ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration Office Passport Stamping

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ailA2019
Ireland

Registration Office Passport Stamping

Post by ailA2019 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:24 am

Any ideas guys about new passport stamped ??

My passport expired, but my current IRP card valid till the end of October 2022, and I have received a new passport and need to claim the balance of my permission.

Anyway, I called the Burgh Quay office to get an appointment but they told me you should use ISD’s online system and you do not need to attend in person to have your new passport stamped ??

what do they mean: no longer need to submit a new passport to have an immigration stamp?

I tried logging in but It is only available for IRP card renewal. :roll: :roll:

meself2
Ireland

Re: Registration Office Passport Stamping

Post by meself2 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:18 am

They don't stamp your passport anymore, no need to transfer your existing permission into your new passport. IRP will suffice.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ailA2019
Ireland

Post by ailA2019 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:57 am

meself2 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:18 am
They don't stamp your passport anymore, no need to transfer your existing permission into your new passport. IRP will suffice.
Thanks,meself2

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Post by OneWorld2122 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:13 am

It's well documented on the official website, you only need to email them with updates in your details. May be sent them an email with a copy of the biometric pages of your new passport and IRP card.
No, from April 2021 your permission is not linked to the expiration date on your passport. When you receive a new passport, you are legally required to contact your local immigration office to update your details./
Point 11 of link: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... istration/
ailA2019 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:24 am

My passport expired, but my current IRP card valid till the end of October 2022, and I have received a new passport and need to claim the balance of my permission.

Anyway, I called the Burgh Quay office to get an appointment but they told me you should use ISD’s online system and you do not need to attend in person to have your new passport stamped ??

what do they mean: no longer need to submit a new passport to have an immigration stamp?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:32 am

On what basis was your permission granted?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ailA2019
Ireland

Post by ailA2019 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:37 am

OneWorld2122 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:13 am
It's well documented on the official website, you only need to email them with updates in your details. May be sent them an email with a copy of the biometric pages of your new passport and IRP card.
No, from April 2021 your permission is not linked to the expiration date on your passport. When you receive a new passport, you are legally required to contact your local immigration office to update your details./
Point 11 of link: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... istration/
ailA2019 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:24 am

thanks OneWorld2122, That was helpful.

ailA2019
Ireland

Post by ailA2019 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:38 am

Obie wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:32 am
On what basis was your permission granted?
Stamp 4

Ola2022
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Ola2022 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:53 pm

It’s no longer a requirement to have passport stamped since covid time…the last IRP card I got doesn’t involve sending of original passport

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:25 pm

Registration office have started stamping passport again. I am aware of some local division that have resumed stamping.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:05 pm

Obie wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:25 pm
Registration office have started stamping passport again. I am aware of some local division that have resumed stamping.
For renewals or new applicants? They are not asking Dublin renewal applicants to send their passports away, so there is no way they can stamp them (unless they restarted asking people to send them back in the last few weeks).

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:29 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:05 pm
Obie wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:25 pm
For renewals or new applicants? They are not asking Dublin renewal applicants to send their passports away, so there is no way they can stamp them (unless they restarted asking people to send them back in the last few weeks).

As you will know different officers in the different region do things differently.

I reported with a family member to the centre at County Meath, I told the officer not to stamp passport, he insisted he must stamp it. He literally grabbed it from me and stamped it.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:39 pm

Obie wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:29 pm
As you will know different officers in the different region do things differently.

I reported with a family member to the centre at County Meath, I told the officer not to stamp passport, he insisted he must stamp it. He literally grabbed it from me and stamped it.
That is quite bizarre, but yeah, GNIB's around the country have always been quite inconsistent compared to the Burgh Quay office. Unless there is a change in policy which hasn't been made public yet, passports should not be stamped.

There's no harm for them to stamp the passport anyway. I'd rather have a list of all the registration dates in the passport, which makes it easier when it comes to naturalisation/LTR/WCATT applications.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:03 pm

Some Garda officers simply do not take instructions, some like Navan and Cavan are nice but they do not always take instructions, i must emphasise that I do not think they act in bad faith.

However I am unable to say the same for Garda Catherine at Kildare, she always act in bad faith, and try to put migrant on the backfoot , to the extent that few years back, i had to initiate proceedings against that station. Suffice to say she is a very unpleasant individual.

I agree that stamping passport is one means of demonstrating lawful residence, but we are in the 21 century, the minister has other means of knowing if a person has been living lawfully within her jurisdiction, without a stamp on their passport..

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:32 pm

Its so stupid why Dublin online INIS services sometimes make people life miserable.

In Cork when we went to get our TEU Article 50 cards, the officer clearly told us to come back after we get our new passports to renew the stamps in passport in the station.

Why can’t all Garda stations all be in the same page and follow the same process. Its not rocket science is it :D

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:37 pm

We should be grateful that some regions are doing things properly.

upupdowndown
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by upupdowndown » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:57 pm

The guidelines for stamping of passports is quite clear.

1st time registration - stamp passport
renewal of registration in a passport that has previously been stamped - no new stamp
renewal of registration in a new passport - stamp passport

notice is on immigration website

reason is burgh quay couldnt handle all of the passports from online renewals and the rest of the country had to follow suit