ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The referees are not limited to the example of list provided by home office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Surinder
France

The referees are not limited to the example of list provided by home office

Post by Surinder » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:32 pm

Hi everyone,
If I’m wrong please correct me or we can have a discussion.
I called home office to see if referee has to be on the list, the person said as long as they are professional stand it is acceptable and that list is just an example,
I think this is fair because how could a photographer become eligible but for example an office employee who works for council not? So I think this list is just an example not the final list

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: The referees are not limited to the example of list provided by home office

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:43 pm

I called home office to see if referee has to be on the list, the person said as long as they are professional stand it is acceptable and that list is just an example
You do realise you are not talking to Home Office staff when you call the helpline. You are talking to call centre agents who work for a third party agency Sitel UK, who are poorly trained and frequently give incorrect advice.

Also note, it is a 'Professional Photographer' and there is a professional body that they register with.

https://www.bipp.com/

Professional does not necessarily mean the job you do or the degree you have, it means the professional body you are registered with in your profession.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Surinder
France

Post by Surinder » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:04 pm

I agree and we need to consider it!
But I think In the website says the acceptable professional are the following but no limit to!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:13 pm

Surinder wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:04 pm
I agree and we need to consider it!
What do we, a group of strangers on an internet forum, need to consider? UKVI make the rules, you either meet the requirements or you don't. If your referee doesn't meet the requirements, you will be asked for another one etc. This will only cause delays to an application.

If you have an issue or problem with what UKVI requires, raise it with your MP.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:42 pm

Surinder wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:32 pm
how could a photographer become eligible but for example an office employee who works for council not?
This is what my referee had said on this point.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Surinder
France

Post by Surinder » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:58 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:42 pm
Surinder wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:32 pm
how could a photographer become eligible but for example an office employee who works for council not?
This is what my referee had said on this point.
Thank you! So for example a McDonald manager can be referred becouse McDonalds is a VAT registered.