ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Criminal record certificate for Tier 2 Dependant visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

i2siss
Algeria

Criminal record certificate for Tier 2 Dependant visa

Post by i2siss » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:45 pm

Dear all,

I would be grateful if someone can let mw know whether criminal record certificate for Tier 2 Dependant visa is mandatory.

Ps: the main applicant has not provided the Criminal record certificate since it was mandatory and has already been granted the Tier 2 General visa.

Regards
Smail

alex132
- thin ice -

Re: Criminal record certificate for Tier 2 Dependant visa

Post by alex132 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:46 am

Do you apply in UK or outside of UK?

specialty
Newly Registered
India

Post by specialty » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:03 pm

>> whether criminal record certificate for Tier 2 Dependant visa is mandatory.

depends...pls check this out...

Does the main applicants occupation fall in the SOC...per info in this link (point 24 and 26), https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2-2020.pdf

In the link - point 24 states "adult partner..." - "24. The following applicants are required to provide a criminal record certificate:
• the adult partner (spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner) of a PBS
migrant in the categories above, where that partner is applying for entry clearance as
a PBS dependant either with the main application or to join them subsequently. "

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:28 pm

alex132 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:46 am
Do you apply in UK or outside of UK?
Outside the UK.

Regards
Smail

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:01 am

specialty wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:03 pm
>> whether criminal record certificate for Tier 2 Dependant visa is mandatory.

depends...pls check this out...

Does the main applicants occupation fall in the SOC...per info in this link (point 24 and 26), https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2-2020.pdf

In the link - point 24 states "adult partner..." - "24. The following applicants are required to provide a criminal record certificate:
• the adult partner (spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner) of a PBS
migrant in the categories above, where that partner is applying for entry clearance as
a PBS dependant either with the main application or to join them subsequently. "
The main applicant was not asked to provide criminal records certificate because he does not fall within the list of SOC code mentioned in Point 26 and does not work for education, health ... And the main applicant is now in the UK.

The question is: does the dependent follow exactly what was the case for the main applicant?

Regards
Smail

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:03 am

The question is: does the dependent follow exactly what was the case for the main applicant?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.