ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 to Global Talent visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

i2siss
Algeria

Switching from Tier 2 General to Global Talent Visa

Post by i2siss » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:51 pm

Dear all,

I would be grateful if someone could inform me whether when switching from Tier 2 General to Global Talent visa the IHS payment would be automatically transferred to the new visa (i.e., Global Talent) knowing that the remaining IHS paid through the Tier 2 visa well covers the period asked through Global Talent visa.

Looking forward to your feedback,

Regards
Smail

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching from Tier 2 General to Global Talent Visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:09 pm

No it is not "transferred". You have to pay IHS again if you apply for global talent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:09 pm
No it is not "transferred". You have to pay IHS again if you apply for global talent visa.
Can the applicant apply for a refund of the IHS cost that remains in the Tier 2 visa?

Regards
Smail

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:42 pm

You can, no guarantee you will get one though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:42 pm
You can, no guarantee you will get one though.
Is there a section the website of the Home Office relevant to this matter?

Regards
Smail

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:04 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:45 pm

Dear all,

I would be grateful if some one can answer the following question: would it be fine keep a dependant of Tier 2 visa in the same visa while the main applicant switches to Global Talent?

Regards
Smail.

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:04 pm
Google??

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
Hi CR007

In the Home Office website they mention the following with regards to IHS refund:

You will not get a refund if:
•you’re applying for indefinite leave to remain or changing to another visa where you do not need to pay the IHS

Would that mean those who need to pay the IHS for switching (e.g., Tier 2 to Global Talent) would get a refund?

Regards
Smail

i2siss
Algeria

Switching from Tier 2 to Global Talent visa

Post by i2siss » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:59 pm

Dear all,

I would be grateful if someone can provide me with clarifications with regards to the following:

I am the main holder of a Tier 2 General visa and I will apply for Tier 2 Dependant visa so that my wife will join me in the UK. At the same, time I am applying for the endorsement of the Global Talent visa, would that affect my wife Tier 2 Dependant visa?

Also, would she be able to keep her Tier 2 Dependant visa once after me switching to the Global Talent visa? if no, will both of us be eligible for refund of the IHS (at the switching time, I would have consumed 1 years out of 3 years and my wife would have consumed 1 month out of 2.5 years)?

Regards
Smail

i2siss
Algeria

Re: Switching from Tier 2 to Global Talent visa

Post by i2siss » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:48 pm

i2siss wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:59 pm
Dear all,

I would be grateful if someone can provide me with clarifications with regards to the following:

I am the main holder of a Tier 2 General visa and I will apply for Tier 2 Dependant visa so that my wife will join me in the UK. At the same, time I am applying for the endorsement of the Global Talent visa, would that affect my wife Tier 2 Dependant visa?

Also, would she be able to keep her Tier 2 Dependant visa once after me switching to the Global Talent visa? if no, will both of us be eligible for refund of the IHS (at the switching time, I would have consumed 1 years out of 3 years and my wife would have consumed 1 month out of 2.5 years)?

Regards
Smail
CR001, please would you like to bring some insights on the above questions.

Regards
Smail

i2siss
Algeria

Tier 2 Dependant status

Post by i2siss » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:40 pm

Dear all,

I would be grateful if someone could let me know whether the Tier 2 dependant can hold his/her visa after the main Tier 2 holder have already switched to another type of visa (e.g., Tier 1)?

Regards
Smail

i2siss
Algeria

PBS Dependant application question

Post by i2siss » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:05 pm

Dear all,

I would be grateful if you could help me with the following:

My wife is applying to join me in the UK and she has got a question while filling out the application form which is: Will they be travelling with you to the UK?
Given the fact that I am already in the UK, should she answer by NO even if I will go to my country and bring her to the UK?

Also, the question: Are you currently living with your partner? Should the answer be NO?!!

Regards
Smail

i2siss
Algeria

Re: PBS Dependant application question

Post by i2siss » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:15 pm

Please anyone can help!

Regards
Smail

i2siss
Algeria

Re: Tier 2 Dependant status

Post by i2siss » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:16 pm

Please can anyone help!

Regards
Smail

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:52 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:57 pm

Family members.

Answer truthfully.

Include evidence of subsisting marriage.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:26 pm

If the main applicant switches from a non-PBS visa, the PBS dependents also have to switch to the corresponding non-PBS category. They can do so from either within the UK or outside the UK. This is given in the PBS dependents guidance.

You can't transfer IHS fee to a new visa category. You'll have to pay the full IHS fees for the new visa duration. I have applied to switch from Tier 2 to GTV (3 years), and have paid the full IHS fee for 3 years.

IHS refund conditions are issued for a small number of quite specific circumstances (such as early curtailment of visa). Frankly, a lot of them are niche corner cases, and are not likely to be met for switching visa categories or ILR applications. Last year, I switched from Tier4 Doctorate Extension to Tier 2 and I didn't get an IHS refund.