ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer not assigning Cos, can't do visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aami
Newly Registered
India

Employer not assigning Cos, can't do visa

Post by aami » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:31 am

My employer is yet to assign me the COS which got approved in july 11 allocation. I cant proceed with the visa application yet.Not sure why there is a delay.I have resigned my job and will be completing notice period in few weeks.Any idea why the employer would not assign it after approval?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Employer not assigning Cos, can't do visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:35 am

How would anyone on an internet forum know why your proposed employer has not assigned the Cos to you.

Have you asked them??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aami
Newly Registered
India

Post by aami » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:46 am

Just checking if they can assign it to a different person, Is the COS approved by HO for a particular person or can it be assigned to a different one after approval.

Tier2COS45PSOL
Newly Registered
India

Post by Tier2COS45PSOL » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:43 am

possible that this situation can happen.
If its a large company and the visa process is handled/ outsourced to a consultancy/ third party, it is possible that they are handling many RCOS at same time.

If your HR has mentioned that your RCOS has been approved, it should be. sit tight and you should hear from them soon. try reminding them after a week or 10 days. if you have spare time spend with your friends and family!

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:21 am

aami wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:46 am
Just checking if they can assign it to a different person, Is the COS approved by HO for a particular person or can it be assigned to a different one after approval.
A CoS is for a specific person as it contains your personal data!

aami
Newly Registered
India

Post by aami » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:31 am

UKLL wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:21 am
aami wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:46 am
A CoS is for a specific person as it contains your personal data!
Thanks for the confirmation.Will wait for the cos now.Hope it comes through by next week.