ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied to extend Tier 2 dependent but wasn’t asked to pay IHS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hayeesha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 Dependent extension

Post by Hayeesha » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:46 pm

Hi guys, I am hoping someone can help me out with my question please

I am currently on a tier 2 dependent visa which is valid until February 20, 2022. I have been on a dependent visa since February,2020. My husband got his ilr May 2021 (via the 5 years route)

My first question is about the maintenance funds- i was under the impression that I need to show £630 for my self and it must have been in my account for at least 3 months before application. However, I read somewhere that if you have been in the uk for at least 12 months with a tier 2 dependent visa, you do not need to show this funds again. Please is this correct? I have been building my account and only had over £630 for last 2 months. I would prefer to apply now but only if i do not need to provide this financial maintenance funds. I do not want to mess up my application if this isn’t true.

Also, I understand that when I apply now, i will
Get a 3 years extension.
Lets say i apply now and get my visa in January, does that mean that by January 2025 (after the 3 years) i will need to apply again for an extension (since my 5 years will be complete February 2025)? Or when my Visa is granted, it will be until February 2025?
I say this because i have always applied in January (date of issue of my last BRP was January 23, 2021) but BRP expiry date is always February

Thank you so much for your help

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Dependent extension

Post by ywlgy » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:25 pm

You don't need to show maintenance because you have been in the UK for 12 months.

The expiry date will be 3 years after the decision date. You could apply, let's say 19 Feb, and the decision might be on 19 Mar, then the expiry would be 19 Mar 2025. That gives you no gap before applying ILR. Besides, you can apply at earliest 28 days before completing 5 years.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

Hayeesha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Dependent extension

Post by Hayeesha » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:47 pm

Thank you very much

Hayeesha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Applied to extend Tier 2 dependent but wasn’t asked to pay IHS

Post by Hayeesha » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:48 pm

Hello, i am freaking out now please, if someone can help me. I just applied to extend my tier 2 dependent visa. My husband was on tier 2 visa and just got ILR in may, 2021
I joined him in the uk January 2020, and my first BRP expired February 2021, which I renewed and my current BRP is to expire February 20,2022
I just applied to extend my visa via this link https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

I have submitted and just realizing that I wasn’t asked to pay IHS fee??! I only paid the visa fee and for biometrics.
I was also not asked for like COS number - just for the cos occupation code

I am freaking out now because it looks like I probably used the wrong link??
They also asked if he had ILR now and i said yes, so I wonder if that is why?

Please if anyone can provide help. Thank you

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Applied to extend Tier 2 dependent but wasn’t asked to pay IHS

Post by ywlgy » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:30 pm

The link is correct.

Were you taken to the IHS website before paying application fee? If yes, how did you enter start and end date?

Did you by any chance select you were eligible for Health and Care visa on the application form, which exempts IHS fee?

CoS number is not asked. They use other information to link you with your husband. They asked if he had ILR so they know they should issue you a 3 year visa.

Do not worry. Likely you will receive an email to top up IHS payment. Or alternatively, you could re-apply. It will replace the old application and you will be refunded.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

Hayeesha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hayeesha » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:50 pm

Hi, thanks for replying
No, I wasn’t taken to the IHS website at all

But oh my, yes. I did select the option that i was eligible for the health and care visa.

Do you think i can wait for about 24 hours and if I don’t get the IHS link, I should reapply?
Should I reapply by the previous link too?
Or should the applications be linked??

I am so sorry for all the questions- just freaking out a bit. Thanks

Hayeesha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hayeesha » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:24 am

Can anyone please help with a response? I havent been sent any link for IHS payment. if i reapply, does that mean i would have to pay the visa fee again?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:12 am

Hayeesha wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:50 pm

But oh my, yes. I did select the option that i was eligible for the health and care visa.
Who does not need to pay or get an IHS reference number
You’ll be able to use the NHS without paying the surcharge or getting a reference number if:
….
  • you’re a health and care worker who is eligible for a Health and Care Worker visa (or you’re their dependant)
….
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Hayeesha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hayeesha » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:19 am

Hi Vinny, thank you for the response. My partner is a healthcare worker so i would assume i qualify, (I did not pay the ihs fee when i had to renew last year). but he has an ILR now so i am not sure if i still qualify?

Should i make a new application and mention my last application number so i can get a refund?

thank you,

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:05 am

I think that the rules still consider you as a dependent partner under the Skilled worker route. So you may still be exempt under Schedule 2 1
(o)for entry clearance to enter, or leave to remain in, the United Kingdom—
  • (i)as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant, or
  • (ii)as the dependant of a Tier 2 (General) Migrant (whether or not the application is made at the same time as that of the main applicant),
where the certificate of sponsorship issued in respect of the application by the main applicant confirms the main applicant’s eligibility for a Health and Care Visa provided for by Part A of the document entitled “Tier 2 of the Points Based System – Policy Guidance (Version 07/20)” published by the Home Office.]
If I’m wrong, then they may subsequently ask for payment.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Hayeesha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hayeesha » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:22 pm

Thank you so much for the response, but i am still so confused.
What would you be your advice please- should i make another application where i do not tick that i am eligible for health and care visa so i can get the IHS fee? or do i leave my current application and go for my biometrics?
As a reminder, my husband came to the uk under tier 2 general in 2016, and got his BRP may, 2021. His (and mine) previous Tier 2 expired February and we were able to extend it for one year for free due to the health worker free visa extension
Now i dont know if that means i should tick that option, or i do not, seeing as he is now on ILR, and not tier 2 visa

I do not mind waiting to be asked to paid but because i havent received an email till today and do not know if it will come. Before I end up waiting for weeks just for nothing
Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:17 pm

vinny wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:05 am
I think that the rules still consider you as a dependent partner under the Skilled worker route.
Even though your husband has ILR, SW 36.1.
A partner will be granted:
(a) permission which ends on the same date as their partner’s permission as a Skilled Worker; or
(b) 3 years’ permission if the Skilled Worker was (or is being) granted settlement as a Skilled Worker.
still considers you as a dependent partner under the Skilled worker route.

zainzain1980
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zainzain1980 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:51 pm

Hayeesha wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:22 pm
What would you be your advice please- should i make another application where i do not tick that i am eligible for health and care visa so i can get the IHS fee? or do i leave my current application and go for my biometrics?
sorry to hijack your post. I am in the same boat and was wondering what did you do at the end? Did you go for a new application or u received extension without paying the IHS fees?
Thanks

Hayeesha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hayeesha » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:41 am

Last edited by Hayeesha on Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hayeesha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hayeesha » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:42 am

zainzain1980 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:51 pm
Hayeesha wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:22 pm
sorry to hijack your post. I am in the same boat and was wondering what did you do at the end? Did you go for a new application or u received extension without paying the IHS fees?
Thanks

Hi, I submitted the application and got my extension without paying for IHS (note that my husband is a doctor in the NHS)

zainzain1980
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zainzain1980 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:03 am

Hayeesha wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:42 am
Hi, I submitted the application and got my extension without paying for IHS (note that my husband is a doctor in the NHS)
Many thanks for abrupt reply.
This is very helpful. I will submit my family visa by ticking '' eligible for health and care visa'' and see what happens. I work in NHS as well so hopefully shouldn't be an issue then
Regards