ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Naturalisation Alternative evidence of residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EEAPRNAT
Newly Registered
Germany

EEA Naturalisation Alternative evidence of residence

Post by EEAPRNAT » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:29 pm

Hello

Holding PR(EEA) for over 12 months. Applied to Citizenship.
Now I was asked to provide "Alternative evidence of residence to cover the period from XXX to XXX".
That starts with the date they have received my (successful) PR application (I think).

The Annex lists alternative evidence examples for 1) employed/unemployed 2) self-employed 3) Student 4) Self-sufficient 5) retired.
I am self-sufficient. They want: "Statement(s) of funds, assets and any other sources of income held AND policy confirming sickness insurance against all risks in respect of yourself and any accompanying family members in the UK."

My problem: I cancelled my CSI after having received the PR. I thought I only needed the CSI as proof of exercising treaty rights.
I've read here that I would not need CSI after obtaining PR. How can I state this in my response to the HO?

Thank you very much.

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: EEA Naturalisation Alternative evidence of residence

Post by NikiGio » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:15 am

Your understanding is correct - after you've gained PR, there is no longer a need to exercise treaty rights and there is no need to show sufficient funds or CSI.

You only need to show that you continued to reside in the UK after gaining PR - so just outline this to the HO in a covering letter and focus on providing more evidence of residency for the period in question.

Send as much as you can: rental agreements, bank statements showing transactions in the UK, maybe a printout of GP medical appointments/dentist, letters from government/educational establishments, etc. Failing these - anything that has your name, address and date on.

A sample of documents - at least one per year - should be submitted.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

EEAPRNAT
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by EEAPRNAT » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:18 am

Thank you!

I just want to give an update and confirm that what was said in the response is correct, ie my application was successful.
I provided the letter by the insurer stating the end date of my policy and in the cover letter I referred to Directive 2004/38/EC of the European Parliament and of The Council of 29 April 2004, Chapter IV, Section I, Article 16 for not needing CSI after receiving PR.
Furthermore, I submitted a lot of bank statements (which are actually not trivial to get quickly these days), council letters and various other letters.

The positive response arrived within a week.

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Post by NikiGio » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:56 am

Excellent, congratulations! 👍
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.