ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's naturalization process - clarifications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sankyb84

Wife's naturalization process - clarifications

Post by sankyb84 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:22 pm

All

Can you please help with the following queries for my wife's application?

1. She has applied for her ILR as someone staying in the country for 5 years. But in the naturalization form, it says that she can show 3 years of travel history if she is wife of British citizen (which I am but I became a citizen after she entered UK for the first time). So is it enough for her to show 3 years of history considering she is applying for this now as a wife of British citizen?
2. Is there any link that provides full summary of all docs uploaded for each supporting documents ask? Like what to upload for my wife's proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions?
3. Can my wife and I travel while her application is being reviewed? I.e. will she have her passport, BRP and my passport with us and not with home office?
4. Regarding ECCTIS letter, she has a NARIC letter from her ILR application back in 2019 - I see online that NARIC has become ECCTIS after Brexit - I am guessing we can use the same certification from NARIC in 2019 for this application?

Regards
Sankyb

nightcrawler2u
India

Re: Wife's naturalization process - clarifications

Post by nightcrawler2u » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:30 pm

sankyb84 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:22 pm
All

Can you please help with the following queries for my wife's application?

1. She has applied for her ILR as someone staying in the country for 5 years. But in the naturalization form, it says that she can show 3 years of travel history if she is wife of British citizen (which I am but I became a citizen after she entered UK for the first time). So is it enough for her to show 3 years of history considering she is applying for this now as a wife of British citizen?
2. Is there any link that provides full summary of all docs uploaded for each supporting documents ask? Like what to upload for my wife's proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions?
3. Can my wife and I travel while her application is being reviewed? I.e. will she have her passport, BRP and my passport with us and not with home office?
4. Regarding ECCTIS letter, she has a NARIC letter from her ILR application back in 2019 - I see online that NARIC has become ECCTIS after Brexit - I am guessing we can use the same certification from NARIC in 2019 for this application?

Regards
Sankyb
1. Yes. As she is applying as spouse of British Citizen only 3 year travel history is needed. Doesn't matter when you got your citizenship as long as you have one when she submits her application. The important point here is to have been physically present in the UK exactly 3 years before submission. ( for eg. if submitting application 9 Nov 2021, she must have been in the UK on 9 Nov 2018)

2. Once you submit application Home Office provides a list of documents to submit. Her ILR BRP will be enough to provide freedom from immigration time restrictions.

3. Yes, you are free to travel after applying. But after you get a decision and take the oath you can't travel until you have your British passport. Your Passport and BRP will be with you. You'll simply submit scans at UKVCAS. Once the staff see it at the biometrics appointment the documents will be returned to you.

4. Not sure about this one. I'll let someone who knows tackle that.

sankyb84

Post by sankyb84 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:38 am

Excellent and helpful feedback Nightcrawler - many thanks for this

Is there anyone else who can help me with the NARIC question please?

Regards
Sankyb

sankyb84

Post by sankyb84 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:08 pm

All

Please help with above pending query.

Regards
Santosh