ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short stay C visa for non EU/UK spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Leek2521
Newly Registered
Ireland

Short stay C visa for non EU/UK spouse

Post by Leek2521 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:31 am

Hi ,

I was wondering if my wife applied in under 3 months would the DFA be ok with this as I
wanted to go away to Ireland in August with my wife but can't send passports for application until the beginning of June as we will be in Thailand .

meself2
Ireland

Re: Short stay C visa for non EU/UK spouse

Post by meself2 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:46 pm

If your question is, essentially, "can DFA approve my wife's visa in 3 months", we cannot give you an answer to that. Otherwise, please rephrase what you're meaning to ask.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Leek2521
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Leek2521 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:39 pm

I meant can the DFA approve it in under 3 months and would they be ok with it being under 3 months .

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:47 pm

Leek2521 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:39 pm
I meant can the DFA approve it in under 3 months and would they be ok with it being under 3 months .
They can't give you a guarantee it'll be dealt with in 3 months. They always can do so, theoretically, but most likely, they won't. I won't bank on it.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:57 pm

DFA does not have any saying in visa outcomes. DFA does not handle your visa applications at all.

A typical short-term visitor visa is usually approved within a few days and no more than 3 weeks. However, it can vary significantly depending on the specifics of the application. How much savings do you have, what are the occupations of you and your wife, how many days you intend to visit Ireland for, the detailed itinerary for your planned visit, where are you applying for the visa from, how convincing is your application that you will not be a burden to the state and will return to your country of residence after your visit.

Mess up one of the points above and you will look at a significantly longer waiting period and your visa may get rejected.