ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GTV required documents

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

i2siss
Algeria

Premium service for the GTV stage 2 application inside the UK

Post by i2siss » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:22 pm

Dear all,

Please, is the premium service for the Global Talent Visa stage 2 application inside the UK available?

Regards
Smail

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Premium service for the GTV stage 2 application inside the UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:28 pm

The service is currently suspended and not available to any applicants.

It doesn't appear it is available for applicants switching within the UK. UKVI website clearly states it takes 8 weeks, sometime longer.

https://www.gov.uk/global-talent/switch-to-this-visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:43 pm

Thanks CR001 for your prompt reply.

In that case, would it be possible to apply for the GTV to start at a date later than 3 months after receiving the letter and once the decision is received, the applicant travels with his/her old Tier 2 visa before the starting date of the GTV?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:48 pm

You cannot travel out of the UK while you have an application pending with ukvi. It will be considered withdrawn you will lose your fees.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:59 pm

Right, I am asking in case the decision has already been made but the starting date of the GTV is still in the future. In that case, would I be able to travel with the Tier 2 visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:11 pm

Once the new visa is granted, your tier 2 visa is cancelled and no longer valid.

You cannot hold teo different visas at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:17 pm

I see, it means that when switching there is no starting date of the switched to visa. In other words, the starting date of the new visa is the decision day!

Is there a way to figure out whether I am eligible for the reuse of my previous biometric data? I have applied for Tier 2 on October 2019!

Regards
Smail

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:20 pm

I see, it means that when switching there is no starting date of the switched to visa. In other words, the starting date of the new visa is the decision day!
Correct. Requesting a visa start within 3 months is relevant to applications outside the UK, not within the UK.
Is there a way to figure out whether I am eligible for the reuse of my previous biometric data? I have applied for Tier 2 on October 2019!
No. UKVI decides that and you will be notified by email for reuse or to enroll at a centre.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:29 pm

Thanks CR001 for the extra details.

The 3 months I mentioned is related to the time the endorsed applicant has to apply before his/her endorsement expires.

Regards

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:49 pm

i2siss wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:29 pm
Thanks CR001 for the extra details.

The 3 months I mentioned is related to the time the endorsed applicant has to apply before his/her endorsement expires.

Regards
Have you submitted a stage2 application yet?

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:17 pm

i2siss wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:22 pm
Dear all,

Please, is the premium service for the Global Talent Visa stage 2 application inside the UK available?

Regards
Smail
Priority service is not available for global talent applicants.
However, super priority applications from within the UK are possible, but are currently suspended due to Covid19 disruptions/backlogs. Please check UKVI webpages for updates on resumption of this service.

i2siss
Algeria

IHS reference for an overlapped period

Post by i2siss » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:02 pm

Dear all,

Can we use the same IHS reference for an application where we have an overlapped period when switching from Tier 2 to the Global Talent Visa?

I have tried it and it seems that the website does not prevent it!

In such a situation, can we risk rejection?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS reference for an overlapped period

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:07 pm

You need a new IHS number, which you get when you pay the IHS for your new application you are making.

Trying to use a previous number will simply delay your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

i2siss
Algeria

Re: IHS reference for an overlapped period

Post by i2siss » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:07 pm
You need a new IHS number, which you get when you pay the IHS for your new application you are making.

Trying to use a previous number will simply delay your application.
CR001, thanks for your prompt reply.

I guess you have understood the reason behind trying this.

I have also asked the HO about the refund and this is what I have got "upon receipt of an application, checks will be undertaken to see if there has been overlapping payments of IHS that cover the same period and refunds made where appropriate."

It seems that there will be chances of refund!

Regards
Smail

i2siss
Algeria

Extra days in the GTV

Post by i2siss » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:03 pm

Dear all,

I would be grateful if you could let me know how many days someone gets on top of the number of years requested in GTV applications.

Regards
Smail

i2siss
Algeria

GTV visa queries

Post by i2siss » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:15 pm

Dear all,

I have decided to apply for 2 years Global Talent visa before the beginning of October to avoid the IHS increase.

At the same time, I am trying to get, at the end of the 2 years Global Talent visa, 3 years combined with my current visa (Tier 2) so that I would be able to apply for the indefinite leave to remain (ILR). The little issue is my Tier 2 visa started on the 21st of October 2019 and the 3 years period is calculated as shown in the capture below.

Now, I have two questions:

• When would be the starting date of the Global Talent visa, the application date or the decision date?

• How many extra days does the home office give to the applicant on top of the number of years requested in his/her application?

Looking forward to your feedback,
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: GTV visa queries

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:00 pm

• When would be the starting date of the Global Talent visa, the application date or the decision date?
Decision date.
• How many extra days does the home office give to the applicant on top of the number of years requested in his/her application?
Likely only for the period you have applied for. The extra days you are likely referring to are for certain visa categories applied for outside the UK.

Can you also take the time to read the forum rules, specifically about posting multiple topics!!!

https://www.immigrationboards.com/announcements/
Char (CR001 not Casa)

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:00 pm
Decision date.
Likely only for the period you have applied for. The extra days you are likely referring to are for certain visa categories applied for outside the UK.

Can you also take the time to read the forum rules, specifically about posting multiple topics!!!

https://www.immigrationboards.com/announcements/
CR001, thanks for your reply.

In the Immigration Rules Appendix W: Immigration Rules for Workers, the following is mentioned:

"(a) The applicant must have spent a continuous period lawfully in the UK, counted backwards from whichever of the following dates is most beneficial to the applicant:
(i) the date of application for indefinite leave to remain
(ii) the date of decision
(iii) any date up to 28 days after the date of application"

Would the option (iii) be perfect in my case? In other words, if I would get a GTV for 2 years ending on the 1st October 2022, knowing that I would only do 3 years by the 20th of October 2022, can still be ok to get the ILR?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:19 pm

Option ii refers specifically for ilr and not GTV visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:19 pm
Yes indeed.

All the three options (i, ii, iii) are for the ILR. I am trying to figure out which of the three options can be beneficial to me as an applicant for the ILR if we assume that my GTV will end on the 1st of October 2022 (keeping in mind that my previous Tier 2 started on the 21st of October).

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:30 pm

Any of them, depends at what point the case worker starts working on your application at the time, which is after biomterics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:48 am

i2siss wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:28 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:19 pm
Yes indeed.

All the three options (i, ii, iii) are for the ILR. I am trying to figure out which of the three options can be beneficial to me as an applicant for the ILR if we assume that my GTV will end on the 1st of October 2022 (keeping in mind that my previous Tier 2 started on the 21st of October).

Regards
Here are some answers.

1. If you have just received a stage 1 endorsement, and have not made a stage 2 application, you can travel out of the UK and return if your current visa shall not expire before the date of your return arrival in the UK.

2. If you have already made a stage 2 application i.e. submitted online after paying the requisite fees, you cannot leave the Common Travel Area (UK, Channel Islands & Ireland). If you leave the CTA for personal or business/work-related reasons before receiving your decision and new BRP (irrespective of whether your biometrics is pending due to Covid-19 related delays or awaiting decision after biometrics), your application will be automatically treated as abandoned/wiithdrawn. No refunds will be issued if the biometrics hae been enrolled.

3. For ILR continuous presence requirements, the caseworker shall use the date most favourable to the applicant. In the case of GTV visa, it is 3 years. You can also count all the time spent on Tier 2 visa, but only if switching to GTV from within the UK (not if applying from outside the UK).

You can submit your ILR application no earlier than 28 days from the date for which the 3-year continuous presence (Tier 2 + GTV) is attained.

For example, if your Tier 2 visa commenced on Sep 12, 2019, and after swtiching, your GTV visa start date is on Sep 12, 2020, the earliest you can submit your ILR application is Aug 16, 2022 (counting 3 years minus 28 days from Sep 12, 2019).

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:26 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:30 pm
Any of them, depends at what point the case worker starts working on your application at the time, which is after biomterics.
CR001, I appreciate your reply.

Let's consider I will get a decision on a 2 years GTV on the 1st of October 2020 which will expire by the 30th of September 2022. Would I be eligible for ILR if I would apply on the 28th or 29th of September 2022 given the fact that my Tier 2 started on the 21st of October 2019 and I entered the UK on the 25th of October 2019?

You can obviously notice that I am trying to avoid the IHS increase and also not want to pay one extra IHS year!

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:35 am

You can apply for ilr within 28 days before the 3rd anniversary (provided your endorsement meets the criteria for 3 years ILR) of the tier 2 general visa issue date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:51 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:35 am
You can apply for ilr within 28 days before the 3rd anniversary (provided your endorsement meets the criteria for 3 years ILR) of the tier 2 general visa issue date.
Even if the GTV expires on the 30th of September 2022 (i.e., before the 3rd anniversary by less than 28 days)?

Regards