ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 200k Visa Outside UK

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Tier1 200k Visa Outside UK

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:18 am

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum. I would like to know if anyone have recently applied for tier1 200k visa from outside uk. What is the avg processing time? Success rate?

Also if there is any new rule in place except from the one which is that 200k must be kept in bank acc for 90 days.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier1 200k Visa Outside UK

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:53 am

No one can tell you how long an application can take. That depends of many many factors including the local embassy and complexity of your case. Tier 1E route has been abused extensively and therefore UKVI will check your business plan meticulously.

Start by reading the official guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:01 pm

Thx for ur reply. Actually i cannot see any post with regards to fresh tier 1e case on 200k basis.

I have previous uk stay history without any overstay and i have lived there for 8 years including last 4.8 yrs on Tier 1 General.

I have very serious intentions of investing 300k of funds but i am confused about if they are refusing almost every case now days or not. I am from Pakistan.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:19 pm

If you are so close to 5 years residence on Tier 1 General, why not apply for ILR?

When does your Tier 1 G expire?
if they are refusing almost every case now days or not
No they are not refusing 'almost every case now days'. It is very much dependent on your business, funding, and meeting the points and requirements etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:51 pm

Irfanlibra2017 wrote:Thx for ur reply. Actually i cannot see any post with regards to fresh tier 1e case on 200k basis.

I have previous uk stay history without any overstay and i have lived there for 8 years including last 4.8 yrs on Tier 1 General.

I have very serious intentions of investing 300k of funds but i am confused about if they are refusing almost every case now days or not. I am from Pakistan.
The evaluation of the evidence of your intentions and business will remain at the discretion HO. Tier 1E unlike Tier 1 general is not about ticking boxes.
It all depends on individual circumstances of each applicant, complexity of their plans and their evidence.
They are not refusing all applicants but they will interview every single one of them and check their business plans and their claims very thoroughly.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

KAKA-MAG

Post by KAKA-MAG » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:32 pm

Irfanlibra2017 wrote:Thx for ur reply. Actually i cannot see any post with regards to fresh tier 1e case on 200k basis.

Hi,
You been in the UK for long term, this can go in both positive and negative way.

Positive would be you been in this county , you have good experience in regard market/ Practical , and cultural knowledge .

Negative would be , When you were here why did you not start your business as you have planned now.

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:47 am

I had lived in london, uk from 2005 to 2012. I had to come back to my country 3 months before my ILR application and I was unable to travel back on time and my visa expired. Its a shame anyway. During my stay I was there on Student Visa>>HSMP>>Tier 1 General. I never claimed any funds, Never over stayed any visa.

I have worked for a software house for 2 years, After that I was self employed for almost about three years and have done succesful Ebay business in London.

Now I am in Pakistan and I have 3 Pharmacy stores succesfully running with GBP190,000 Annual turnover. Now I want to go back to UK via Tier 1E and I am 100% into setting up a new business from Day 1.

Due to complexity of my case, I am left with less hope about if I should apply or not. If the refusal rates are high as this route is highly abused in last few months.

KAKA-MAG

Post by KAKA-MAG » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:35 pm

Irfanlibra2017 wrote:I had lived in london, uk from 2005 to 2012. I had to come back to my country 3 months before my ILR application and I was unable to travel back on time and my visa expired. Its a shame anyway. During my stay I was there on Student Visa>>HSMP>>Tier 1 General. I never claimed any funds, Never over stayed any visa.

I have worked for a software house for 2 years, After that I was self employed for almost about three years and have done succesful Ebay business in London.

Now I am in Pakistan and I have 3 Pharmacy stores succesfully running with GBP190,000 Annual turnover. Now I want to go back to UK via Tier 1E and I am 100% into setting up a new business from Day 1.

Due to complexity of my case, I am left with less hope about if I should apply or not. If the refusal rates are high as this route is highly abused in last few months.
HSMP Tier 1 visa have been abused as you might aware of it , but if you paid taxes properly as you supposed to be. There were not any tax returns revised, Then you have strong chance to get Ent visa.

Why did you go back to your country before 3 month of your ILR ?

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:24 pm

reason for my travel back to pakistan was due to a serious familh issue which turned out to be more worst then expected and due to some courts/cases i was unable to leave on time.

Yes i did paid all the taxes during my stay and two times Inland revenue returned me about 1200 pounds or so which were overpaid.

Life here is all messed up when it comes to security, social life & quality of all other basic needs of life.

The reason why i did not applied t1e earlier is that i did not had earned 200k at that time. Now I have got all the funds but going through different forums, it seems like this stream is already abused a lot which leaves no hope for success. I agree hsmp was also abused by many which lead to its termination by the Home Office.

KAKA-MAG

Post by KAKA-MAG » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:48 pm

Irfanlibra2017 wrote:reason for my travel back to pakistan was due to a serious familh issue which turned out to be more worst then expected and due to some courts/cases i was unable to leave on time.

Yes i did paid all the taxes during my stay and two times Inland revenue returned me about 1200 pounds or so which were overpaid.

Life here is all messed up when it comes to security, social life & quality of all other basic needs of life.

The reason why i did not applied t1e earlier is that i did not had earned 200k at that time. Now I have got all the funds but going through different forums, it seems like this stream is already abused a lot which leaves no hope for success. I agree hsmp was also abused by many which lead to its termination by the Home Office.
If you have solid business plan with proper market research, And Funds are available and will be transferable in UK, i think you have strong case.

Do not worry about refusal which other people got , CW decided the each case its own merits.

Good Luck.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:53 pm

KAKA-MAG wrote:

Hi,
You been in the UK for long term, this can go in both positive and negative way.

Positive would be you been in this county , you have good experience in regard market/ Practical , and cultural knowledge .

Negative would be , When you were here why did you not start your business as you have planned now.
I don't see that as a negative (actually the other way around you are in country, have no visa options till ILR(LR) and 'suddenly become an entrepreneur') here is s/he is serious and has entrepreneurial experience from home country

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:27 pm

I have got an oppurtunity to invest 200k in a profitable and succesful uk business that is expanding.

So if I invest first and then apply for tier1e.
Would it be ok or any precautions i should take?

Cheers

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:39 pm

Irfanlibra2017 wrote:I have got an oppurtunity to invest 200k in a profitable and succesful uk business that is expanding.

Cheers
You seem to just want to come to the UK and do not want to even read the official guide. If you are not prepared to read the guide which is written to answer most of your questions, what makes you think you can succeed in getting the visa ??

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:10 pm

Irfanlibra2017 wrote:I have got an oppurtunity to invest 200k in a profitable and succesful uk business that is expanding.

Cheers
T1E is not an investors visa (I am aware there is an industry peddling t1e as an investor lite visa...). What entrepreneurial value will you be adding to this business? Why will it grow much faster because you join it? DO you have experience in the field?

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:27 pm

I currently own 3 succesfully running business in my country. The company i am going to join and invest amount in, is expanding its business because of the rapid increase of its clients for which they have all the contracts.

I am not exactly from the same technical field of that business but I will be in the board of directors to manage and work with the company on the upper level. New plant installations will create at least 10+ jobs in uk for uk nationals/residents.

May be i am wrong, but i have seen people here on this forum that one cannot buy a running business but S/He can start new business or invest in a previously running business (Provided that the business expands after the investment like new staff hirings, profits increase, etc... )

Camel555

Post by Camel555 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:34 pm

If you care to just read the Guide, you will find the answer to your question, Zimba has been stressing time and again, but you just refuse to read....I know the answer to your question, but in your own interest, I wont reply here till you read the guide....why is it so difficult for you to read it

if you want to qualify for this visa, you will have to read it again and again and again....

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:37 pm

You must read the official Tier 1E guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur
I repeated this 3 times now. :?

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:00 am

Policy guidance link is good. thanks I have gone through it now. If I have a question which is not answered in the policy guidance or which is still confusing to me. So for that I basically go to forums to get the answers. Can I not ask questions in this forum?

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:18 am

In the case, where money is already invested into a UK business. Lets say 200K is already invested in the UK business. How will be the 90 days rule applied as in the normal case, we need to keep the funds in our account for the minimum period of 90 days.

Money is generated from my business / real estate assets selling, transfered from my account to UK business bank account.

I coudn't find this in Policy guidance, that is why i am asking this here. Sorry if Its still against the forum rules.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:33 am

You need to understand the rules first before making a decision. Not to do as you like and then demand explanations. :!:
This is VERY clear in the guide. The 90 days rule has nothing to do with money already INVESTED in a UK business. If money is already invested in the business:

1- It should be done within 12 months before the date of your visa application (fresh investment rule)
2- You must be the director of such company
3- You must prove the INVESTMENT. You need to provide company accounts, Director's loan, loan agreement, ect depending on the type of investment you did (share or loan)

READ THE GUIDE AGAIN :!:

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:43 am

Dear Zimba,

Thank you so much for your kind reply and help.
By the way what type of investment is accepted by the Home Office for Tier1 Entrepreneur Visa on the basis of Investment into UK business. Share or Loan? Currently I am under process of investing 200k into a UK based business under Shares purchase agreement. So its better to know if its acceptable & if not, what type of investment term is accepted by home office.

Seems like I need a solicitor to handle all this.

Waiting for your kind response.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri May 05, 2017 1:07 pm

I repeated SEVERAL times and asked you to read the official guide where all the information is provided. I cannot help if you are not even bothered to help yourself :?

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Sat May 06, 2017 12:02 am

Irfanlibra2017 wrote:Hi guys,

I am new to this forum. I would like to know if anyone have recently applied for tier1 200k visa from outside uk. What is the avg processing time? Success rate?

Also if there is any new rule in place except from the one which is that 200k must be kept in bank acc for 90 days.

Thanks
here is my timeline:

applied from - Karachi, Pakistan.
application submitted - 24/05/2016
application refusal - 22/07/2016
AR submitted - 13/08/2016
AR refusal - 31/08/2016
PAP submitted - 28/09/2016
PAP refusal - 12/10/2016
JR submitted - 21/10/2016
JR withdrawal request - 01/12/2016
decision overturned email - 08/02/2017

as Zimba suggested, each case is different and your experience might vary.

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:23 am

snt wrote:
Irfanlibra2017 wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks
here is my timeline:

applied from - Karachi, Pakistan.
application submitted - 24/05/2016
application refusal - 22/07/2016
AR submitted - 13/08/2016
AR refusal - 31/08/2016
PAP submitted - 28/09/2016
PAP refusal - 12/10/2016
JR submitted - 21/10/2016
JR withdrawal request - 01/12/2016
decision overturned email - 08/02/2017

as Zimba suggested, each case is different and your experience might vary.
Zimba88:
I have read the policy guidance notes, obviously it do not make any sense to apply without reading the guidance notes but if there is a confusion and I need expert advice, then is it not the right place to ask?

snt:
Thanks for your timeline sharing. Decision overturned email? did you got the visa finally? what was the refusal reason in your case, if you don't mind sharing.

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Sat May 06, 2017 9:16 pm

Irfanlibra2017 wrote: snt:
Thanks for your timeline sharing. Decision overturned email? did you got the visa finally? what was the refusal reason in your case, if you don't mind sharing.
yes, I got my visa stamped mid March.

the reason was genuineness. they pointed our referring to some answers I gave in the interview which case workers interpreted wrongly. had to fight it out.