ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should FORM 8 be printed one-sided or is double-sided okay?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stvcisco
Newly Registered
Canada

Should FORM 8 be printed one-sided or is double-sided okay?

Post by stvcisco » Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:07 am

It feels like the package I'll be sending will have lots of paper. The form itself (pages 16-38) is 23 pages alone. Will it be a problem if I print it double-sided?

stvcisco
Newly Registered
Canada

Application date on residency calculator

Post by stvcisco » Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:33 am

The Naturalisation Residency Calculator wants me to put the Application Date, but that's the date that I'll get the statutory declaration signed by a witness. I will do that AFTER printing the report from the residency calculator, so how can I know the application date for certain?

Is it okay to put an estimate of the date?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Should FORM 8 be printed one-sided or is double-sided okay?

Post by meself2 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:22 pm

Keep your post in one topic, please. Just so we can have one big thread with all the questions and answers you have.
stvcisco wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:33 am
Is it okay to put an estimate of the date?
It's fine. This data doesn't go anywhere until you yourself print it and enclose with the application (and you'll have a date at this point).
stvcisco wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:07 am
The form itself (pages 16-38) is 23 pages alone. Will it be a problem if I print it double-sided?
I'd say single pages just so the caseworker doesn't get confused, but there's no requirement to have it one way or another afaik.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ackk
Ireland

Post by ackk » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:26 pm

stvcisco wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:07 am
It feels like the package I'll be sending will have lots of paper. The form itself (pages 16-38) is 23 pages alone. Will it be a problem if I print it double-sided?
I was going to do what you asked but a colleague convinced me to print page by page when I was applying for my child, It's expensive to print in colour but don't worry about it. When I applied I had to print a whole four expired passport booklets :cry: just for you to imagine how big my parcel was and all of a sudden on the new forms you only have to print the data page in colour and witness it with a solicitor accordingly :shock:

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:53 pm

There is no requirement whether the forms and copies of passports should be printed simplex or duplex.

The first task when an officer opens your application is to scan every single piece of paper into the computer. It’s a manual task and there is barely any difference whether the files you submitted are single or double sided.

Single-sided paper is usually preferred because it is less likely that the officer there will accidentally miss one of the pages.