ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visa extension while main applicant on ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zainzain1980
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Family visa extension while main applicant on ILR

Post by zainzain1980 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:04 pm

Hi Experts !
Could someone guide please
I have ILR ( came to UK via Tier 2 visa). My family visa is about to expire. they still have one year before they can apply for ILR.
I am trying to extend their visa. Is this the correct link (https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children). when i click' extend or switch to your Skilled Worker visa as your partner' after few steps it ask what is the main applicant status ( their is no option of settled person, the only option i can see that may be relevant is skilled worker visa)
Q1. Is the above link correct
Q2. Do i need to click on skilled worker visa although i have ILR ???
Q3. My understanding is that my wife does not need English test for extension, is this correct ?

Thank in advance

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Family visa extension while main applicant on ILR

Post by ywlgy » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:45 pm

Assuming you got ILR based on 5y on Tier 2 and your wife is currently on Tier 2 Dependant visa:
1. Correct
2. Yes, there might a follow up question after asking if you have ILR.
3. No need for extension. She will need it for ILR.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

zainzain1980
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zainzain1980 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:11 pm

Thanks @ ywlgy for replying back. Much appreciated.
Yes i got my ILR after 5 years on Tier 2 and currently wife on Tier 2 Dependent.
On the application for my wife it ask if you are eligible for Health and care visa for IHS exemption, should i put yes as i work in healthcare sector?
Thanks once again

zainzain1980
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zainzain1980 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:28 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:45 pm
Thanks @ ywlgy for the reply
Could you advise on below as well please. i have copied the question from application
Has your spouse or partner applied to work or study
in the UK? I have ILR
I have put Yes, is this correct
Has your partner been informed they are eligible for
a Health and Care visa? I work in healthcare so i think it should be yes

Regards

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:38 pm

It's a grey area since you applied your tier 2 visa before health care visa was introduced in 2020.

First read https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... accessible to see if you are really eligible.

And if yes, you may consider the following.
If you are applying as a partner or dependant of a person who qualifies for the Health and Care Visa, but the qualifying person arrived in the UK before the Health and Care Visa was available, then you will need confirmation from the sponsor that the person upon whom your application is reliant, is eligible for the visa. The sponsor will need to provide the information, which would normally be included in the Certificate of Sponsorship, to the applicant for inclusion in the partner or dependant application. This should be in the form of a letter or an email from the sponsor and would set out the organisation and, if not an NHS body, how the organisation qualifies under paragraph 2 of this guidance.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

zainzain1980
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zainzain1980 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:36 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:38 pm
It's a grey area since you applied your tier 2 visa before health care visa was introduced in 2020.

Many thanks
It is a bit tricky. I will check with my employer if they can issue a letter as mentioned
Regards