ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Third party investor letter for Graduate entrepreneur

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dkala
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Third party investor letter for Graduate entrepreneur

Post by Dkala » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:32 pm

Dear All,

I am a graduate entrepreneur who is trying to switch to the Entrepreneur visa category.
But I planned to use Third party funding which is held in my investors saving account.
We tried many time to acquire a letter from the bank stating that the funding is available for me when I need it for the business.
But UK banks are refusing to sign it.

Is there anything that I can do.

I am genuinely running the business in the UK for past two years and I have genuinely approached these people for the business.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Re:Third party investor letter for Graduate entreprenur

Post by marcnath » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:53 pm

Dkala wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:32 pm
Dear All,

I am a graduate entrepreneur who is trying to switch to the Entrepreneur visa category.
But I planned to use Third party funding which is held in my investors saving account.
We tried many time to acquire a letter from the bank stating that the funding is available for me when I need it for the business.
But UK banks are refusing to sign it.

Is there anything that I can do.

I am genuinely running the business in the UK for past two years and I have genuinely approached these people for the business.
You mention "investors". Investor money is not third party funding.
Third party funding is when the third party is going to give you the money.
So can you clarify which it is ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Dkhala
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Re: Third party investor letter for Graduate entrepreneur

Post by Dkhala » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:01 am

Dear marchanth,

First of all I am the person who posted above question. But for some reason I can not logging to my account.
That is why I open a new account.
It is third party funding where third party provide me with declaration and legal declaration.

But the banks are refusing to issue a letter.

Thanks.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:13 am

Dkhala wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:01 am
Dear marchanth,

First of all I am the person who posted above question. But for some reason I can not logging to my account.
That is why I open a new account.
It is third party funding where third party provide me with declaration and legal declaration.

But the banks are refusing to issue a letter.

Thanks.
Your option is to have the money transferred to your own account, in which case just the declaration from the third party (together with a legal declaration) is sufficient.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Dkhala
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Dkhala » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:41 am

Hi ,
I don't think that is possible as they are investing money in staged delivery.
That mean depending on my achievements they transfer the money in smaller chunks.
Is there any other way to justify this?

Thanks.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:29 pm

Dkhala wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:41 am
Hi ,
That mean depending on my achievements they transfer the money in smaller chunks.

Thanks.
Unfortunately, that approach will not satisfy UKVI. The expectation is that the money is unconditionally available to you, so if they add that kind of a condition in their own letter, it would definitely not be acceptable.
Your other option is to try and see if you can use the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur route. You don't need to show the investment now, you have two years during which you can start your business, get the investment and then convert to Tier 1 Entrepreneur when you have everything in place.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:41 pm

marcnath wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:29 pm
Dkhala wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:41 am
Hi ,

Thanks.
Unfortunately, that approach will not satisfy UKVI. The expectation is that the money is unconditionally available to you, so if they add that kind of a condition in their own letter, it would definitely not be acceptable.
Your other option is to try and see if you can use the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur route. You don't need to show the investment now, you have two years during which you can start your business, get the investment and then convert to Tier 1 Entrepreneur when you have everything in place.
The OP is already on the T1E Graduate visa and looking to apply for T1E normal route.
Dkala wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:32 pm
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:47 pm

Oops! - Missed that. Thanks @CR001

So that does not leave any other options.