ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

circlethewagons12
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by circlethewagons12 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:24 pm

Perfect! Thanks so much, I was going to submit a certifed copy of my passport and Drivers License. So it looks like I was on the right track.

I just wanted to double-check it would be awful to get this close to the finish line and do something wrong.
corky100 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:55 pm
If resident outside of Ireland submit:

Original passport from another country, national ID card, social security card or a ****certified (by a solicitor or notary public) copy of your driver’s license****

Also, when you get the application form through from passport online, it states the following :-

Government issued photo identification (Copy of front and back of Public Services Card, or
original passport or National ID card from another country, or original Driving Licence). Please
note: If resident outside of the State, certified copies of ID are accepted. A copy can be certified
by a police officer, a solicitor, the witness who signs your Identity Verification Form, or by the
issuing authority.

aleapples
Newly Registered
Croatia

Post by aleapples » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:27 pm

I’m an August 2019 applicant and today received my confirmation of address email, 29 months later.

Good luck all.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:54 pm

aleapples wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:27 pm
I’m an August 2019 applicant and today received my confirmation of address email, 29 months later.

Good luck all.
Congrats! I'm at 24 months at the moment. Curios was yours a straight forward case? These ones taking close to 30 months are making me nervous that I won't have this done before summer.

Sooze
United Kingdom

Post by Sooze » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:17 am

Just doing my usual couple of months check in. :lol: I'm up to 25 months now and not a peep. Reading that people are at 30 months is just mad. My 15 year old son (on application) will be 18 in seven weeks. God only knows what spanner that is going to be in the application!

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:02 pm

Sooze wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:17 am
Just doing my usual couple of months check in. :lol: I'm up to 25 months now and not a peep. Reading that people are at 30 months is just mad. My 15 year old son (on application) will be 18 in seven weeks. God only knows what spanner that is going to be in the application!
Yea, I'm at 24 months and seeing people at 28 and 29 months is maddening. They were supposed to deploy more resources to clear the backlog of applications, but who knows whether that has actually happened doesn't appear so.

I was hoping to be returning to Europe second half of this year and establishing residency. At this rate seems like I'll be lucky to have the FBR cert by June.

what I find most frustrating is the absolute lack of an ability to communicate with the FBR team. Hopefully the live chat comes back soon. The deafening silence is the worst part especially as many of us move past the 2 year mark from our application.
</rant>

Rbs3
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Rbs3 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:24 am

We were Aug 2019 applicants (for my daughter) and received confirmation of address and congrats emails this week. It’s a long time but feel very blessed nonetheless. Good luck to all

TTM78
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TTM78 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:03 pm

I have a question with regards to the witnessing of documents and photos and have been unable to make contact via web chat, so am hoping someone here can offer some advice.

The application requests either an official stamp or business card if no stamp is available. My witness, a teacher, has neither of these things. Has anyone ignored this and submitted witnessed documents without?

Thanks

brainiacghost
United Kingdom

Post by brainiacghost » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:37 pm

TTM78 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:03 pm
I have a question with regards to the witnessing of documents and photos and have been unable to make contact via web chat, so am hoping someone here can offer some advice.

The application requests either an official stamp or business card if no stamp is available. My witness, a teacher, has neither of these things. Has anyone ignored this and submitted witnessed documents without?

Thanks
I'm sure they could produce a letter on headed paper - that's what my witness provided and was in the guidance when I applied.

Patpatriot
United States of America

Post by Patpatriot » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:48 pm

My witness was a Nurse, no stamp or business card or official letter head. I typed up a letter explaining everything and used her hospital address and had her sign that. Hope that's enough. Guess I'll know in 2 years.

Everhopeful
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Everhopeful » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:42 pm

I used a teacher and she brought headed paper home from work - I then referred to that in the application. I’m only 9 months in though!

walter3ca
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by walter3ca » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:54 am

TTM78 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:03 pm

Thanks
In America, we used to have a store called Kinko's. Then it became the UPS store. In each case, they will make you 500 business cards in a few hours. So make the darn things.

MilkMyGoat
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MilkMyGoat » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:30 am

Hey everyone!

I loved most of my youth in Ireland and left about 5 years ago. Really regret not getting this sorted then :lol:

Anyway, I’m about to submit my FBR application but sadly I’m estranged from my parents and I don’t even know where they are or how to contact them. This means I can’t get a copy of their ID.

I do have all the other documents pertaining to claiming citizenship through a dead grandparent but, does this mean I won’t be able to register my birth? I emailed about this and they were very ambiguous in their response.

Based on others personal experiences, is there anything I can do? Could I attach a cover letter or my Irish PPS card/PPS number?

Mr_Knight
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mr_Knight » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:52 am

MilkMyGoat wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:30 am
I’m about to submit my FBR application but sadly I’m estranged from my parents and I don’t even know where they are or how to contact them. This means I can’t get a copy of their ID.

Based on others personal experiences, is there anything I can do? Could I attach a cover letter or my Irish PPS card/PPS number?
Some member have been advised to send in cover letter explaining the situation. Others have included an affidavit or sworn statement witnessed and signed by a solicitor attesting to the parental alienation/estrangement.

JohnFBR
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by JohnFBR » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:13 pm

Exciting to see the update from noncomjd - wife in the google doc. From what I can see the first of the 2019 February submissions that have been fully completed. Would suggest processing times of around 24 months.

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:01 pm

MilkMyGoat wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:30 am
Hey everyone!

I loved most of my youth in Ireland and left about 5 years ago. Really regret not getting this sorted then :lol:

Anyway, I’m about to submit my FBR application but sadly I’m estranged from my parents and I don’t even know where they are or how to contact them. This means I can’t get a copy of their ID.

I do have all the other documents pertaining to claiming citizenship through a dead grandparent but, does this mean I won’t be able to register my birth? I emailed about this and they were very ambiguous in their response.

I'm curious. What was their response to you? Because I'm in the exact same situation as you and just sent mine off a few weeks ago.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:28 pm

JohnFBR wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:13 pm
Exciting to see the update from noncomjd - wife in the google doc. From what I can see the first of the 2019 February submissions that have been fully completed. Would suggest processing times of around 24 months.
Did you mean February 2020 submissions? I'm Feb 2020 and coming up on 24 months shortly.
If so that is great news!

Leo2734
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by Leo2734 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:35 pm

Hi everyone,
I wasn't aware that they could call you to confirm your address and when I checked my call logs I noticed I missed a phone call from a Dublin number last month. Now it may not have been them but I've been waiting for 28 months and by looking at this forum this seems to be the average time when people receive their confirmation. The last time I contacted them was with a TD and that was last March and they said it was still in progress. Should I email them again? What happens if you actually miss a call from them?
Hope you can help me.

mmccarthy404
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by mmccarthy404 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:44 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:28 pm
JohnFBR wrote:
Did you mean February 2020 submissions? I'm Feb 2020 and coming up on 24 months shortly.
I think they're just confused... You can see the google doc here, and the 'noncomjd - wife' application was from 11-Feb-19 to 25-Jan-20...

I'm also a Feb 2020 applicant, I'll be sure to post here whenever I hear from the FBR

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:34 pm

Hi

I sent my FBR application on August 24, 2020
I received and email from dfat.ie on September 1, 2020 that it was received.

I have not heard anything since.

Could someone be so kind to add me to the spreadhseet? I don't seem to have edit access.

nasher472000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nasher472000 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:19 am

Long time lurker, first time poster. This forum has been so helpful, both in terms of answering questions, but in helping me stay sane while waiting as well :)

I finally had contact from the team recently! I'm so excited to see movement on my application, my timeline:

Application: 25/09/2019
Documents received: 07/10/20019
Contact from team requesting further records and confirming address: 10/01/2022
Additional documents sent: 20/01/2022

Hopefully not long to go now!

Sooze
United Kingdom

Post by Sooze » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:03 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:02 pm
Sooze wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:17 am
Yea, I'm at 24 months and seeing people at 28 and 29 months is maddening. They were supposed to deploy more resources to clear the backlog of applications, but who knows whether that has actually happened doesn't appear so.

I was hoping to be returning to Europe second half of this year and establishing residency. At this rate seems like I'll be lucky to have the FBR cert by June.

what I find most frustrating is the absolute lack of an ability to communicate with the FBR team. Hopefully the live chat comes back soon. The deafening silence is the worst part especially as many of us move past the 2 year mark from our application.
</rant>
I think that's the most frustrating thing, not being able to contact anyone about it. For all we know, our applications may have fallen off the filing cabinet and slid down the back never to be seen until the next office refurb!

Sooze
United Kingdom

Post by Sooze » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:14 pm

mmccarthy404 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:44 pm
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:28 pm
JohnFBR wrote:
I think they're just confused... You can see the google doc here, and the 'noncomjd - wife' application was from 11-Feb-19 to 25-Jan-20...

I'm also a Feb 2020 applicant, I'll be sure to post here whenever I hear from the FBR
I'm not on that list (to be fair I'm so disillusioned I only come on here to moan every couple of months), can't remember the exact date but I sent my application off in the post midish December 2019.

duffy1867
European Union

Post by duffy1867 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:17 pm

nasher472000 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:19 am
Long time lurker, first time poster. This forum has been so helpful, both in terms of answering questions, but in helping me stay sane while waiting as well :)

I finally had contact from the team recently! I'm so excited to see movement on my application, my timeline:

Just out of interest - as someone who has also been waiting for a long time (not as long as you!) - are you happy to say what the document was in general terms?

I am curious if it was an omission, or they have asked you for something totally new after all this time...

I'm 23 months in - and not very optimistic about hearing much at 24 months :lol:

circlethewagons12
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by circlethewagons12 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:04 am

I forgot to send a note that I have received my FBR in the mail after a lengthy wait the first part of the journey is over (My guess is because it was over the holiday season)

Aug 20/2019. Documents received for my FBR Application
Address confirmation: Nov 30/2021
Congrats email: Nov 30/2021
Email saying FBR certificate was sent: Dec 13/2021
FBR certificate received in the mail: Jan 14/2022

I have sent off everything last week for my passport so now hopefully I get before May. In hoping to move to Dublin in September

Good Luck to all

nasher472000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nasher472000 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:19 am

duffy1867 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:17 pm
nasher472000 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:19 am

Just out of interest - as someone who has also been waiting for a long time (not as long as you!) - are you happy to say what the document was in general terms?

I am curious if it was an omission, or they have asked you for something totally new after all this time...

I'm 23 months in - and not very optimistic about hearing much at 24 months :lol:
They wanted my fathers marriage certificate to my mother, and my marriage certificate to my wife.

As I'm claiming through my Father (born outside Ireland to an Irish born parent) and in turn my paternal grandmother (born in Ireland) I'd included my grandmothers marriage certificate to my grandfather which shows the change of name and supports the name on my father birth certificate. As I was claiming through my father and so there's no issue with name change I hadn't thought to include his marriage certificate to my Mum and I didn't think to include my own marriage certificate as I didn't think it was relevant.

They arrived at Balbriggan yesterday, so hoping it won't take too much longer now!