ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short stay visa - temporary extension of immigration permissions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lullukumi
Newly Registered
Korea South

Short stay visa - temporary extension of immigration permissions

Post by lullukumi » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:04 pm

Hi,

I am Seoyeon from South Korea. I am visiting my boyfriend in the middle of the pandemic. (I know it's crazy :lol:) I can stay in Ireland for 90 days as a holiday visa holder. I arrived October 10th 2020 and received permission to remain until January 4th 2021. My return flight has been cancelled by the airline after my arrival in Ireland. I came across the temporary extension of immigration permissions and I am wondering if there's any mandatory procedure to get that extension or does it automatically apply to my visa? This would allow me to rebook my return flight for sometime between January 4th and January 20th 2021.

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/41a ... rmissions/

Many Thanks,
Seoyeon

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Short stay visa - temporary extension of immigration permissions

Post by littlerr » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:30 pm

You don’t need to do anything (other than hoping that your flights don’t get cancelled again).

The extension is expected to end on 20 January and it is unlikely that they will grant any new extensions. So you will need to make sure that you leave before this date.