ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension and name change query- FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

live4pride
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Spouse visa extension and name change query- FLR(M)

Post by live4pride » Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:42 pm

Hello,

My wife was granted a spouse visa following the fiance visa. We applied for the initial spouse visa in November 2020 from the UK.

Her approval email was received dated 10th Feb 2021. BRP was issued a bit late dated 18/03/2021(due to BRP print delays/backlogs) with an expiry for 07/09/2023.

We are now in the process of applying for extension. Meanwhile we were able to change my wifes name on the utilities and bills using the marriage certificate only. We were of the opinion that the marriage certificate would be acceptable to issue BRP under new name but concluded that it has to follow the immigration document name from the passport.

My question is; since we have not changed the marriage name on the immigration document(passport) can we continue with the same old passport? :?: :?:

As we are supplying marriage certificate for the other name change on the utilities and bills anyway. Is this. going to confuse the case worker or shall we try and apply for new passport and begin the application with new surname? I am concious that we have just about a month here to reissue passport and unsure of the process at the Indian embassy side. :roll:

Any suggestions/recent experiences would be highly appreciated. :)

Many thanks
where there's a will there's a way

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse visa extension and name change query- FLR(M)

Post by manci » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:15 pm

As your wife's passport and BRP are in her maiden name that is the name she should use in the FLR(M) application. If she submits supporting documents that are in her married name include an explanatory cover letter.

After she has obtained a new passport (in her married name) use the change of circumstances form to report the name change. She will then get a new BRP.

httpShs://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

She should apply before her current visa expires

live4pride
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension and name change query- FLR(M)

Post by live4pride » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:03 pm

Thank you for your reply :)
where there's a will there's a way