ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after submitting the application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tami_zee
Newly Registered
Slovakia

Travel after submitting the application

Post by Tami_zee » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:01 pm

Hi,

I have a question about traveling overseas after submitting my application and haven't found this info here in the forum:

1. I was already out of the UK for 85 days for the last 12 months, so I have only 5 days left to reach 90 days, but my travel overseas is longer than 5 days. Will that travel count towards these days if I will travel after submitting my application?

2. If not, shall I travel before the biometric appointment? I heard that my passport will be taken during the biometric appointment. Not sure if that's true.

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Travel after submitting the application

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:04 pm

Tami_zee wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:01 pm
Hi,

I have a question about traveling overseas after submitting my application and haven't found this info here in the forum:

1. I was already out of the UK for 85 days for the last 12 months, so I have only 5 days left to reach 90 days, but my travel overseas is longer than 5 days. Will that travel count towards these days if I will travel after submitting my application?
No - travel after the submission date doesn't count.
2. If not, shall I travel before the biometric appointment? You can if you wish.I heard that my passport will be taken during the biometric appointment. Not sure if that's true.
Your passport will be checked for ID purposes only - none of your documents will be taken from you.

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Tami_zee
Newly Registered
Slovakia

Re: Travel after submitting the application

Post by Tami_zee » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:08 pm

Thank you very much for your swift reply! :D You are a star 8)
It is a relieve to know, I can travel.