ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Travel and Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klite12

Work Travel and Spouse Visa

Post by klite12 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:34 pm

Hi guys,

I'm seeking employment at the moment and I may work for consultancy firm here in the UK, however consultancy involves travel and I may be expected to travel abroad for work etc.

My wife and I will live together, the company is a worldwide company however their HQ is in London, and I will hopefully be working in London too. However, if I travel abroad for work or consultancy then does this present any impact on our spouse visa? She won't be travelling with me. We've already gotten our first extension so I suppose we'll apply for the ILR next.

There is no intention to not live in the UK or entirely work from abroad, however due to the role sometimes travel is required. I'm just concerned what this may imply for our future.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Work Travel and Spouse Visa

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:36 pm

klite12 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:34 pm
Hi guys,

I'm seeking employment at the moment and I may work for consultancy firm here in the UK, however consultancy involves travel and I may be expected to travel abroad for work etc.

My wife and I will live together, the company is a worldwide company however their HQ is in London, and I will hopefully be working in London too. However, if I travel abroad for work or consultancy then does this present any impact on our spouse visa? She won't be travelling with me. We've already gotten our first extension so I suppose we'll apply for the ILR next.

There is no intention to not live in the UK or entirely work from abroad, however due to the role sometimes travel is required. I'm just concerned what this may imply for our future.
There is no absence limit on spouse visa route hence no impact as such. However, not being around may impact on being able to generate the needed documents for cohabitation evidence though

klite12

Re: Work Travel and Spouse Visa

Post by klite12 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:52 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:36 pm
There is no absence limit on spouse visa route hence no impact as such. However, not being around may impact on being able to generate the needed documents for cohabitation evidence though
Hey,

So we have a UK residence we will live at and receive correspondence too. My wife will live here too, but I'll just have to POTENTIALLY travel for work.