ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 - guide - proof of settlement EEA national

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SaskiaT
Newly Registered
Mood:
Slovakia

MN1 - guide - proof of settlement EEA national

Post by SaskiaT » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:48 pm

Hi everyone,
reading MN1 guide and I would check if my understanding about proof of settlement in UK is right.

It is according this section
"The child of an EEA national who did not become a British citizen at birth may
now have an entitlement to be registered as a British citizen under section 1(3), if
the parent has since become “settled” here. The parent will have become
“settled” if:
 he or she has been granted indefinite leave in the United Kingdom, or
he or she has been exercising EEA free movement rights in the United
Kingdom for a continuous period of 5 years ending on or after 30 April 2006."

My husband start working in UK 27.8.2013 as EEA national (Czech republic) and working from that day till now (the same employer). Baby girl has been born in May 2018.

So for him 27.8.2018 it is five years here, but he did not applied for any PR document etc.

As we want to register our baby-girl with MN1 under section 1(3), my question is if we can use as proof of "exercising EEA free movement rights in the United Kingdom for a continuous period of 5 years" my husband's P60s (or letter from HR about his employment dates...) or he has to apply for PR first?

Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: MN1 - guide - proof of settlement EEA national

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:25 pm

As I understand it you provide the documents proving exercise of treaty rights (P60, etc). The PR card is confirmation of PR so not needed for this purpose - unless you wish to obtain citizenship yourself.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

SaskiaT
Newly Registered
Mood:
Slovakia

Re: MN1 - guide - proof of settlement EEA national

Post by SaskiaT » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:03 pm

Thank you alterhase58.
No, currently we want to get British passport for little one only.