ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Centre vs Courier

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Janetarcher680
Newly Registered
Wales

Different Wording In Status Email...

Post by Janetarcher680 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:45 am

Hello, I'm new to this. I joined this forum because the waiting is driving me crazy. I'm in such limbo and missing my husband in the UK as we have not seen each other outside of video chatting since June 17. :cry:

I've had 3 status emails since we started the process in August; 2 stating "awaiting decision" and just today "your application is still under process whilst further enquiries are being conducted." We are not over the 60 day limit (we are on 50BD) and I've read that the UKVI Centre has limited information regarding reviews and decisions so is it just different wording from a different agent or should I be worried?! :|

Here is our time line:
Type: Settlement Spouse Wife
Online Application: 01/08/18
Biometrics: 27/08/18
Documents Sent (Florida, USA) 30/08/18
Documents Recieved (Sheffield): 03/09/18
EMAIL "Awaiting Decision" status received: 11/10/18
Email "Awaiting Decision" Status received: 26/10/18
Email Query "Decision still under process whilst further enquiries are being conducted" received: 12/11/18

We only recieved these emails through the UKVI paid email query; otherwise, we've received nothing from the HO regarding my application, no requests for additional information, documents etc. My husband, is very optimistic over the last email, BTW, and I'm just hoping it means it is finally going through the multiple review and final decision making process...?

Edwardo
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Different Wording In Status Email...

Post by Edwardo » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:50 pm

I do not think there is any need to worry. In fact, you have done far better than we did with the update service - we did not even get a text to say a decision was made!

You probably feel as I did, that as they say 60 working days is the target this means you should have the visa by now.

Well the 'good' news is the HO will be in touch by day 60, either with great news or - and you'd best prepare for this - an email saying your case is 'not straightforward'.

If you get this not straightforward email then do not panic, it is sent whenever they cannot meet the 60 days and they do not explain what the issue is.

We got one.

So hang in there, you will be contacted soon one way or the other.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:55 pm

Your bio metrics was nearly in September. You will probably hear something from then sometime in December.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Janetarcher680
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Janetarcher680 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:31 pm

Edwardo wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:50 pm
I do not think there is any need to worry. In fact, you have done far better than we did with the update service - we did not even get a text to say a decision was made!

You probably feel as I did, that as they say 60 working days is the target this means you should have the visa by now.

Well the 'good' news is the HO will be in touch by day 60, either with great news or - and you'd best prepare for this - an email saying your case is 'not straightforward'.

If you get this not straightforward email then do not panic, it is sent whenever they cannot meet the 60 days and they do not explain what the issue is.

We got one.

Thanks, this is reassuring. I was up all night in panic mode. Have you recieved your decision yet? What was your time line like?

Janetarcher680
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Janetarcher680 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:55 pm
Your bio metrics was nearly in September. You will probably hear something from then sometime in December.
Thank you for your response.

Edwardo
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Edwardo » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Janetarcher680 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:31 pm
Edwardo wrote:

We got one.

Thanks, this is reassuring. I was up all night in panic mode. Have you recieved your decision yet? What was your time line like?

I know how you feel, it is a very tough process.

We got the 'not straightforward' email on day 59, the visa officially on day 120. A full and complete 6 months from the application date.

As said, with us it just turned up, no message no anything! I wanted to complain as I find it very dubious (the day they headed the decision letter was just inside their final target day of 120) but my wife, perhaps understandably, is worried they will hold it against us later.

But try not to worry, if you have sent the correct papers and meet the money demands, you will be fine.

You can check how well the Home Office have been doing with actual and real applications from your country on the gov.uk site. For example, we found out most applications were being decided in 90-120 days for my wife's country...nowhere near the 60 days.

Take a look - gov.uk and then visa processing times.

Janetarcher680
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Janetarcher680 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:53 am

Edwardo wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:32 pm
Janetarcher680 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:31 pm
Edwardo wrote:

We got one.

I know how you feel, it is a very tough process.

We got the 'not straightforward' email on day 59, the visa officially on day 120. A full and complete 6 months from the application date.

As said, with us it just turned up, no message no anything! I wanted to complain as I find it very dubious (the day they headed the decision letter was just inside their final target day of 120) but my wife, perhaps understandably, is worried they will hold it against us later.

But try not to worry, if you have sent the correct papers and meet the money demands, you will be fine.

You can check how well the Home Office have been doing with actual and real applications from your country on the gov.uk site. For example, we found out most applications were being decided in 90-120 days for my wife's country...nowhere near the 60 days.

Take a look - gov.uk and then visa processing times.
Funnily, 60, 90 and 120 BD for the USA are 99% 🙃

Janetarcher680
Newly Registered
Wales

Escalation Prior to 60 Days..

Post by Janetarcher680 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:03 am

Yesterday I got an email from UKVI after I sent a status enquiry, stating that my application was still 'awaiting a decision while further enquiries are being conducted.'

OK.

Then today, I got this email:

"Thank you for the information you have provided.
Your application is awaiting a decision. We escalated your case to the relevant department on (14.11.18). You should be contacted regarding your case within 15 working days from the date of escalation."

Today we are at day 52 since our application and documents were recieved, and day 57 since my biometrics. 15 working days actually lands 2 days after our " planned" date for travel to the UK.
My very optimistic, excited husband doesn't care as long as they say yes, despite he having already bought me a one way ticket home for Dec 3, to him (it was during the summer when the price was super cheap at 192£). :P

Has anyone else gotten an "escalation" email prior to the 60 days, without even requesting an escalation? I always send my information (case number, IHS number, passport number, dates of submissions etc) in my enquiries so I don't think that had anything to do with it? Is this email a good or bad sign? "Contacted about your case" sounds a tad ominous. :| Also, should I still request escalation on day 61 (Nov 27) as I didn't actually request one... ? :?:

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Escalation Prior to 60 Days..

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:50 am

Escalation just means the call centre sends the message to Sheffield. I wouldn't bother contacting them at all until past 60 working days.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Janetarcher680
Newly Registered
Wales

Re: Escalation Prior to 60 Days..

Post by Janetarcher680 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:31 am

I really wasn't going to contact them again until Nov 27... I was just wondering why they said it was escalated when I didn't request an escalation and it's not past 60 days for another 2 weeks 🙃

Janetarcher680
Newly Registered
Wales

Visa Centre vs Courier

Post by Janetarcher680 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:48 am

Today (54wd) I got this email:

"Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. However the visa application centre will be in contact with you in regards to collection or delivery of your passport.
We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents."

I know this is mostly generic, yes? So here's my question.. I had sent my documents via roundtrip VFS courier "envelope" so despite saying the VAC will contact me, so it'll still come by mail/courier, right? I'm now worried my passport and return documents will get lost!

BTW, in other people's experiences, by wording and that the decision wasn't made too early or past 60 days.. What are my chances of it being "yes" or "no" ? My husband is ecstatic and keeps telling me to "have faith" but I don't want to get my hopes too high up just in case.... :roll:

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa Centre vs Courier

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:54 am

Please desist from starting a new topic with each HO email you get. Keep all posts in ONE topic!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:55 am

No one can tell you what the outcome is. You will need to wait till the passport is collected!! The email is generic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Janetarcher680
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Janetarcher680 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:07 am

My question was about the Visa Centre vs Courier as they said the VAC would contact me, and did not mention the courier which I had opted for. I didn't know if that made a difference and if I should be worried about it getting lost. :|

Each email from them just prompted a different question from me and I did not see a similar topic posted by anyone else to find an answer. I'll no longer post any questions after this, regardless. Thanks. 👌

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:11 am

It's a simple request to follow the forum rules about multiple topics as the link I posted states and keep all queries on the same application in one thread!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)