ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Registration as a British Citizen for child under 18

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RadkaJ
Newly Registered
Slovakia

Applying for Registration as a British Citizen for child under 18

Post by RadkaJ » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:40 pm

I have a question regarding the application for registration as a British Citizen for child under 18.

My husband would like to submit the application for our children with his application at the same time under this criteria (we are from European Union Country, children we born outside the UK, but we all have permanent resident cards now as we have been living in the UK for 10 years):

Child whose parents are applying for British citizenship
Where one or both parents are applying for British citizenship they may apply for one or more children who are not automatically British at birth to be registered as British citizens as part of a “family application”.
Children in this category will be considered at the Secretary of State for the Home Department’s discretion and will usually be registered only if both the parents are granted or already hold British citizenship, or if one parent holds British citizenship and the other is settled in the UK

However I don't want to apply for British citizenship at the moment, as it would be too much money and we can't afford it for all of us, but I'm worried that they will refuse our children application, if we all don't apply at the same time. Can anyone give me some advice, if we can send the application (even if I'm not applying) or it would be better to wait for my husband becoming British and then apply for the British Citizenship for our children once my husband is British. It's a lot of money and we don't want Home Office to refuse our children application just because I'm not applying with them and my husband at the same. FYR: I have permanent resident card and I will give a full consent into our childrens' application.

Many thanks for giving me some advice.
Radka

secret.simon

Re: Applying for Registration as a British Citizen for child under 18

Post by secret.simon » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:04 pm

For children born outside the UK, it is expected that at least one parent is, or is applying to become, a British citizen AND the child and the other parent have ILR/PR.

I would suggest that one parent should apply for and acquire British citizenship and then apply for the children.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

RadkaJ
Newly Registered
Slovakia

Re: Applying for Registration as a British Citizen for child under 18

Post by RadkaJ » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:39 pm

Thank you for your advice.