ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question 6.5 - entered without a stamp

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anne_k
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Question 6.5 - entered without a stamp

Post by anne_k » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:08 pm

Hello

This is regarding: Question 6.5 Did you last enter the UK using a valid passport or travel
document?

I last entered the UK from Ireland. I landed at Stansted Airport in London. For some reason, there was no passport control, even though I flew from a country outside the UK. So I did not need to show my passport and did not receive a stamp. Does that mean I should answer no to this question? I was carrying a valid passport.

Thanks
Anne

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question 6.5 - entered without a stamp

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:24 pm

Useful to state on what basis you are applying for ILR and what your current visa status is etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: Question 6.5 - entered without a stamp

Post by seasky » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:29 pm

There is no Passport control between Ireland and UK it is CTA (Common Travel Area)

Today for many nationalities there is the option of "registered traveller" where you don't get stamped every time you enter. What I did was just mention it all in covering letter