ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post graduation visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

i2siss
Algeria

Post graduation visa

Post by i2siss » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:43 pm

Dear all,

I am on Tier 2 visa and I am looking forward to studying an MSc part time which will end at the end of my Tier 2 visa. At that time, will I be eligible for 2 years post graduation visa scheme?

Looking forward to your feedback,

Regards
Smail

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Post graduation visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:35 pm

No as you would not have been a tier 4 visa holder completing your studies, which is the purpose of the proposed new post study work visa.

https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk/201 ... ion-route/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:43 pm

CR001 thanks for your reply.

"The Graduate Immigration Route will be available to international students who have completed a degree at undergraduate level or above at a Higher Education Provider with a track record of compliance and who have a valid Tier 4 visa at the time of application."

I can only understand from this paragraph that they stress the fact of having a VALID Tier 4 visa at the time of application. What do you think?

Regards
Smail

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:08 pm

It is very clear what it says. As a tier 2 visa holder, you are not a graduate in a tier 4 visa if you study part time while on tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.