ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dodiddone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Dodiddone » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:13 pm

gag285 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:31 pm
Dodiddone wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:21 am
Hi Mate, I would really appreciate if anyone can help to see if there are still slots in either Southampton, Reading, Swindon or Guildford in Oct. I applied in early May and did IDV on 8 Sep. I was really wanting to rely on IDV but I am starting to worry as it has been more than 5 months since application and 1 month since IDV. I booked a slot at Croydon for next week but cancelled it yesterday as I would not be able to go. I could then only book a new slot on 2/11 but that is too long after to serve the dual submission purpose. If I cancelled this again to check availability myself, I will be risking losing this slot again. I am sorry to bother you but this booking system is completely opaque. Thank you in advance.
Even if somebody told you about slots, it will be risky as appointments go fast. I had the same conversation with my solicitor yesterday and I think the risk outweighs the gain. Think it this way, you are close to 6 months from your application submission and a decision is imminent. Keep your current slot and wait ( I know its frustrating but hope for the best)
Thank you for your view. It makes a lot of sense. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for a decision, including myself.

maximus111
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by maximus111 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:43 pm

Shaaz2029 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:48 am
maximus111 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:53 am
maximus111 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:53 am
iamawonder wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:47 pm

Just thinking that if you don't want to take a chance and avoid potential delay, you might want to consider going for an appointment at an Enhanced centre where documents are scanned and uploaded in the price. But all depends on how much is your urgency and whether you are okay paying the price of appointments. Still won't be a guarantee of a quick decision though but all your documents will reach the caseworker and a potential back and forth could be avoided.
Thank you for the reply, I don’t have any urgent plans to go abroad or any issues with the job as I’m self employed. My solicitor sent all the supporting documents to the case worker so there isn’t any document that hasn’t been sent. Haste makes waste but I will leave it to my luck and wait for the reply from HO. Appreciate your response
Hi, I did IDV app submission on 26th of August and in person biometrics at Cardiff on 22nd of September as dual submissions were processed quicker but after waiting almost a month decided to go for dual but since then it looks like trend has changed. As I’m a 28th May Flr(m) applicant today I rang HO on 0300 123 2241 to ask for the status of my application. I didn’t request to escalate it but after verifying all my details he gave me a reference number and said I will get correspondence from HO in 10 days. I was wondering what does it mean as they always say at customer service they don’t have much information about the application so how he was so certain that they will contact me. It’s just when you wait for so long you start thinking negative about everything.
You don’t need to worry and think negatively. The call centre guys have nothing to do with your visa application. They are just a messengers, get your message and pass on to UKVI. It’s a stranded procedure for UKVI to respond to such queries. Chasing them won’t have a negative impact on your application as for as correct documentation are sent. All the best 👍🏼
Thanks for the reply and good vibes. Just received a call from solicitor that I’ve been granted extension on 5 year route so will be eligible for ILR from October 2022. Best wishes

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:39 pm

maximus111 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:43 pm
Shaaz2029 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:48 am
maximus111 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:53 am
maximus111 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:53 am

Thank you for the reply, I don’t have any urgent plans to go abroad or any issues with the job as I’m self employed. My solicitor sent all the supporting documents to the case worker so there isn’t any document that hasn’t been sent. Haste makes waste but I will leave it to my luck and wait for the reply from HO. Appreciate your response
Hi, I did IDV app submission on 26th of August and in person biometrics at Cardiff on 22nd of September as dual submissions were processed quicker but after waiting almost a month decided to go for dual but since then it looks like trend has changed. As I’m a 28th May Flr(m) applicant today I rang HO on 0300 123 2241 to ask for the status of my application. I didn’t request to escalate it but after verifying all my details he gave me a reference number and said I will get correspondence from HO in 10 days. I was wondering what does it mean as they always say at customer service they don’t have much information about the application so how he was so certain that they will contact me. It’s just when you wait for so long you start thinking negative about everything.
You don’t need to worry and think negatively. The call centre guys have nothing to do with your visa application. They are just a messengers, get your message and pass on to UKVI. It’s a stranded procedure for UKVI to respond to such queries. Chasing them won’t have a negative impact on your application as for as correct documentation are sent. All the best 👍🏼
Thanks for the reply and good vibes. Just received a call from solicitor that I’ve been granted extension on 5 year route so will be eligible for ILR from October 2022. Best wishes
Congratulations. I hope I’ll hear from UKVI soon and update here.

Alakazam

Post by Alakazam » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:38 pm

Hi all

I have my appointment tomorrow at Lansdowne Road at 9.30 am.

I know this forum has sort of agreed that the dual submission is no longer speeding up the process lately. But I had booked this a while back so I might as well go for it and hope it gives me a quicker decision.

Just wanted to check whether there's anything else that I need to take other than the things listed below

1. Myself
2. My passport
3. My printed appointment confirmation
4. Any original supporting documents
5. My old BRP which is now expired (not sure whether this is required but might as well take it and go)

My timeline is as follows

Application submitted: 08 June
IDV submission: 28 Aug

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Alakazam

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:39 pm

@Alakazam

1) Most important :D
All good. Good luck.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:07 pm

my solicitor has informed me of the approval today. the actual response was received on 5th of October.

I am a Set (O) applicant Tier 2 General with a dependent.

the application was made on 12th of June.
we only did IDV app selfie submission on 9th of September.
The decision came on 5th of October.

Wishing all the best for those waiting and thank you all the moderators and forum members who shared the stories and guidance. It massively helped cope with the stress.

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:34 pm

berege wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:07 pm
my solicitor has informed me of the approval today. the actual response was received on 5th of October.

I am a Set (O) applicant Tier 2 General with a dependent.

the application was made on 12th of June.
we only did IDV app selfie submission on 9th of September.
The decision came on 5th of October.

Wishing all the best for those waiting and thank you all the moderators and forum members who shared the stories and guidance. It massively helped cope with the stress.
Congratulations

Ani1984
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ani1984 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:28 pm

Hi All,
Below are my timelines for Tier 2 General Dependent Visa Application -
Date of Application - 28-April-2020
Biometric re-use email - 3-July-2020
IDV app Invitation Email - 3-Sep-2020
IDV submitted through App - 4- Sep-2020
In Person Biometric Given - 5- Oct-2020
BRP Approval email received - 7-Oct-2020

Not sure whether in person biometric worked or it was usual .Thought to share with you guys .

All the very Best everyone .

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:30 pm

Ani1984 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:28 pm
Hi All,
Below are my timelines for Tier 2 General Dependent Visa Application -
Date of Application - 28-April-2020
Biometric re-use email - 3-July-2020
IDV app Invitation Email - 3-Sep-2020
IDV submitted through App - 4- Sep-2020
In Person Biometric Given - 5- Oct-2020
BRP Approval email received - 7-Oct-2020

Not sure whether in person biometric worked or it was usual .Thought to share with you guys .

All the very Best everyone .
In your case, most likely dual submission worked.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

gyanp
United Kingdom

Post by gyanp » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:34 pm

Hello Everyone,
Below are my son's details. He is 17 years old and applying for medicine course in one of the UK university. Deadline is 15th Oct 2020 for academic year starting on sep-2021.
I applied for his ILR on 11th Aug 2020 and in person biometric completed on 25th Sep.
His University has asked for resident permit that shows his status as settled so that he can be considered as Home student (annual fees 9500 GBP) otherwise he will be considered as an international student (fees 37,500 GBP).
Eventhough overall admission process starts in Oct offers to students will be given in Feb-2021 / Mar-2021.
I hope my son will get his ILR in coming weeks. However any suggestion that can help expediting his ILR application will be extremely helpful.
I will also discuss matter with university to consider his case and accept UAN number as an evidence of ILR application.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:27 pm

gyanp wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:34 pm
Hello Everyone,
Below are my son's details. He is 17 years old and applying for medicine course in one of the UK university. Deadline is 15th Oct 2020 for academic year starting on sep-2021.
I applied for his ILR on 11th Aug 2020 and in person biometric completed on 25th Sep.
His University has asked for resident permit that shows his status as settled so that he can be considered as Home student (annual fees 9500 GBP) otherwise he will be considered as an international student (fees 37,500 GBP).
Eventhough overall admission process starts in Oct offers to students will be given in Feb-2021 / Mar-2021.
I hope my son will get his ILR in coming weeks. However any suggestion that can help expediting his ILR application will be extremely helpful.
I will also discuss matter with university to consider his case and accept UAN number as an evidence of ILR application.
You need to send an email to home office detailing your situation. Also, contact your MP with this evidence and let them escalate your situation. Either is fine but I will go with MP.

gyanp
United Kingdom

Post by gyanp » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:00 pm

kiss300 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:27 pm
gyanp wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:34 pm
Hello Everyone,
You need to send an email to home office detailing your situation. Also, contact your MP with this evidence and let them escalate your situation. Either is fine but I will go with MP.
Thanks for your advice. I have sent letter to my local MP and will also write to HO.

Archanas1993
Newly Registered
India

Post by Archanas1993 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:04 am

Hi All,

I’ve a question regarding the brp delivery. Is the applicant required to sign for the delivery when the brp arrives or can someone at the address do it for them?

Thanks.

nevsito
England

Post by nevsito » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:15 am

Archanas1993 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:04 am
Hi All,

I’ve a question regarding the brp delivery. Is the applicant required to sign for the delivery when the brp arrives or can someone at the address do it for them?

Thanks.
Hi Archanas1993

I think this depends on the courier/company- when my partner's FLR BRP was delivered, the official guidance was for someone to be present to sign for the delivery, but the courier just delivered the package to me and no signature was requested- I would suggest to have the applicant present to sign for it just in case

excel_geek
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by excel_geek » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:48 am

Got my approval today! SET(o) T2G, standard app on 21/8, dual submission

Thanks to everyone on this forum. I haven't posted much, but I've benefited from the wealth of knowledge (and good advice) from this group. See you in the BC forum next year!

To everyone still waiting, good luck, and keep calm and carry on!

Fcjl22
China

Post by Fcjl22 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:53 am

Archanas1993 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:04 am
Hi All,

Thanks.
UKVI keeps changing delivery companies. But they may find these companies they find are worse than those older ones. The new company they use will put the letter through your letter box and took a photo for that. No one takes signatures in the current situation.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:56 am

excel_geek wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:48 am

Thanks to everyone on this forum. I haven't posted much, but I've benefited from the wealth of knowledge (and good advice) from this group. See you in the BC forum next year!

Congrats!!!! :) That was fairly quick counting exactly one month from your IDV submission and exactly one week from your in person bio. Please do update us on the picture on the new BRP when you receive this. Many thanks.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:57 am

Just got this response from HO when I asked for the application update.

Code: Select all

The application is still in progress and the information submitted via the IDV app will be reviewed.
The applications are being worked in date order.
I am afraid we cannot give a time scale at this stage.

excel_geek
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by excel_geek » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:00 am

Ameline wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:56 am
excel_geek wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:48 am

Congrats!!!! :) That was fairly quick counting exactly one month from your IDV submission and exactly one week from your in person bio. Please do update us on the picture on the new BRP when you receive this. Many thanks.
Happy to, once I actually get the BRP :D I recently moved as well, so expecting some drama with the courier company. Fun never ends with the HO!

Also, since it's been asked for previously, my approval came from home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:03 am

klownking wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:57 am

The application is still in progress and the information submitted via the IDV app will be reviewed.
Date Order? Don't know what calendar they follow I guess, I think there isn't an order tbh, hopefully you can get a response soon

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:09 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:03 am
klownking wrote:

Date Order? Don't know what calendar they follow I guess, I think there isn't an order tbh, hopefully, you can get a response soon
It is just 2.5 months since I submited my application. So, I thought why not ask for an update. No one has any idea which calendar they follow. It would be amazing to crack the calendar formula of HO.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:11 am

klownking wrote:

I understand your frustration mate. I still think that you started stressing yourself early lol I would suggest for you to book an appointment and do the dual submission (free if you could get one). This might help. From the timelines, SET(O) people who are attending appointments after submitting via IDV are getting decisions same day to a week/10 days later. Best of luck.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:13 am

They are definitely not perfectly dealing with the applications in date order!!

I understand your frustration mate. I still think that you started stressing yourself early lol I would suggest for you to book an appointment and do the dual submission (free if you could get one). This might help. From the timelines, SET(O) people who are attending appointments after submitting via IDV are getting decisions same day to a week/10 days later. Best of luck.

Ameline wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:11 am
klownking wrote:

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:17 am

Ameline wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:11 am
klownking wrote:

Completely agree with what you are saying. I live in Leeds and the cheapest I can get is £70 in weekdays and £135 over the weekend. There is no free appointment in Leeds. I would wait for the next couple of weeks otherwise I will book an appointment on the weekend.

It would be easy to crack the national-lottery formula compare to HO date order.

Pat01
Newly Registered
Papua New Guinea

Post by Pat01 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:19 am

I received the ILR approval email at 10.42 this morning from the email address UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk. SET (M) application decisions seem to have been very slow in coming - mine has taken 5 months and 1 week since the original application date of 1st May 2020.

I used the IDV app on 27 August 2020, and then did an in-person biometrics submission in Croydon 4 weeks later (23rd September). I'll be interested to see which photo they use for the BRP, IDV app or Croydon photo.

I also made a submission to the call for evidence by the Chief Inspector of Borders & Immigration for his inspection of Home Office/UKVI and its partners' "front end services" before the closing date last week. I drew attention to misinformation provided, including screenshots as corroboration:

Misleading information on the UKVCAS web site, e.g.

19 Sept 2020 UKVCAS web site:

“UKVI will send updates to customers with an application in progress over the next 2 weeks to let you know what’s happening with your application.” This never happened and this message has subsequently disappeared!

24 Sept 2020 UKVCAS web site:

“UKVI have told us that they aim to deal with ALL applications in date order. This means that your case will be dealt with by UKVI based on the date of your registration with UKVI/UKVCAS.” ...which is demonstrably untrue, as SET (M) decisions came very slowly compared to other categories and even then not in order of application/registration date.