ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uklondonn
Spain

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by uklondonn » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:37 pm

Hi, I guess we don't need to provide any photo on the UKVCAS appointment, isn't it?

By the way, are there anyone that submitted the application after the 11th, seen any available appointment? I'm wondering if UKVCAS open appointments on a daily basis or weekly? (For new people)

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:57 pm

uklondonn wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:37 pm
Hi, I guess we don't need to provide any photo on the UKVCAS appointment, isn't it?

By the way, are there anyone that submitted the application after the 11th, seen any available appointment? I'm wondering if UKVCAS open appointments on a daily basis or weekly? (For new people)

Thanks!
No physical photo is needed. UKVCAS staff will take your digital photo.
You will have to wait till UKVCAS announces next steps for applicants who applied after 11th Sep. You will not be able to view or book any appointments for now if you are in that lot.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:04 pm

For applicants who applied after 11th Sep

You will have to wait for UKVCAS to update the flash message. For now, the booking system is only open for applicants who applied up to 11th Sep.

Note, majority times the booking system opens up even before an official update comes up OR an email is received.

So you will have to keep checking UKVCAS flash message updates & this biometrics topic for recent developments. Members post their experience here and then everyone knows that the system is open. You have to be pro active as appointments are eaten up quickly.

You will only be able to book an appointment or use IDV app once the system opens up for you.

You will be notified by email if you are eligible for IDV app or not.

If you are eligible for IDV app, you will be able to provide biometrics from home via the app. However, you will have an option to book an appointment instead also. Choice is yours.

If you are not chosen for IDV app, then you will be given a chance to book an appointment only. The booking system will open up for you then and you will be able to view appointments.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

uklondonn
Spain

Post by uklondonn » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:34 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:04 pm
For applicants who applied after 11th Sep

You will have to wait for UKVCAS to update the flash message. For now, the booking system is only open for applicants who applied up to 11th Sep.

Note, majority times the booking system opens up even before an official update comes up OR an email is received.

So you will have to keep checking UKVCAS flash message updates & this biometrics topic for recent developments. Members post their experience here and then everyone knows that the system is open. You have to be pro active as appointments are eaten up quickly.

You will only be able to book an appointment or use IDV app once the system opens up for you.

You will be notified by email if you are eligible for IDV app or not.

If you are eligible for IDV app, you will be able to provide biometrics from home via the app. However, you will have an option to book an appointment instead also. Choice is yours.

If you are not chosen for IDV app, then you will be given a chance to book an appointment only. The booking system will open up for you then and you will be able to view appointments.
Thanks for the clarification! Very useful.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:44 pm

UKVCAS update 21 Sep

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Delayed return to our pre-COVID service
Following the changes to our service caused by Covid-19, we are planning to return to our normal ways of working soon. This will mean that customers will be able to book an appointment as soon as they register with UKVI/UKVCAS.

We were planning to do this on 21 September 2020, but we are still working on final testing with UKVI. We will let you know when this is completed and will confirm the date as soon as we can.

We understand that this is a very worrying time for some people but please DO NOT call the UKVCAS contact centre.

it-consultant
Newly Registered
India

Post by it-consultant » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:07 pm

All, specially @CULLINAN as he was keen to collect data on IDV only based submissions

• Application submission UKVCAS 14th May
  • IDV eligibilty email 1st Aug
  • IDV invite 4th Sep
  • Submission via IDV 6th Sep
  • Approval for naturalisation 21 Sep ~ 10 AM
The email does mention upto 12 week wait for ceremony invite and not to contact them till that time. Now the wait for this (hopefully the last) step

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:51 pm

Anymore decisions for anyone who submitted via IDV app only between 17th Aug - 31st Aug? Seems like decisions have slowed down......

ilrhell
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ilrhell » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:09 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:51 pm
Anymore decisions for anyone who submitted via IDV app only between 17th Aug - 31st Aug? Seems like decisions have slowed down......
Submitted App on the 14th of April and sent Bio using IDV app on the 25th of Aug, got a decision today via email.

finallyilrlr
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by finallyilrlr » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:16 pm

Just DM'd UKVCAS on twitter and they said that they're holding us (post-12 sep applicants) off because there are no appointments available anyway - so they're processing the backlog. Is this true? Any appointments still available? They've given some really unreliable responses tbh :(

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:17 pm

finallyilrlr wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:16 pm
Just DM'd UKVCAS on twitter and they said that they're holding us (post-12 sep applicants) off because there are no appointments available anyway - so they're processing the backlog. Is this true? Any appointments still available? They've given some really unreliable responses tbh :(
Yes appointment availability has almost gone down to zero.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:19 pm

ilrhell wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:09 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Submitted App on the 14th of April and sent Bio using IDV app on the 25th of Aug, got a decision today via email.
Congrats 😊

ilrhell
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ilrhell » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:34 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:19 pm
ilrhell wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Congrats 😊
Thanks, been following the forum for weeks and have used it since day one. Just waiting for the ceremony email.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:50 pm

ilrhell wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:34 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:19 pm
ilrhell wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Congrats 😊
Thanks, been following the forum for weeks and have used it since day one. Just waiting for the ceremony email.
Ceremony invitation can take 12 weeks or more.

Issue1985
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Issue1985 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:56 pm

App submitted on 13th June 2020
Invitation to use IDV 28/08/2020
IDV submitted on 28/8/2020
Yet to receive a decision

Choudhryalim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Choudhryalim » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Hello guys,
I have been quietly following this forum and other forums.
And I think I have noticed a trend regarding the order in which NATIONALITY applications are being decided. I have noticed that since the beginning of the last week only those applicants who submitted their applications in May AND used the IDV app have been receiving the decisions on their applications.
Before that I noticed that for the week commencing 07 Sept Almost all of those who received decisions on their nationality application have submitted their application in March & April 2020 AND used the IDV app
Please note, this is my observation only and I might be wrong.
However, if my observation is correct then this means that home office is processing NATIONALITY applications in date order and right now they are processing applications which has been received in the second half of May 2020.
So people who applied for nationality after May should sit back and wait for decision.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:40 pm

Choudhryalim wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:21 pm
Hello guys,
And I think I have noticed a trend regarding the order in which NATIONALITY applications are being decided. I have noticed that since the beginning of the last week only those applicants who submitted their applications in May AND used the IDV app have been receiving the decisions on their applications.
Before that I noticed that for the week commencing 07 Sept Almost all of those who received decisions on their nationality application have submitted their application in March & April 2020 AND used the IDV app
However, if my observation is correct then this means that home office is processing NATIONALITY applications in date order and right now they are processing applications which has been received in the second half of May 2020.
So people who applied for nationality after May should sit back and wait for decision.
I would agree with this observation. Majority applications are processed in date order.

ALPHA78
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ALPHA78 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi ,

Thanks for this great forum

Applied for Naturalization 31-05-2020 with all Family members

Photo sent on 06-09-2020 using IDV APPLICATION

All Naturalization APPROVED today 21-09-2020

Note: Non EU, it was 5Years + 1 Year ILR Set(O)

Naturalization Application included main Applicant + Spouse + 2 Children

Thanks for everyone on this forum and good luck for those who are waiting

Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:35 pm

Many appointments have been rolled including some free appointments. Quick book!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:36 pm

Since I have waited 3 weeks for IDV app decision. I have booked a FREE appointment at croydon for Friday. Will keep you posted.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:47 am

jenov wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:16 pm
Used the IDV app on 27/08 but haven't heard back yet. But as some have got a decision from doing an in-person biometric appt, I've been thinking about it too since beginning of Sept.

Sometimes I go into the UKVCAS website to check for any free appointments and I get nothing except just now, I managed to get a free one at Victoria. Decided to go for it since it's free.

Still loads of free ones for Fri, 25th between 10am-4pm and all of next week in case you are wondering/interested.

Anyways my in-person appt is this coming Wed AM. Keep you guys posted! :) Enjoy your weekend!
I submitted my biometrics via IDV app on 28/8 and booked a free appointment for coming Friday (2 days after you). Similar kind of timeline. Finger crossed. Lets see if dual submission works for us. Keep us posted.

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:59 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:40 pm
Choudhryalim wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:21 pm
Hello guys,
I would agree with this observation. Majority applications are processed in date order.
There are a few outliers tho. I submitted in March, got the confirmation the next day and no response or decision yet.

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:04 am

@ Cullinan,
For myself and my family of 4
App submitted on 23rd March 2020
Invitation to use IDV 10th Sept 2020
IDV submitted on 11 Sept 2020
Yet to receive a decision. Yet to receive any correspondence at all

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:29 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:36 pm
Since I have waited 3 weeks for IDV app decision. I have booked a FREE appointment at croydon for Friday. Will keep you posted.
Same here. I have waited too long for any correspondence of any form. I have booked us all a reduced £69 appointment at Sheffield for next Friday. Will see how it goes

Jeannot88
United Kingdom

Post by Jeannot88 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:45 am

[quote=CULLINAN post_id=1939168 time=1600732041 user_id=179089]
[quote=jenov post_id=1937982 time=1600449380 user_id=92663]
Used the IDV app on 27/08 but haven't heard back yet. But as some have got a decision from doing an in-person biometric appt, I've been thinking about it too since beginning of Sept.

Sometimes I go into the UKVCAS website to check for any free appointments and I get nothing except just now, I managed to get a free one at Victoria. Decided to go for it since it's free.

Still loads of free ones for Fri, 25th between 10am-4pm and all of next week in case you are wondering/interested.

Anyways my in-person appt is this coming Wed AM. Keep you guys posted! :) Enjoy your weekend!
[/quote]

I submitted my biometrics via IDV app on 28/8 and booked a free appointment for coming Friday (2 days after you). Similar kind of timeline. Finger crossed. Lets see if dual submission works for us. Keep us posted.
[/quote]

Glad you were able to get a free appointment too! Yes fingers crossed for us both and everyone waiting. Will post once I hear back.

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:11 am

jenov wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:45 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:47 am
jenov wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:16 pm

Glad you were able to get a free appointment too! Yes fingers crossed for us both and everyone waiting. Will post once I hear back.
Do you still see any availability on your end for the timeframe you mentioned? I submitted my application after 12 September 2020 so maybe everything is blocked for me still no matter what.