ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hot do I prove to my employer that my right to work during my application is valid

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kemi4jb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Hot do I prove to my employer that my right to work during my application is valid

Post by Kemi4jb » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:41 am

Hello, I applied for my ILR and got a Unique Application Number which I sent to my employer to prove that I still have right to work until the decision is out. Unfortunately my employer tried to use this UAN to check but could not go further, they asked me for a share code but the share code only refer to my current visa page.
Please what can I do or which site will they be able to check with my UAN.
Thank you

nightcrawler2u
India

Re: Hot do I prove to my employer that my right to work during my application is valid

Post by nightcrawler2u » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:06 am

You're asking about the Employer Checking Service. It's something my employer also used while I was waiting for my ILR outcome.

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

This is the website. Its a pretty simple form, they just fill in the details and the last step is to enter the reference number of your application (UAN).

adz92
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Hot do I prove to my employer that my right to work during my application is valid

Post by adz92 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:29 am

I just went through the same situation, and it took a week from when my visa expired to get the update from the ECS website. My company let me keep working after providing evidence of my application and biometrics appointment.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:18 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice