you for 3 years minimum? Religious minister, etc. It can be a friend who is a professional.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:03 pm

just found out the next NCS appointment is month away.. and I need to apply quickly for my travel plans...not sure what do...

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Try next door council.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:49 pm

Hi,

I am tried all nearby centers, the earliest I have is three weeks away..

I am inclined to do it myself to get the passport quicker.. going via NCS will really be quicker to offset the three week delay ? this is the burning question I hv now.. any advice ?

also, is it tru that I can only apply for British Passport when I hv got the results of the naturalisation application ? If I do it myself this week, when can I expect to have my British passport ? (I looked at timeline thread and could not glean this info)

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:52 pm

I am tried all nearby centers, the earliest I have is three weeks away..

I am inclined to do it myself to get the passport quicker.. going via NCS will really be quicker to offset the three week delay ? this is the burning question I hv now.. any advice ? You cannot make a joint citizenship and passport application if you apply yourself by post. You have to do two separate applications, with the passport application only possible after your citizenship ceremony.

also, is it tru that I can only apply for British Passport when I hv got the results of the naturalisation application ? If I do it myself this week, when can I expect to have my British passport ? (I looked at timeline thread and could not glean this info) If you apply by yourself, you can only apply for the passport AFTER your ceremony. Citizenship applications can take a couple of months or many months, some members have been waiting for over a year.

thanks
There is no 'quick' route to apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:07 pm

Also, if you don't use the JCAP service through the NCS you will have to attend an interview before the passport is issued. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:18 pm

Just a question, do you even have ILR yet as based on your posts in Tier 1 Ent, you are still gong to apply :?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1446946

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1446964
Char (CR001 not Casa)

VinGam
Italy

Post by VinGam » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:40 pm

I have used NCS for different reasons:

I kept all your documents.
They gave me the exact date you gained PR status (EEA) (I had the SAR who proved so they photocopied that page)
I applied for passport at the same time
They checked the application had no mistakes
They helped you filling SOME field of the form (not the entire form, and for the missing fields I had the required information. For example I had 3 tax reference code and I did not know if I had to put all of them or just the last one)
They checked my passport form and pictures.

I mean, after I have spent:
- £150 first lawyer assessment (in Jan 2016 saved me from making BC application without DCPR)
- £65 DCPR
- £10 SAR
- £150 B1 English Language test
- £50 LIUK
- All the time spent to gather required information and documents
I decided to spend £67 (BC+Passport) to ensure I will not loose £1250 for a silly mistake on the AN form.
EEA DCPR timeline
Documents sent: 24.02.16; DCPR received:14.05.16; Total: 80 days
Naturalisation timeline
Document sent: 16.12.16; Biometric: 11.01.2017; Approval 21.02.2017; Ceremony 06.03.2017; Passport Received 13.03.2017; Total: 87 days

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:50 pm

VinGam wrote:I have used NCS for different reasons:

I kept all your documents.
They gave me the exact date you gained PR status (EEA) (I had the SAR who proved so they photocopied that page)
I applied for passport at the same time
They checked the application had no mistakes
They helped you filling SOME field of the form (not the entire form, and for the missing fields I had the required information. For example I had 3 tax reference code and I did not know if I had to put all of them or just the last one)
They checked my passport form and pictures.

I mean, after I have spent:
- £150 first lawyer assessment (in Jan 2016 saved me from making BC application without DCPR)
- £65 DCPR
- £10 SAR
- £150 B1 English Language test
- £50 LIUK
- All the time spent to gather required information and documents
I decided to spend £67 (BC+Passport) to ensure I will not loose £1250 for a silly mistake on the AN form.
Wise words, very good advice for fellow members regardless of UK or EU route. The benefits of using NCS are a biggie for most of us :)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:05 pm

thanks guys, it seems NCS is definitely value for money for £ 60 (JCAP)

but my question is is it worth waiting 3 weeks for it given the urgency. From the timelines of applications is there a trend as to how much quicker NCS is compared to non-NCS self applications ?

also @vingum what DCPR and SAR ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:16 pm

n8net wrote:thanks guys, it seems NCS is definitely value for money for £ 60 (JCAP)

but my question is is it worth waiting 3 weeks for it given the urgency. What is the urgency? An application can take a long time as already advised.

From the timelines of applications is there a trend as to how much quicker NCS is compared to non-NCS self applications ? There is no difference between NCS and postal. NCS are ONLY a 3rd party agent.

also @vingum what DCPR and SAR ? DCPR - document certifying permanent residence (EEA/EU route applicants); SAR = subject access request
Can you confirm as I have asked whether you actually have ILR already or not given your posts in the Tier 1 Ent sub forum?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:16 pm

n8net wrote:thanks guys, it seems NCS is definitely value for money for £ 60 (JCAP)

but my question is is it worth waiting 3 weeks for it given the urgency. From the timelines of applications is there a trend as to how much quicker NCS is compared to non-NCS self applications ?

also @vingum what DCPR and SAR ?
NCS is not a fast track option.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi Cr001,

sorry for the late reply. the urgency is because I need to travel to Swiss in April...and like to have British Passort as I do not then need schenghen visa (also my HO passport expired, so I need a passport)

of course I have ILR..the posts in Tier 1 is on behalf of a close friend...

from the time lines, what is the avg. time lapse since the date of application to the arrival of British passport ? ( I cannot find this myself as hardly any updates where passport had been received by the applicants)

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:28 pm

And this topic in ILR forum too?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1446964

If you are asking for advice on behalf of a friend, you should state this in your opening post. Given the complexities of Tier 1 E, best your 'friend' post themselves.

Hope you are not 'charging' your 'friends' for the advice :?:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

n8net
- thin ice -

Incompetent NCS and English Language

Post by n8net » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:32 pm

I had by NCS appointment for JCAP application and the guy hardly checked my application and just skimmed through without paying attention to any of the stuff written. I think he was fully booked for the day and seemed to in a hurry.

To make things worse, he asked me for my degree certificate to prove if I meet English language req. To which I said, I do not need to send as I had settlement after 2013. (I have UK taught Masters degree)

he then called HO, and they even did not have any record of my English req. although I have got ILR bu NOT sending it (as I hv sent with my Tier 1 application previously..) I am not even sure where the original certificate and whether HO actually sent it back to me..the NCS guys said I may be asked to sit the for an English exam...and my application might be delayed..the last thing I want to happen.

I am not sure what to make of this ? How can HO do not have any record of something I had claimed points for two previous applications ?

and do I need to send this for the Citzenship application ? any idea ?

I did sent the application without it anyway (just included the info in the form that I do not need it). - only not to waste the appointment and I cannot afford any delay as I need Briitsh Passport quickly.

going by https://www.gov.uk/english-language/exemptions, looks liek U need it even if u have satisfied for settlement, but the booklet contradicts this ..

any advice and what can I do to make sure this does not delay my application...( I may he the original certificate somewhere, but I have moved houses and its been 8 years since I had it and never needed it, but if that will avoid delaying application I am happy to find it)

any advice from previous exp. anyone ?

thanks